River 49 - 6 Miller 2022 Playoffs

Tomcat22
Waterboy

Re: Playoffs Miller @ River

Post by Tomcat22 »

fortdawg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:30 pm Falcons, ignore all the Negative Nelly's and posers on here and congratulations on your playoff appearance.
Good Luck!
This site is not really a sports message board, it’s full of “posers”. I congratulate The Falcons on a successful season. There are teams that won’t be playing this week and The Falcons are, good luck and stay healthy.

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

fortdawg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:30 pm Falcons, ignore all the Negative Nelly's and posers on here and congratulations on your playoff appearance.
Good Luck!
I am a big guy too. If it doesnt work out with Phil maybe you and I could "meet for coffee".

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Tomcat22 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:06 pm
Good Luck!
This site is not really a sports message board, it’s full of “posers”. I congratulate The Falcons on a successful season. There are teams that won’t be playing this week and The Falcons are, good luck and stay healthy.
Just be glad your wee cats didn’t get in. That would have been a long ride home from Fort Frye after the bareassing they would have given you.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

hahaahah. I see you didn't look projecting up.
Ask one of the smart kids in homeroom.
You should tread carefully here or I'll say that word you are really afraid of....you know it starts with a W and ends with a D. :)

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Chuck Sheetz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:03 pm
Good Luck!
I am a big guy too. If it doesnt work out with Phil maybe you and I could "meet for coffee".
hahaahaha. Don't they have dating sites you could use?
Are you banned from them so you are forced to go on here?
I get you were probably really excited typing your proposal but this is how you spell doesn't and not "doesnt".
If you don't believe me ask your homeroom teacher. :lol:

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

fortdawg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:21 pm hahaahah. I see you didn't look projecting up.
You should tread carefully here or I'll say that word you are really afraid of....you know it starts with a W and ends with a D. :)
I actually thought you might be at least slightly less dumb than you appear to be. But you just proved that to be an inaccurate assumption. Your vocabulary isn’t too strong. You should forget about the “big words” girl. Leave those to Phil. Stick to those words you must be scared of. The ones that start with most of the teams your team played. And sorry your butt’s still aching about the bareassing the Eagles and Wildcats put on your crush Phil’s team. Maybe he can soothe your aching and get you to stop “projecting.” There, I hit that exposed nerve again didn’t I. 😂

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:35 pm
fortdawg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:21 pm hahaahah. I see you didn't look projecting up.
I actually thought you might be at least slightly less dumb than you appear to be. But you just proved that to be an inaccurate assumption. Your vocabulary isn’t too strong. You should forget about the “big words” girl. Leave those to Phil. Stick to those words you must be scared of. The ones that start with most of the teams your team played. And sorry your butt’s still aching about the bareassing the Eagles and Wildcats put on your crush Phil’s team. Maybe he can soothe your aching and get you to stop “projecting.” There, I hit that exposed nerve again didn’t I. 😂
All right but you asked for it...."Waterford". hahahaahaha
It will be all right once you get over the shock.
Your buddies at school tomorrow will make it all better. :lol:
Don't try to deny that you are still in the pimple age because I refuse to believe an adult would highjack a thread congratulating a team and its coaches for making the playoffs to make Fart Jokes and Homophobic references.
I'm guessing 7th grade.
Am I close? :lol:

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

fortdawg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:30 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:35 pm
All right but you asked for it...."Waterford". hahahaahaha
It will be all right once you get over the shock.
Your buddies at school tomorrow will make it all better. :lol:
Don't try to deny that you are still in the pimple age because I refuse to believe an adult would highjack a thread congratulating a team and its coaches for making the playoffs to make Fart Jokes and Homophobic references.
I'm guessing 7th grade.
Am I close? :lol:
Homophobic? You are that dumb aren’t you.

No worries, we’ll still let you come and watch us play while your team sits home. Be Sure to bring your crush Phil with you and he can play vocabulary games with you and help you learn the big words. But you up late young lady better get your beauty rest. With a name like Fartdawg my guess is you desperately need it. 🤣

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Michigan n Trumbull wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:11 am
Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:33 am
fortdawg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:27 pm The Mighty Falcons make their 3rd trip to the playoffs.
Let's hope they get the school's first victory.
Did you get a date with Phil yet? Be brave! Go ask him.
I believe he is free this Friday night....
Rarely is he free on Fridays this time of year, but this year is an exception, unfortunately. Lol.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Tough matchup for Miller. Folks down 13 not to far from yans are hoping for the best. We’re pulling for ya! Go Falcons!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Miller lost to Frontier, Frontier got smoked by River 70-0. Running clock early second qtr.

Down in the valley
Waterboy

Post by Down in the valley »

How bad the final score is will depend on how long River's coach keeps his starters in. They just put 70 up on Frontier.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Papster wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:52 pm Fortdawg, you can’t be serious. Miller won three games, two against teams who went O-fer. They don’t deserve congratulations because they didn’t accomplish anything. As to the popularity of 16 teams per region I believe you will find there are more people who oppose it than support it.
I have no doubt that is a popular opinion among many but like I said there are people still disgruntled when they expanded it from only taking the top two.
I think (this is my opinion) that those who are complaining about the increase to 16 are missing the point.
Will Miller win the state?
I'm pretty sure that won't happen but I can speak from experience to the fact they are in happy in Falconland on making the playoffs for the first time in decades.
What is gained by taking that away from the kids, coaches, and community?
How many teams are in with losing records; without a victory over a team with a winning record; or a dozen other criteria if you want to limit the number participating?
If you want to carry out your argument to its logical conclusion then only the two teams that play for the title really deserved to go.
I do question your statement about the number of people opposing this set up.
I could be persuaded I'm wrong if you can point out to me a large number (I haven''t heard of any) of teams in the 9 thru 16 hole who refused to accept the invitation to play.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Everyone gets a trophy! Making the playoffs doesn’t mean a whole lot if everybody makes the playoffs. Div. VII region 27 has 22 teams. Everyone made it except two 0’fer teams, two 1 win teams, and two 2 win teams.
The playoffs are supposed to be a reward for a good season, not because you weren’t as bad as the last 6 teams (with a combined 6 wins on the season) of 22.
The ones that get hurt are the basketball coaches and players losing out on a week of conditioning and practice with a chance of Players getting hurt when you have little to no chance of winning the playoff game.
I think the 8 team region was sufficient.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Fanatic wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:02 pm Everyone gets a trophy! Making the playoffs doesn’t mean a whole lot if everybody makes the playoffs. Div. VII region 27 has 22 teams. Everyone made it except two 0’fer teams, two 1 win teams, and two 2 win teams.
The playoffs are supposed to be a reward for a good season, not because you weren’t as bad as the last 6 teams (with a combined 6 wins on the season) of 22.
The ones that get hurt are the basketball coaches and players losing out on a week of conditioning and practice with a chance of Players getting hurt when you have little to no chance of winning the playoff game.
Another biased football hating basketball person I see. Good gawd let’s don’t “hurt” those basketball coaches. I know Howdee is elated that Thimble didn’t make the playoffs. Maybe he can win the state now. Too bad the Miller basketball coach is getting “hurt” by this. He probably could have won the state too. Thanks for revealing your real reason for hating the expansion. 😂

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

I see what your saying, I guess with Easterns basketball record the last two years, (2-30 or so), I would try to put it off as long as possible too.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Fanatic wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:38 am I see what your saying, I guess with Easterns basketball record the last two years, (2-30 or so), I would try to put it off as long as possible too.
Yes and that’s what I heard was main reason the OHSAA wanted the expansion too was to delay basketball season. They apparently don’t like basketball coaches and want to “hurt” them so I can understand why you’re all butt hurt about it. 😂

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Fanatic wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:02 pm Everyone gets a trophy! Making the playoffs doesn’t mean a whole lot if everybody makes the playoffs. Div. VII region 27 has 22 teams. Everyone made it except two 0’fer teams, two 1 win teams, and two 2 win teams.
Basketball lets every team compete for the state championship.
Do you want to limit that to only having the top 8 teams in a region (using the same metrics as football)?
Today if you are the one seed in a basketball Sectional you play the worst (or the winner of the two worst records) for your championship.
Do you consider that a participation trophy?
If you want to do it like football used to we could skip all those poor teams (who you claim don't deserve a reward) and go right to a District bracket of 8 teams.
Something tells me you won't favor that. :)

Papster
Waterboy

Post by Papster »

Football vs. basketball is like comparing apples to oranges. Football is a collision sport unlike any other high school sport. Basketball games can be played on back to back days something you will never see in football. Football is unique and should be handled as such. Miller will be pummeled on the field and on the scoreboard tomorrow night. Nobody will benefit from the arse whipping Miller will experience. Fortdawg, you can continue to remain delusional about Miller and their playoff appearance but they simply do not belong.Miller making the playoffs is somewhere between an embarrassment and a joke.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Its a darn shame the River guys only get three games to punch down on their playoff opponents.

Return to “Football”