Portsmouth West 14 - 7 Wheelersburg 2022 SOC Championship

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Forget Week 9 for the soc . West vs Wheelersburg for the gold ball

Post by Westfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:47 pm I still don’t know why they don’t go to a full house backfield with Glover, Warren and D. Lattimore and keep E. Lattimore split out and put him in motion for a possible jet sweep and then run behind that line. Mix in a pass every now and then to the TE, Caleb Arthur and I think they become a very dangerous team. It’s crazy how often Arthur breaks free wide open and Jones day rent see him.
Maybe because that’s an illegal formation?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Westfan wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:45 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:47 pm I still don’t know why they don’t go to a full house backfield with Glover, Warren and D. Lattimore and keep E. Lattimore split out and put him in motion for a possible jet sweep and then run behind that line. Mix in a pass every now and then to the TE, Caleb Arthur and I think they become a very dangerous team. It’s crazy how often Arthur breaks free wide open and Jones day rent see him.

Then put a combination of any two of them in the backfield. Bottom line Burg just needs to ground and pound the ball until anyone can stop them.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:06 am

Then put a combination of any two of them in the backfield. Bottom line Burg just needs to ground and pound the ball until anyone can stop them.
Agree. That’s what we do. You know what’s coming ahead of time but can you stop it?

6O HORN3TS 🐝
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Re: WK10 Gold Ball Special West vs Wheelersburg

Post by The Nature Boy »

Ironton used to win a lot of ballgames doing that. By the start of the 4th quarter your will wasn't there anymore after getting pounded for 3 quarters.
It's good to see West getting some pride back in the Side. Their stadium is nice and the team has done well this year. Although, the Burg has played a lot of different style teams this year so I believe they will be ready for Friday. Should be a good ballgame in Southern Ohio..No prediction because I feel like this is one of those games that can turn the corner for either team before playoff time. And on another note I believe Joe Eitel shows even with Burg winning out they may not finish any higher than fifth.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I may be reading that wrong. A lot can happen above them plus the outcome of their own game. I guess I just was going off of max win avg.

cm57smits
Waterboy

Post by cm57smits »

Does West stream their games?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:05 am I may be reading that wrong. A lot can happen above them plus the outcome of their own game. I guess I just was going off of max win avg.
Drew Pasteur predicts the same thing. Barnesvile could get upset and change it. Centerburg has a chance of getting upset. Of course this means nothing if burg doesn’t beat west

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Why is illegal??

The wishbone has a FB behind the QB and the two HB’s behind the FB. Perfectly legal.

Dragon551990
Waterboy

Post by Dragon551990 »

Good luck Siders! Dragons are pulling for you!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:27 pm

Why is illegal??

The wishbone has a FB behind the QB and the two HB’s behind the FB. Perfectly legal.
When you put him in motion, you have 5 men in the backfield

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Why is illegal??

Because you had Lattimore off the line, so that would give you the QB-3-RBs-WR off the ball that's not enough guys on the line of scrimmage.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Does any one have the answer to wither West streams there games?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

callie15 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:36 pm Does any one have the answer to wither West streams there games?
Yes their should be a link on the Portsmouth west high school Facebook page

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have no prediction on who I think will win, as I have a lot of respect for both teams. With the playoffs looming for both, I just hope that it's a very good ballgame. I also hope for an injury free game for both teams.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:39 pm

Why is illegal??

Because you had Lattimore off the line, so that would give you the QB-3-RBs-WR off the ball that's not enough guys on the line of scrimmage.
:lol: YABBA DABBAAAAA DOOOOOOO

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

really excited for this one, can't wait to see West's new field. I like Burg by 3 scores, no messing around this week like we did vs Valley. The coaches and kids were both totally looking past them to this week, who can blame them. Run the ball, Run the ball, Run the ball. Pepper in some play action. Burg will have their way. This is essentially round 1 of the playoffs. SOC on the line, go get it boys.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Why is illegal??

OKay, don't start E. Lattimore in motion and run it that way. That should cover it!! :D :D :D

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:37 pm

Why is illegal??

OKay, don't start E. Lattimore in motion and run it that way. That should cover it!! :D :D :D
You can do that, just have him play on the line tight to the formation essentially you're giving it to him on a sweep and letting all 3 backs lead the way or you can fake a dive and have 1 or 2 lead the way on the end around.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:52 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:37 pm

You can do that, just have him play on the line tight to the formation essentially you're giving it to him on a sweep and letting all 3 backs lead the way or you can fake a dive and have 1 or 2 lead the way on the end around.

Burg would be hard to stop if they did that. Never knowing who was getting the ball.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I think this game will mirror last year’s week 11 matchup.
I’m taking Burg because of player depth and coaching adjustments.
Should be a great game to watch!

WWE HALL OF FAME

Return to “Football”