Player Spotlight/Interview with Dallas Cowboys fan Brady Woltz from Vinton County

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Player Spotlight/Interview with Dallas Cowboys fan Brady Woltz from Vinton County

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Brady Woltz

School Vinton County

Positions played DB, RB/WR

Class 2024

What is it like to play for Coach Carper?
Playing for a coach like coach carper is an amazing experience, especially playing db with his knowledge of the position and the game, he pushes us all to our very best and brings out the full potential of everybody that walks through the door.

What are the toughest parts of two-a-days?
The toughest part of practice is the mental aspect, knowing all of your assignments, where to be and when to be there, and giving 110% effort, as long as you do that everything else will fall together.

What goals have you set not only for yourself but for the team too?
Some personal goals I set for the upcoming season are to break the schools record for career interceptions, have a personal season high for tackles, and allow less than 5 completions on the season, some teams I have set for our team to accomplish is a 10-0 season, first TVC championship since 1999, and win a playoff game.

Vinton County went 6-5 overall. Two of those games I covered were the Meigs and East games. What is it going to take for you guys to improve on that record and avoid a first-round playoff loss this year?
To improve that record this season we are gonna have to keep our heads down the offseason, avoid distractions, and just work, we have great coaches that will put us in a position to win we just have to execute the game plan and play with relentless effort.

Do you believe another team from the SoutheastOhioPreps.com area can get on the same level as Ironton and Wheelersburg, along with what you think it will take to reach that level?
I think here soon Vinton County has a chance to emerge itself as a powerhouse program, Vinton County has a great youth football program that our high school team is very involved in and every year more and more kids are coming out to play, with Coach Carper’s leadership and the numbers of kids that are playing I think they could explode.

What is your opinion on the transfer rules in Ohio regarding high school football?
I think the transfer rules are pretty fair as they are, under certain circumstances there is a possibility for an exception from the half-season sit out but I think for the most part it’s a fair rule.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
16 teams making the playoffs from each region is a good number, in my opinion, it gives more football to watch from fans and possibly some more entertaining games.

Where do you feel the state finals should be held?
I think the state championship game should be held at the Ohio state university stadium, every kid in high school loves or loved the Buckeyes at some point and everybody would love to play there.

Where on the defensive side of the ball do you like playing the best, along with the reasons?
I love playing free safety and corner equally, playing safety you see the whole field and have an opportunity to make a play every snap of the ball, at corner it’s you versus one other person and I love those matchups.

During the off-season, what have you done to improve your play on the field this season?
This offseason I have hit the weight room very hard, my bench press has gone up 50 pounds my deadlift has gone up 95 pounds and my squat has gone up 80 pounds, I’ve also been working on my footwork and speed training.

If you mess up in practice or in the game, what does the coach say to you?
Every time I or anybody makes a mistake in a game or in practice coach always tells us what we did wrong and how to do it right and if we mess it up again next man in, our culture is very big on doing your job and if you can’t do it then the next guy up will.

Who has been the best player you have ever gone up against, along with what made him so good and the team he played for?
The best player I’ve ever gone up against is definitely my teammate Matt Hembree, he’s an amazing receiver and cornerback, he has great speed, footwork, and great instincts, easily the best player I’ve had to go against.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models to the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Definitely, the younger generation looks up to us all and we love it, we go and read to all the elementary schools and eat lunch with them and host youth football camps and the kids love it, that’s part of my motivation going into the season is to not let them down and bring home a TVC championship.

After the season is completed, are you hoping to get invited to play in one or two of the state-wide all-star games?
The more invites the better! If I only get one I’ll go to the one but if I get two I’ll go to both, but I am definitely hoping to get an invitation.

Have you heard from any schools about playing at the next level?
I have heard from a few coaches about playing at the next level and I’m frequently in contact with them letting them know what’s going on and sending film, I think there’s a good chance I play at the next level somewhere.

Where is the best spot in the area to grab a bite?
No doubt in my mind, the best place to get food in McArthur is Mama Renies!

Who is your all-time favorite athlete?
My all-time favorite athlete is definitely Dez Bryant, I’m a huge Cowboys fan and he’s the reason I fell in love with the sport but Deion Sanders is a close second because he’s the reason I wear 21.

What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite subject in school is definitely science/ biology.

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: Player Spotlight/Interview with Dallas Cowboys fan Brady Woltz from Vinton County

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Another one of Vinton County's finest. Great kid!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Player Spotlight/Interview with Dallas Cowboys fan Brady Woltz from Vinton County

Post by noreply66 »

good read

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”