Warren 28 - 61 Fort Frye 2022

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK5 WARREN VS FORT FRYE

Post by EasternDspy »

Also if Warren game plan is to run the ball they probably won’t get very far.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:54 am Even if it’s true I would never say this in the newspaper. Like you’re giving excuses before the game even starts. Like I feel bad for the Warren Srs that don’t play.
Well then, it’s a good thing you aren’t the coach. Maybe, just maybe, they aren’t good enough and the coaches don’t trust them to play on fridays? Would you rather us play kids out of charity or play kids that will actually help us 1, 2, and 3 years down the line? To me, it’s an easy choice. Playing a kid “because he’s a senior” is the dumbest argument for playing time that exists.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:32 am
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:54 am Even if it’s true I would never say this in the newspaper. Like you’re giving excuses before the game even starts. Like I feel bad for the Warren Srs that don’t play.
Well then, it’s a good thing you aren’t the coach. Maybe, just maybe, they aren’t good enough and the coaches don’t trust them to play on fridays? Would you rather us play kids out of charity or play kids that will actually help us 1, 2, and 3 years down the line? To me, it’s an easy choice. Playing a kid “because he’s a senior” is the dumbest argument for playing time that exists.

Why even put that out there that you got 3 Srs not good enough to see the field ? Why all the excuses. Instead of pretty much saying that Warren isn’t good enough why not try to talk up your team. You got 2 year starter at Qb and one of the best Rbs in the area. Just did not like the way the coach sounded in the news paper. The “smaller” Fort Frye Cadets are coming to Vincent tonight. I can’t wait to see the field in person.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:31 am

Why even put that out there that you got 3 Srs not good enough to see the field ? Why all the excuses. Instead of pretty much saying that Warren isn’t good enough why not try to talk up your team. You got 2 year starter at Qb and one of the best Rbs in the area. Just did not like the way the coach sounded in the news paper. The “smaller” Fort Frye Cadets are coming to Vincent tonight. I can’t wait to see the field in person.
It’s just a fact we play a stunningly young team. It is what it is. I wouldn’t read too much into the statement. As for the field, it’s as advertised.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:39 am
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:31 am

It’s just a fact we play a stunningly young team. It is what it is. I wouldn’t read too much into the statement. As for the field, it’s as advertised.
Everyone says it’s amazing.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Does Warren stream games?

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:11 pm Does Warren stream games?
This is off of the Warren High School Website

https://team1sports.com/highschool/oh/?S=warrenlocal

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

7:13 left in first, FF up 12-0, and just recovered fumble on kickoff at Warren's 20 yd line

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

After 1 qtr., FF 34-0

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Halftime FF leads 55-6

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

That is shameful

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Final

Fort Frye 61
Warren 28

Warren tacked on 3 tds vs Cadets Jv. Warren played starters most of the game. Cadets Jv did get a sweet pick 6.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Cadets on a pretty convincing win over Warren.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Fort could have scored 100 if they wanted to, but Coach Huck is a class act. Warren is really, really, really bad.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

boss8 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:21 am Fort could have scored 100 if they wanted to, but Coach Huck is a class act. Warren is really, really, really bad.
Warren is not bad. They are young, very, very young. Not just by age, but by varsity experience. More than half their starters would be playing JV on most of the teams in D4. No excuses, just facts. When you’re starting freshman in Ohio D4, your program isn’t where it needs to be. Good Luck Cadets from here on out. Great team with a boat load of talent and tradition. Doesn’t make Warren bad, Fort Frye is just that good.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:26 am
boss8 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:21 am Fort could have scored 100 if they wanted to, but Coach Huck is a class act. Warren is really, really, really bad.
Warren is not bad. They are young, very, very young. Not just by age, but by varsity experience. More than half their starters would be playing JV on most of the teams in D4. No excuses, just facts. When you’re starting freshman in Ohio D4, your program isn’t where it needs to be. Good Luck Cadets from here on out. Great team with a boat load of talent and tradition. Doesn’t make Warren bad, Fort Frye is just that good.
Two really weak senior classes in a row tend to put you in that spot. This years especially. Everyone knew what this game would be, it’s not indicative of how good or bad we are. It shows how good Fort Frye is. I expect this will be a much better game over the next few years. We played our varsity most of the game, yes, but most of those kids are JV players in other programs so it was actually age appropriate football. Not an excuse, just a fact. Good luck to FF, I’d like to see a Marion Local or Kirtland matchup in the playoffs.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Impressed by FF and disappointed in Warren just the same. Just shows how far Warren has to go to be the best in Washington County. And as big a school as it is, they absolutely should be. Fort Frye man handled Warren up front on both sides of the ball. Taylor ran for his life all night, and someone needs to put stickem on the Warren recievers hands.. Warren just needs to get more physical

Muskie740
Waterboy

Post by Muskie740 »

Anyone know why the JV game between FF and Warren scheduled for Monday was canceled?

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Muskie740 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:48 pm Anyone know why the JV game between FF and Warren scheduled for Monday was canceled?
See above. Warren doesn’t have a JV. They all play varsity.

Muskie740
Waterboy

Post by Muskie740 »

Looked like over 40 kids dressed for Warren last night. All 40 certainly did not play last night. Seems like valuable game reps for some who didn't.

Return to “Football”