Union Local 26 - 28 Portsmouth 2022 Playoffs

Pinwheel
JV Team

Re: Region 19 #9 Portsmouth @ #8 Belmont Union Local

Post by Pinwheel »

Portsmouth could easily be 8 and 2 had it not been for 2 short kicks blowing games against Spring Valley and Gallia, with under a minute on the clock , and sitting home with possibly 2 home games but that's another story .

Don't look for many Portsmouth to make this trip other then a few parents

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

LONG DRIVE!

Ground the Jets with those hard hitting backs, on both sides of the ball.

I bought the OHSAA video coverage of the game & until the IronTon FighTing Tigers took control, the announcers spoke very highly of PHS QB, Running backs, & how hard hitting they were.

PortsMouth is s solid squad, but my limited viewing time of the TroJans, of this smash up with IronTon & the last 5mins at Coal Grove left me wondering why certain players were not getting the ball &/or in wrong positions for their abilities.

Coach needs some tweaking & designed plays, utilizing the QB & the quick & powerful FB & RB, & PHS Will advance.

I think PortsMouth will rep THE OVC WELL IN D5!!!

Good Luck Trojans!!!

#GoTgo

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:07 am Union Local RB Price seems to be the real deal. He is the schools single season rushing leader, single season touchdown leader and the career rushing leader.
Actually the other RB McCrate is considered better , missed all season up to now with knee injury , last season 1,500 plus yards 10 TD.

Price will be All Ohio this season make no mistake about that . About 210 runs with power , McCrate about 185 but exceptionally fast State Qualifier in track .

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:47 pm LONG DRIVE!

Ground the Jets with those hard hitting backs, on both sides of the ball.

I bought the OHSAA video coverage of the game & until the IronTon FighTing Tigers took control, the announcers spoke very highly of PHS QB, Running backs, & how hard hitting they were.

PortsMouth is s solid squad, but my limited viewing time of the TroJans, of this smash up with IronTon & the last 5mins at Coal Grove left me wondering why certain players were not getting the ball &/or in wrong positions for their abilities.

Coach needs some tweaking & designed plays, utilizing the QB & the quick & powerful FB & RB, & PHS Will advance.

I think PortsMouth will rep THE OVC WELL IN D5!!!

Good Luck Trojans!!!

#GoTgo

You nailed most of it , unfortunately their Will not be no tweaking with Portsmouth, we've been seeing the same thing all year especially in the RB position, one of the coaches son is starting there and not near as good as the number 2 running back.

The boy Graduates next year and the Dad will quit coaching. Again

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Still debating on if I’m going to go to this one. Doesn’t appear to be a great drive, 3+ hours is a long drive. Don’t think there’s a stream of this one though. So if I don’t go I don’t watch. Lol

Who Dey!
MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

I'll be heading up. Why not ?!

TGINFF
Waterboy

Post by TGINFF »

Union Local games are usually on the NFHS Network. This year they haven't had announcers, but the games have still been on there. I forget how much you have to pay for one game.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Trojans!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Best of luck to the Trojans in their playoff game against Belmont Union Local.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

What is Portsmouth’s record? Did you say it was a losing one? Ranked 9th you say? What a huge disgrace for Ohio high school football. Playoff games mean nothing. You didn’t earn it.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:01 pm What is Portsmouth’s record? Did you say it was a losing one? Ranked 9th you say? What a huge disgrace for Ohio high school football. Playoff games mean nothing. You didn’t earn it.

You must really hate the number 16 ranked teams making it LMAO 🤣🤣🤣

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:01 pm What is Portsmouth’s record? Did you say it was a losing one? Ranked 9th you say? What a huge disgrace for Ohio high school football. Playoff games mean nothing. You didn’t earn it.
Nobody literally nobody said it was a losing record because…it’s not lmao. 6-4 is above .500 last time I looked. There’s a ton of trolls on here but at least make it funny, make it make sense?

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:35 am
Nobody literally nobody said it was a losing record because…it’s not lmao. 6-4 is above .500 last time I looked. There’s a ton of trolls on here but at least make it funny, make it make sense?
Did WHO say it was a losing one..?
A sphincter says what ??

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Better be ready for the QB. RB will get his touches and he will run hard but the QB is bigger and can really hurt you! 709 yards and 15 TD on the ground for QB.

Zone6_11Warriors
Waterboy

Post by Zone6_11Warriors »

If Portsmouth can't get stops they will lose. Portsmouth is not very physical, Pendleton needs to touch the ball more and so does Truitt. Portsmouth can't always depend on out scoring opponents. When you play good teams, your defense needs to step up.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Zone6_11Warriors wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:38 am If Portsmouth can't get stops they will lose. Portsmouth is not very physical, Pendleton needs to touch the ball more and so does Truitt. Portsmouth can't always depend on out scoring opponents. When you play good teams, your defense needs to step up.
Couldn't agree more on those two getting the ball more than they do. Im all for spreading the wealth, but when the ball is in their hands stuff just happens.. so let it happen lol

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I actually think the run defense for Portsmouth has improved as the season has progressed. Boren has really stepped up his game. He, Poxes & Runyon have all played well. Some big kids in the middle.

thebestever1
Waterboy

Post by thebestever1 »

Making the 3 hour trip which hopefully it will be the worst part about the night. PHS matches up well with the Jets and it should be a great game. D line needs to show up trying to stop an All State caliber RB. Hopefully Truett gets some more touches at RB because he’s hard to stop. Averaging 6 yds to 3 yds a run is a big difference and I think the coaching staff needs to see that. Expect a big game from Duncan and Pendleton as well. Pendleton needs to get the ball more (obviously teams will key him) and when he’s in space and on a roll, it’s a long night for whoever is guarding him. Go Trojans!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

thebestever1 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:29 pm Making the 3 hour trip which hopefully it will be the worst part about the night. PHS matches up well with the Jets and it should be a great game. D line needs to show up trying to stop an All State caliber RB. Hopefully Truett gets some more touches at RB because he’s hard to stop. Averaging 6 yds to 3 yds a run is a big difference and I think the coaching staff needs to see that. Expect a big game from Duncan and Pendleton as well. Pendleton needs to get the ball more (obviously teams will key him) and when he’s in space and on a roll, it’s a long night for whoever is guarding him. Go Trojans!
Agree with most of what you said. Except the part about 3 yards per carry….maybe you’re being generous there. Lol

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:39 pm
thebestever1 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:29 pm Making the 3 hour trip which hopefully it will be the worst part about the night. PHS matches up well with the Jets and it should be a great game. D line needs to show up trying to stop an All State caliber RB. Hopefully Truett gets some more touches at RB because he’s hard to stop. Averaging 6 yds to 3 yds a run is a big difference and I think the coaching staff needs to see that. Expect a big game from Duncan and Pendleton as well. Pendleton needs to get the ball more (obviously teams will key him) and when he’s in space and on a roll, it’s a long night for whoever is guarding him. Go Trojans!
Agree with most of what you said. Except the part about 3 yards per carry….maybe you’re being generous there. Lol

He's is definitely being nice .

I do agree about the run Defense being improved like he said and would add Noah Livingston as one having a pretty good year.

Our pass defense is what's bad ,I know Duncan does not have much time but I don't think our corners ever turn around to play the ball

Return to “Football”