Resurrection of the SVAC

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Resurrection of the SVAC

Post by Old Shorts »

I remember when the SVAC was a hotbed of great teams and there was no better place to be. In the midst of all that Oak Hill joined the league. Seemed like they had 100 players on their football team. The busses just kept rolling into the games filled with players. They had a dynasty for a few years. But we gave them all they wanted a few times. Would love to see the old SVAC resurrected and get OH back in it. My dream would be to see all the Gallia County schools split back up and have our old league back. Then all the schools in the league could get some pride back and get more players out for all sports. This would be Utopia. What say everyone else?

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Re: Resurrection of the SVAC

Post by Old Shorts »

Bump

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

You’re not gonna see the Gallia county schools split back up, but something very similar to the SVAC is brewing. The TVC Hocking isn’t gonna make it. Once Eastern and Southern go it’s done.

Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

slayter wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:42 pm You’re not gonna see the Gallia county schools split back up, but something very similar to the SVAC is brewing. The TVC Hocking isn’t gonna make it. Once Eastern and Southern go it’s done.
I hope you’re right and that it happens soon. The Hocking needs to disband and Trimble needs to join the Ohio. Get it back the way it was meant to be.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

You can count on Eastern under one condition. The trophy for the league title must be named the “Arch Rose Cup”. He was our best coach ever and he beat the pants off those Gallia County schools on a regular basis.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

You are not going to see River Valley split back up, but a revamped SVAC would HAVE to include them and South Gallia!

RV
SG
Eastern
Southern
Symmes Valley
Oak Hill
?
?

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Invite us and Buffalo

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Why hannancoach-so you could cancel a game for either Donkey Basketball Game or Donkey Softball Game. Yea Hannan did that once!

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Might pluck off Federal Hocking.
Wellston and Meigs are long shots, but I think around the same size as OH.
Outside of that it would be hard to find anyone except Portsmouth schools

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:38 pm You are not going to see River Valley split back up, but a revamped SVAC would HAVE to include them and South Gallia!

RV
SG
Eastern
Southern
Symmes Valley
Oak Hill
?
?
I think RV, SG, Eastern, and Southern would be obvious. But no one could beat Oak Hill and thats one of two reasons why the league fell apart. Symmes would be ok if you can get Hannan to actually join with a clause about Donkey Sports.

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

If I can convince Mingo central to deconsolidate would you consider letting me bring Matewan in to this new league. We beat the brakes off Easten once and we can do it again.

Y'all are just gonna have to prove that!
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

A Kinder Yogi wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:25 pm If I can convince Mingo central to deconsolidate would you consider letting me bring Matewan in to this new league. We beat the brakes off Easten once and we can do it again.
Eastern would stomp a mud hole in they assz, just like they would everyone else in that SVAC they talking about.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Pittstop Billy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:03 am
slayter wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:42 pm You’re not gonna see the Gallia county schools split back up, but something very similar to the SVAC is brewing. The TVC Hocking isn’t gonna make it. Once Eastern and Southern go it’s done.
I hope you’re right and that it happens soon. The Hocking needs to disband and Trimble needs to join the Ohio. Get it back the way it was meant to be.
Your Thimble boys are gonna wish they were in the Ohio after the Eagles get done knocking their dinks in the dirt again this year. 😂

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

meatswinger wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:21 pm
RVRaiderFan wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:38 pm You are not going to see River Valley split back up, but a revamped SVAC would HAVE to include them and South Gallia!

RV
SG
Eastern
Southern
Symmes Valley
Oak Hill
?
?

I think RV, SG, Eastern, and Southern would be obvious. But no one could beat Oak Hill and thats one of two reasons why the league fell apart. Symmes would be ok if you can get Hannan to actually join with a clause about Donkey Sports.
I can’t see SV wanting in, but the rest of the schools might.

The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

My boys at the butcher shop been talking. We figure Danny been doing some more back door dealing to get this thing done. This is the new SVAC configuration we think he as done put together:

Southern
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Hannan
South Gallia
River Valley

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:15 pm
Pittstop Billy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:03 am
Your Thimble boys are gonna wish they were in the Ohio after the Eagles get done knocking their dinks in the dirt again this year. 😂
Not from Trimble pal.

Return to “Football”