Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by I-TownFanatic »

West getting knocked out

can't stop a moving train

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Meet Mr. Carter

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Carpenter going deep on them Siders

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Mr. Wisconsin

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Nasty Natti

Who can guard him?

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Bob Lutz Train running right through dem Siders

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I'm going out on a limb and saying West pulls off the upset. Another year of disappointment and crying for the Tigers.

West 27
Ironton 21

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I’m sure the Pendelton’s wanted this game and will have the team ready. Ironton has seen better competition from teams better than west (JC & Jackson). Looking at wests schedule the waverly and close game vs minford is a head scratcher. The Tigers will finally be 100% healthy next week and I can see it being 42-14 Tigers

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Round 3. Ironton v West

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:00 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:32 pm IHS on a trajectory to give R19 FITS.

Came out and unrolled the old coach Lutz playbook.
Ran
Ran
Ran
THEN went to a hybrid mix & did as they wished without penalties.

Passed & ran & therefore gave the West Def coach a ton to think about

I
M
P
R
E
S
S
I
V
E

IRON!!!!

Tigers will be ready to roar.

My guess is West is going to watch film from the Burg-Ironton and Jackson-Ironton games because that was the two closest games Ironton had all year.

Ironton goes in thinking they are going to destroy West might be in for a rude awakening. Anyone remember what happened in this week for Ironton last year?? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I sure hope so!
That Tiger team doesn’t exist any longer.

This edition of IHS FB THAT coach PenTon has developed had so many new threats, that any on offense can be a threat for 6 points each series.

They Finally opened the playbook from the Lutz era, opening with the wishbone & Keyes gutted P-Town on the second play via a deep run to set up the first TD on 3rd play of first series.

Three straight TD’s in 2-3 plays first 3-possessions, & then Coach & Carpenter & Crew opened up the aerial attack for the next 20+ points.

Finally, the mix of offense is in balance at right time & the quick, VERY QUICK D letting very little materialize for opponents.

Penalties cleaned up too!!!!

Just gotta heal up a-few dinged up 1’s & they All Rested after HT KICKOFF the rest of the game tonight, while IHS 2’s & 3’s held PHS 1-s to 1-TD.!!!

So much balance this year & it's apparent & diffuct to dispute. FILM PROVES IT…

BUT, there is still more to come!!!

PW is no joke either & i think will be IHS toughest test since Jackson & JohnSon Central KY.

Still,a COMPLETELY DIFF IHS team has emerged since the FairLand Debaucle & i think the tigers are well prepared for a very talented West Squad & ABSOLUTELY NO IronTon:

FAN
PLAYER
OR
COACH

WILL EVER overlook WEST!

This is not the same team in round 3 last year where they were still struggling without starting QB & also many deeply injured starters that exited post season prematurely, in some eyes, but NOT to those of us who saw no pivotal turnaround like this year…

Good Luck & Health To PwHs &

THE

IronTon FighTing Tigers!!!

IMPRESSIVE!!!!

#GoTgo

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Where will this game be played? It’ll probably be Portsmouth, but I wish it would be played at Valley. I’ve never understood whyValley doesn’t host neutral site playoff games. I don’t think they have since they’ve had their new stadium. I know they’ve held home playoff games that they were participating in. You think they’d want to extra money from a big playoff game to help foot the bill of that lovely new weight room/indoor practice facility.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

Ironton 28-14

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: Round 3. Ironton v West

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:15 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:00 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:32 pm IHS on a trajectory to give R19 FITS.

Came out and unrolled the old coach Lutz playbook.
Ran
Ran
Ran
THEN went to a hybrid mix & did as they wished without penalties.

Passed & ran & therefore gave the West Def coach a ton to think about

I
M
P
R
E
S
S
I
V
E

IRON!!!!

Tigers will be ready to roar.

My guess is West is going to watch film from the Burg-Ironton and Jackson-Ironton games because that was the two closest games Ironton had all year.

Ironton goes in thinking they are going to destroy West might be in for a rude awakening. Anyone remember what happened in this week for Ironton last year?? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I sure hope so!
That Tiger team doesn’t exist any longer.

This edition of IHS FB THAT coach PenTon has developed had so many new threats, that any on offense can be a threat for 6 points each series.

They Finally opened the playbook from the Lutz era, opening with the wishbone & Keyes gutted P-Town on the second play via a deep run to set up the first TD on 3rd play of first series.

Three straight TD’s in 2-3 plays first 3-possessions, & then Coach & Carpenter & Crew opened up the aerial attack for the next 20+ points.

Finally, the mix of offense is in balance at right time & the quick, VERY QUICK D letting very little materialize for opponents.

Penalties cleaned up too!!!!

Just gotta heal up a-few dinged up 1’s & they All Rested after HT KICKOFF the rest of the game tonight, while IHS 2’s & 3’s held PHS 1-s to 1-TD.!!!

So much balance this year & it's apparent & diffuct to dispute. FILM PROVES IT…

BUT, there is still more to come!!!

PW is no joke either & i think will be IHS toughest test since Jackson & JohnSon Central KY.

Still,a COMPLETELY DIFF IHS team has emerged since the FairLand Debaucle & i think the tigers are well prepared for a very talented West Squad & ABSOLUTELY NO IronTon:

FAN
PLAYER
OR
COACH

WILL EVER overlook WEST!

This is not the same team in round 3 last year where they were still struggling without starting QB & also many deeply injured starters that exited post season prematurely, in some eyes, but NOT to those of us who saw no pivotal turnaround like this year…

Good Luck & Health To PwHs &

THE

IronTon FighTing Tigers!!!

IMPRESSIVE!!!!

#GoTgo
Didn't Ironton need a last second stop in the red zone to escape against Gallia? If Ironton isn't fully locked in, they'll be in for a nasty surprise in this one. I'm picking West with the upset 34-20

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

OVC Champion Ironton, vs SOC-2 Champion Portsmouth West, to face off in the Regional Semifinals. Hope for a great ballgame, and also an injury free game for both teams.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This could be an interesting game however, Ironton has something West struggles with and that' the pass, I think most are going to think run run run but I won't be surprised to see Ironton test that secondary. Sissel is going to get his biggest test to date and after going up against teams like JC and a back like Hall Ironton should be more than prepared for his style of running. Ironton 31, West 14

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West played tight last night.
All the pressure is on Ironton.
Play loose and let the chips fall where they may.
I believe in these guys.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If it’s run vs run, west will win. But Ironton has a passing attack. If that’s clicking, Ironton will advance.

Wests defense is very underrated. If they can defend the pass a little next week, west could still upset the tigers.

Edge to Ironton

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Ironton 35
West 13
Ironton’s offense is too versatile and the D is extremely fast.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

West knew what they were doing , West may lose, but they are better off without him.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:18 am This could be an interesting game however, Ironton has something West struggles with and that' the pass, I think most are going to think run run run but I won't be surprised to see Ironton test that secondary. Sissel is going to get his biggest test to date and after going up against teams like JC and a back like Hall Ironton should be more than prepared for his style of running. Ironton 31, West 14
I agree except for that I believe West does not struggle with the pass. Tipton has gotten a lot more targets which takes the weight off of Bishops shoulders, but I do believe Sissel will be the predominant force West uses against Ironton

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Could be a good game !

Return to “Football”