GRIDIRON CLASSIC @ IRONTON 2022

fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: GRIDIRON CLASSIC @ IRONTON

Post by fielddaddy »

Was a great event plenty of fans came to see several great programs.
Love the fact people got to see teams they may have never seen being here and look forward to many more in the future.
Ironton has struck gold with this event and I can see them building on it with bigger teams.
I would like to see them make it a two day event maybe 3.
With a friday night game a couple on Saturday and couple on Sunday.
Regardless it was a great day for football and this can only grow from here.
Great job Ironton on pulling off these great games.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Did anyone notice of there were big time college recruiters at the event? I’d assume so. I know Jason Moore from Dematha Catholic is an Ohio State commit so I’d assume the big time colleges would have recruiters at such a big event.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:52 pm Did anyone notice of there were big time college recruiters at the event? I’d assume so. I know Jason Moore from Dematha Catholic is an Ohio State commit so I’d assume the big time colleges would have recruiters at such a big event.
WOULD BE GREAT to know factual reports of recruiters being there.

A poster on yappi said not enough people at home to watch to see the GRID IRON CLASSIC ON TV & , it needs a structured identity to move forward.?.??!!!

I think for the first year..

SUCCESSFUL!!!

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:52 pm Did anyone notice of there were big time college recruiters at the event? I’d assume so. I know Jason Moore from Dematha Catholic is an Ohio State commit so I’d assume the big time colleges would have recruiters at such a big event.
Mark Snyder was there

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

How well did the other two games do as far as attendance goes?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:09 am How well did the other two games do as far as attendance goes?

I was told not very well, them big schools don't travel well, a friend sent me a picture looking across at visitors seats and maybe 20 people over there and said an extra set of bleachers that was brought in never had anyone in them all day except for some kids at the last game.

He said a decent crowd on the home side during the Ironton game but still plenty of seating.

But at 10.00 a game,they made money

Bargeman
Waterboy

Post by Bargeman »

Don’t know where your friend was looking but both stands were full for the last game and the fence line as well.

Return to “Football”