Eastern Meigs 34 - 6 Shadyside 2022 Playoffs

mattash
Site Admin

Eastern Meigs 34 - 6 Shadyside 2022 Playoffs

Post by mattash »

Thoughts? Usually shady is a juggernaut in r27 but they seem down this year. Eastern have a shot?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Re: Playoffs Shadyside @ Eastern Meigs

Post by Bunker Hill »

Shadyside is down after a decade of exceptional teams , fully realizing how horrible in general this Region is they should not be considered a push over, two year starter at QB and a 6’5 receiver that does it all they can keep it close . The glaring weakness for Shadyside is penalty after penalty after penalty, last week they had 22 .

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Bunker Hill wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:31 pm Shadyside is down after a decade of exceptional teams , fully realizing how horrible in general this Region is they should not be considered a push over, two year starter at QB and a 6’5 receiver that does it all they can keep it close . The glaring weakness for Shadyside is penalty after penalty after penalty, last week they had 22 .
I saw that they came from behind to win that game over Monroe Central 34-28. Gosh, 22 penalties, that's a lot of yellow flags. Were they mostly offensive penalties, or were they pretty well split up?

Twisted1
Waterboy

Post by Twisted1 »

They also had over 20 penalties against bridgeport with multiple personnel fouls and 1 kid getting kicked out of the game.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Shadyside has been a dumpster fire since the season started. Head coach resigned very early in the season and took some assistance coaches with him. Many side issues also going on . Plus low numbers and young players.... After saying all of this I believe shadyside still is capable of winning this game.

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

Went to the game. Nice showing by the Eagles. I was surprised to hear that the one RB passed 1000 yards in his sophomore year. Dont remember hearing his name last season. was the old staff to busy catering to an older player to notice this kid?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Twisted1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:55 am They also had over 20 penalties against bridgeport with multiple personnel fouls and 1 kid getting kicked out of the game.
And here's more to this story. Not really sure if anything else needs to be added to put this situation into "context". Pretty much speaks for itself. To get 42 penalties in the last two games of the regular season, well....

https://www.timesleaderonline.com/news/ ... 9cfAv9OyBA

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Destroyer96
Waterboy

Post by Destroyer96 »

An assistant wanted the job and succeeded with the help of a family member on the BOE. The coaches are a disaster and the kids are out of control.

Dirtiest, most penalized team you will ever play. Get ahead of them early and they’ll get dirtier. The crap their parents yell from the stands is pretty disgusting too.

They only have two offensive threats, the QB and WR 7. The WR will probably get ejected from this game. Pretty sure he was last week.

They are little and cannot stop a team with any size from running. They have one kid north of 200lbs. Run on them all night long. They are not physically able to stop running teams.

They will probably throw it every play if Eastern has any size. Throw to 7 or QB run is their only threats.

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

Saw Shadyside play Bellaire and really I saw nothing that would be considered “ dirty” or unnecessary, maybe when you are getting beat by 40 it takes that style of play away. Didn’t hear anything from the fans either , I guess when you only bring about 50-75 fans ( no exaggeration) you are silent . Shadyside Fans have always loved and followed their teams , boys and girls , really shocked on had many were at Bellaire only three miles away . Seating at Eastern will not be a problem !

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The other problem in Tigertown is some lady in a golf cart kept cheerleading for the interim staff to get sh*t-canned mid-season and the old coach brought back immediately.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Steely Dan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:45 am
Twisted1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:55 am They also had over 20 penalties against bridgeport with multiple personnel fouls and 1 kid getting kicked out of the game.
And here's more to this story. Not really sure if anything else needs to be added to put this situation into "context". Pretty much speaks for itself. To get 42 penalties in the last two games of the regular season, well....

Don't know a whole lot about the Eastern program at all, but I do have a lot of friends and a lot of people from Meigs county that I have worked with. Shadyside just may get by with that type of behavior with some of the schools up in their area of the State, but for some reason, I just don't see the Meigs county kids taking to that type of play. The important thing first for Eastern is to win the game. I would hope that Shadyside would be a little wiser, and tread a little softer.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Eastern will be just fine. The physicality of the Eagles will take all the extra energy out of the Shady players. They’ll have little interest I’m betting in any extra curricular actions after getting curb stomped during the first quarter or so. Nothing like getting your peewee knocked into the dirt a few times to take the cheap shottin outta ya. Then the route will be on.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
High Fade
Waterboy

Post by High Fade »

Have a feeling this game will be closer than many predict.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

:D
VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:32 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:45 am

Don't know a whole lot about the Eastern program at all, but I do have a lot of friends and a lot of people from Meigs county that I have worked with. Shadyside just may get by with that type of behavior with some of the schools up in their area of the State, but for some reason, I just don't see the Meigs county kids taking to that type of play. The important thing first for Eastern is to win the game. I would hope that Shadyside would be a little wiser, and tread a little softer.
They got penalized 20 times, and a player got ejected. I'm wondering what they "got by with?"

Down in the valley
Waterboy

Post by Down in the valley »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:52 pm The other problem in Tigertown is some lady in a golf cart kept cheerleading for the interim staff to get sh*t-canned mid-season and the old coach brought back immediately.
Thats Shadyside Sue, she is a real trip with some of her posts. If #7 was the player ejected from the Monroe Central game, then he won't play against Eastern. Him and the QB are all SS has. Not the first time he has been ejected this season.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Game day. Here Kitty, Kitty. Shady gonna get bareassed tonight. 😬

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Eastern Meigs 34 - 6 Shadyside 2022 Playoffs

Post by mattash »

Eastern Meigs 34 - 6 Shadyside

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:48 pm Eastern Meigs 34 - 6 Shadyside
Congrats Eastern Meigs on a very convincing victory.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Good job eagles

Time to get number 27

Down in the valley
Waterboy

Post by Down in the valley »

Did SS #7 play? Curious since he was thrown out of the MC game the previous week. He's been ejected from 2 games and had to sit the first half of another.

Return to “Football”