vladimir
S

Re: WK10 Gold Ball Special West vs Wheelersburg

Post by vladimir »

Congrats to West Portsmouth on the SOCII Championship

West 14
W'burg 7

Final

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

Does anyone think either of these teams have a chance vs Ironton? Wish they both did but I doubt it unfortunately

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Congrats west that’s awesome.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats siders

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to West on the big win and the SOC Championship. After the way the Pirates took that first possession right down the field and scored I thought Burg would be able to score at will. West controlled the Burg from that point on.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg giving up Hail Mary touchdown pass as time expired in first half flipped game. One of those things that just shouldn’t happen. West lined up in 2nd half and chewed clock with running game. Congrats to West on win and SOC II championship.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Like look at yabba after losing to a team with a significantly lower CB than Burg

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

reds4life wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:09 pm Does anyone think either of these teams have a chance vs Ironton? Wish they both did but I doubt it unfortunately
I do. Ironton definitely the favorite against either, but turnovers/penalties like last year could get Ironton beat by either of these teams.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

West you got to fix your exits lol. It’s a cluster out here

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:14 pm Burg giving up Hail Mary touchdown pass as time expired in first half flipped game. One of those things that just shouldn’t happen. West lined up in 2nd half and chewed clock with running game. Congrats to West on win and SOC II championship.*
Burg was still up 7-6 after that going into the half, and I believe got the football to start the second half. In the 3rd, West put together a 16-yard drive and got the 2-point conversion to make it 14-7. Then West started chewing the clock after burg went 3-n-out after throwing three deep balls to end the 3r.d-quarter.

Burg went away from the ground and pound and started throwing the ball more in the second half. The screens were working, and the backs were running hard between the tackles and making 1st downs. No idea why W'burg started to feel they had to throw the ball deep in the 3rd quarter, it was like they panicked b'c they were down by only 1-score. West outplayed and out-coached burg tonight.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Neither one of these teams or Ironton will give prep a game

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Fun fact: this is the first time West has beat Burg at home since 2008. They also won 14-7 that night.

Hampshire
JV Team

Post by Hampshire »

First win against Wheelersburg since 2011 (last game at the grass field Ed Miller Stadium).

First win against Wheelersburg at Home since 2008.

First SOC since 2008.

Top 4 seed watch:
Centerburg was crushing Fredericksburg. (Want Fred to win)
Union Local and Barnesville were in a close game in the 4th. (Want Union Local to win)

Update:
Barnesville won. Looks like #5 seed for West.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:33 pm West can’t stop Burgs pass rush and their QB needs the time and on D Burgs O line will dominate. Sissel is a beast but just won’t be enough. Burg by 3 scores.
I’ll admit I was wrong about Sissel…he was enough!!!! QB was exposed! Good job West!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

What a win not only for those boys but the whole West Side tonight. It had been so long that people had forgot what it’s like.

I kept my mouth shut for the most part when people started comparing scores of common opponents. I knew we could do it, and more importantly the players believed it. After the first drive I was worried. Idk what happened after that, but we stuffed the run. I’m not sure I would have shyed away from it to the extent they did though. The QB play is rough.

2008 was the last time we beat the pirates at The Rock. In a similar 14-7 game. It’s playoff time and obviously I hope we get on a roll, but this one means more. Go Siders. We are all so proud

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wow

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:34 pm Neither one of these teams or Ironton will give prep a game
No one cares about that tonight

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:24 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:14 pm Burg giving up Hail Mary touchdown pass as time expired in first half flipped game. One of those things that just shouldn’t happen. West lined up in 2nd half and chewed clock with running game. Congrats to West on win and SOC II championship.*
Burg was still up 7-6 after that going into the half, and I believe got the football to start the second half. In the 3rd, West put together a 16-yard drive and got the 2-point conversion to make it 14-7. Then West started chewing the clock after burg went 3-n-out after throwing three deep balls to end the 3r.d-quarter.

Burg went away from the ground and pound and started throwing the ball more in the second half. The screens were working, and the backs were running hard between the tackles and making 1st downs. No idea why W'burg started to feel they had to throw the ball deep in the 3rd quarter, it was like they panicked b'c they were down by only 1-score. West outplayed and out-coached burg tonight.
Agreed on the drive at end of 3rd quarter for Burg starting at midfield. They were only down 1 score and they change quarterbacks and throw 3 straight incompletions and punt. Way too much time left at that point to abandon the run. But you gotta give credit to West. Their defense brought it all night.*

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Congratulations Siders and good job Todd!

Return to “Football”