Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Re: Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

Post by irontonwizard »

This game will be a good one. Speed vs Speed.Athleticism vs Athleticism. Prep better be more disciplined than they were against Burg as well limit the turnovers. Go Tigers

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Saw HP beat a very good Bloom Carrol squad who is also playing In the region 11 regional final this HP team is very talented easily the best skill guys ironton has seen this season but I think Ironton can pound the ball and march up and down the field it will be interesting hope this game is played at chilli so I can come check this one out I’ll take Ironton close 24-21

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

irontonwizard wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:19 pm This game will be a good one. Speed vs Speed.Athleticism vs Athleticism. Prep better be more disciplined than they were against Burg as well limit the turnovers. Go Tigers

The Pinhead (pinwheel ) wizard strikes again!

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

35-21 Tigers

HP will get frustrated and it will result in penalties

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:42 pm
REDMEN95 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:39 pm
ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:34 pm Leave sooner for the kids! West band was there about 1 hour before Ironton band showed up.
No one to blame but the host school.

Portsmouth should have done better. I think the Ironton/HP game should be played at Rock Hill. We always have parking spots for band busses.
RH host for a Regional Championship? That should never be mentioned 😂

BigSpoon
JV Team

Re: #2 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep -V- # 1IronTon

Post by BigSpoon »

Pinwheel wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:29 pm
REDMEN95 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:31 am
ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:41 pm

Sadly the Ironton band was still late. But they sounded good when they finally got there.
The band was late due to the host school not saving a place for the busses to park. 😳

How many times has Ironton been to Portsmouth?? 😂

The same reserved parking for them is ALWAYS at the back gate where they just step off the bus , or the lot across the street from the front entrance. The Ironton people are saying they are always late don't show up 30 minutes for a game you know is going to be crowded
Give that band director a break! He’s was at Rock Hill for a few years and hes not used to getting things ready this late in football season! 😂😂

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:25 pm
BuckeyeBond wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:25 pm Waverly is the perfect spot for this game in all honesty. Harvest Prep will literally have like 10 fans at the game. Really it seems like only the kids team parents that show up. So Ironton will actually be able to take over both sides of the stadium.
Its sad that some of you equate the amount of fans we have has anything to do with how much we love our kids and coaches. HP has only had a football team since 1998 and had never made the playoffs until 9 years ago when Our current head coach was hired. Coach Smith has led every singe one of his teams to the playoffs way before just about everyone made it in regardless of your record like it is now. We are not a small town school that has the backing of Generations that played and graduated like you all do. Hopefully one day it will be that way but at any rate Keep making all the little jokes you want but it will never change our warrior pride! Oh by the way we had more than 10 team parents on a wet chilly night in NY. We know SEO will be there cheering for Ironton and that’s awesome and I hope the atmosphere is electric! Many have been looking forward to this match up, Hell I was kinda bummed we didn’t get a shot at Ironton last year TBH but Burg gave us a great game! I know we’re new to D5 and region 19 but we respect SEO and the brand of ball yawl have down there! Good luck Tigers and Go Warriors! #PrepProud

CB1E1151-BEB9-43DB-802D-BC7DC504C3E5.jpeg
That was only a 45min drive for HP and that all the fans that showed? Thats sad

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Doesn’t mean much, but these 2 schools have seen one another once already this year. They both participated in a 7 on 7 way back in the summer. I suppose it’s helpful in a sense that you not only have tape on them but you’ve physically played against their skill guys. So I’m sure Ironton is very aware of the speed HP has, and vice versa. I’ll take Ironton 35-29.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:25 pm Waverly is the perfect spot for this game in all honesty. Harvest Prep will literally have like 10 fans at the game. Really it seems like only the kids team parents that show up. So Ironton will actually be able to take over both sides of the stadium.
Its sad that some of you equate the amount of fans we have has anything to do with how much we love our kids and coaches. HP has only had a football team since 1998 and had never made the playoffs until 9 years ago when Our current head coach was hired. Coach Smith has led every singe one of his teams to the playoffs way before just about everyone made it in regardless of your record like it is now. We are not a small town school that has the backing of Generations that played and graduated like you all do. Hopefully one day it will be that way but at any rate Keep making all the little jokes you want but it will never change our warrior pride! Oh by the way we had more than 10 team parents on a wet chilly night in NY. We know SEO will be there cheering for Ironton and that’s awesome and I hope the atmosphere is electric! Many have been looking forward to this match up, Hell I was kinda bummed we didn’t get a shot at Ironton last year TBH but Burg gave us a great game! I know we’re new to D5 and region 19 but we respect SEO and the brand of ball yawl have down there! Good luck Tigers and Go Warriors! #PrepProud

You would think HP would have more fans regardless only having football since 98 or being in playoffs last 9 years.
High School Football is huge in all of Ohio and most community's support their local teams this includes the larger metropolitan areas.
If you have 45 kids on your rosters that's at lease 40 set of parents and family members that should be 150 fans there.
It's a pride thing in SE Ohio wanting to support your team maybe HP just being a private school is the reason they don't have the fan support I don't know but I don't think it's funny I think it's sad really.
Only 8 teams left in each division and one of them can't muster a 100 fans from the sound of it.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

fielddaddy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:57 am

You would think HP would have more fans regardless only having football since 98 or being in playoffs last 9 years.
High School Football is huge in all of Ohio and most community's support their local teams this includes the larger metropolitan areas.
If you have 45 kids on your rosters that's at lease 40 set of parents and family members that should be 150 fans there.
It's a pride thing in SE Ohio wanting to support your team maybe HP just being a private school is the reason they don't have the fan support I don't know but I don't think it's funny I think it's sad really.
Only 8 teams left in each division and one of them can't muster a 100 fans from the sound of it.

They were the same way in basketball. Barely had 30 fans at the games when Burg played them at the Convo a few years back. These private schools get no backing from other schools in the area like the schools around here do. Probably because they are taking most of the better kids away from the schools around them so therefore no support.

Can you imagine how many fans would have been at a Burg-Ironton rematch?

LongTime
Waterboy

Post by LongTime »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:51 am Doesn’t mean much, but these 2 schools have seen one another once already this year. They both participated in a 7 on 7 way back in the summer. I suppose it’s helpful in a sense that you not only have tape on them but you’ve physically played against their skill guys. So I’m sure Ironton is very aware of the speed HP has, and vice versa. I’ll take Ironton 35-29.
Agreed, don't think 7v7 means much from the summer. It will be a great game - contested by both teams w the best they've got. Harvest Prep knows how to play in the lopsided fan setting. That's all they ever known. Both coaches prepare and coached so well, this will be an excellent match up.

I was at a local Sunbelt Rental dealer in Cbus talking to the Manager. Some how we got on Harvest Prep Football. He didn't know a lot about Prep, besides he knew they were really good. He then says, "I'm waiting to see if they play Ironton, that's the game I want to go to." I've noticed that kind of comment in Columbus from total strangers. Now that might mean more ppl streaming the game versus driving to Waverly. But the Eastside of Columbus really showed up during the regular season at Harvest Prep home games. They just don't travel well, especially as it gets colder.l & tickets cost more. Also, when the playoffs started and the OHSAA tickets fees went in place, crowd went down. Harvest Prep always let kids and students in free until the playoffs. I remember the Bishop Hartley game, the Eastmoor game, etc stands full, fans lined down the fence. I know the team is very grateful for their fans and support. When there is so many HS teams in the city to support and your the smallest private school in the state - not really comparable fan wise to a small town team w only one HS. But Coach Smith has built a great program, taken Prep to levels not many thought possible in wins and developing young men. He will have them ready Friday in Waverly knowing it will be a true battle. GO #WARRIORS
20220930_191705.jpg
20220930_191705.jpg
Screenshot_20220920_230553.jpg
Screenshot_20220830-223511_Chrome.jpg

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

There’s frankly a handful of overstatements and willful misrepresentations of fact*reality on comparing attendance for HP vs Burg/other SEO places.

The state of HSFB attendance today is worse than 5-10-15-20 years ago across the entire state. The hobby of attending HS athletics events as a spectator with no ‘irons in the fire’, or even scant rooting interest, relies on a groundswell of people that are willing to burn ~3 hours of their dwindling free time, ~$12-15 (taking into account parking charges) of their leisure budget and immeasurable cost pertaining to their transportation (gas, but also depreciation*risk.) The problem is that groundswell of yesteryear most typically was a demographic of 40-65 year olds… fast forward to today — a lot of those guys have either become immobile (literally or figuratively) or have passed away. Today’s crop of HSFB veteran fandom? There’s less of them. It’s a hard tradition to be passed down because in raw dollar amounts the level of attendance frequency directly leads to higher expenses. And that’s before the impact of inflation and how far the dollar can go.

The Convo argument — OK. It’s a basketball arena that is warm, with games tipping off way earlier in the day. Not the same as HSFB in November where you’re leaving your house after sunset and sitting outside in <45 degree weather to watch one game. Your dollar invariably goes farther, with the personal value of going to the games maximized, going to the Convo. The Convo’s postseason slate has the novelty of those perks of convenience as well as being able to watch multiple games on one ticket.

Squaring these two factors up, and comparing HP vs SEO — why on God’s earth would neutral spectators from Columbus go to NY to watch HSFB in November when there’s games at Westerville Central and DeSales featuring bigger HSFB brands as well as more talent? Or, even a game at Lancaster featuring two schools that are closer and larger than the school’s we’re discussing? Now go to this week: hmmm… Waverly? Or Gahanna/New Albany at Historic Crew Stadium? Or BC/Watterson at DeSales? Like, the choice is clear.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Yeah. I agree on the east side matchups in the regular season. HP/Eastmoor, HP/Hartley, those are the kinds of games that can accrue large attendance numbers for obvious reasons. They’re nearby and are a few of the big brands in the HSFB universe of Columbus that isn’t OCC.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:13 am There’s frankly a handful of overstatements and willful misrepresentations of fact*reality on comparing attendance for HP vs Burg/other SEO places.

The state of HSFB attendance today is worse than 5-10-15-20 years ago across the entire state. The hobby of attending HS athletics events as a spectator with no ‘irons in the fire’, or even scant rooting interest, relies on a groundswell of people that are willing to burn ~3 hours of their dwindling free time, ~$12-15 (taking into account parking charges) of their leisure budget and immeasurable cost pertaining to their transportation (gas, but also depreciation*risk.) The problem is that groundswell of yesteryear most typically was a demographic of 40-65 year olds… fast forward to today — a lot of those guys have either become immobile (literally or figuratively) or have passed away. Today’s crop of HSFB veteran fandom? There’s less of them. It’s a hard tradition to be passed down because in raw dollar amounts the level of attendance frequency directly leads to higher expenses. And that’s before the impact of inflation and how far the dollar can go.

The Convo argument — OK. It’s a basketball arena that is warm, with games tipping off way earlier in the day. Not the same as HSFB in November where you’re leaving your house after sunset and sitting outside in <45 degree weather to watch one game. Your dollar invariably goes farther, with the personal value of going to the games maximized, going to the Convo. The Convo’s postseason slate has the novelty of those perks of convenience as well as being able to watch multiple games on one ticket.

Squaring these two factors up, and comparing HP vs SEO — why on God’s earth would neutral spectators from Columbus go to NY to watch HSFB in November when there’s games at Westerville Central and DeSales featuring bigger HSFB brands as well as more talent? Or, even a game at Lancaster featuring two schools that are closer and larger than the school’s we’re discussing? Now go to this week: hmmm… Waverly? Or Gahanna/New Albany at Historic Crew Stadium? Or BC/Watterson at DeSales? Like, the choice is clear.
Thank you so much 😂 I don’t think they understand that there are Probally close to 50 HIGH SCHOOLS IN COLUMBUS AND ITS SUBURBS 🤦🏾‍♂️ You think your better because you literally have one school in your town that the entire town comes to support 😂

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

[media][/media]
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:32 am

They were the same way in basketball. Barely had 30 fans at the games when Burg played them at the Convo a few years back. These private schools get no backing from other schools in the area like the schools around here do. Probably because they are taking most of the better kids away from the schools around them so therefore no support.

I know exactly how many fans would be at the Burg v Ironton rematch game….. ZERO BECAUSE PREP BEAT BURG 👋🏾
Last edited by HumbleAndHungry on Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:57 pm

I know exactly how many fans would be at the Burg v Ironton game….. ZERO BECAUSE PREP BEAT BURG 👋🏾

BOOM!!! That is brutal 😂

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:49 pm

I know exactly how many fans would be at the Burg v Ironton rematch game….. ZERO BECAUSE PREP BEAT BURG 👋🏾

BOOM!!! That is brutal 😂
😉

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I know exactly how many fans would be at the Burg v Ironton game….. ZERO BECAUSE PREP BEAT BURG 👋🏾

No -1 thinks HP is not good b/c of attendance. It’s just shocking to see such a small crowd for such a successful team when they play.

Yes, overall numbers have dwindled, but ive literally not missed 1-IHS GAME since i left for FL IN 1997.

To address your point about being labeling undisciplined, you should look at stats closer.

IHS has had penalty bug overdrive for the past 4-years.
Last 3-games much better though.

If the D you saw friday does not appear good to you, then you will win

They stopped ALL west tried & held one of the top 5 backs they’ve played all years and entire squad to minimal yards.

Still capable of much more any film will provide, IMO…

Good luck!
Attachments
77F23E13-A679-48DC-A093-05AB86550960.jpeg

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:53 pm

No -1 thinks HP is not good b/c of attendance. It’s just shocking to see such a small crowd for such a successful team when they play.

Yes, overall numbers have dwindled, but ive literally not missed 1-IHS GAME since i left for FL IN 1997.

To address your point about being labeling undisciplined, you should look at stats closer.

They stopped ALL west tried & held one of the top 5 backs they’ve played all years and entire squad to minimal yards.

Good luck!
There are around 50 High Schools in Columbus and it’s Suburbs. We are not a one school town.

If HP had 7 penalties for 85 yards you guys would definitely consider them undisciplined.

The defense was great Friday! I love how the play downhill esp #2 and #5. I just want to see what happens when they can’t load the box and pin their ears back and have to play in space.

Good luck

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:53 pm

Good luck!

Do you think Ironton will rush for over 100 yards and pass for over 200 vs HP ? Which do you think Ironton will have more success with, running or passing ?

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!

Return to “Football”