OTHER THAN IRONTON OR WHEELERSBURG

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Re: OTHER THAN IRONTON OR WHEELERSBURG

Post by Svcguru »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:09 am I think you've got teams out there that have some players here and there that are going to have some really nice years and be some of the top players in the area. As far as overall teams go I don't know that I see too many making deep runs in the playoffs and fewer who will see that 10-0 mark. Just some teams and players off the top of my head and I know I'll leave guys out and maybe guys can add to it as players to watch.

Ironton--Cade Wolford will probably lead the area and for sure FAC in all purpose yards. Looking like his brother Bodhi is going to take over the QB duties as Jackson will see a new face under center for the first time in a few years.

Paint Valley--Returns the areas top WR in Carson Free, hearing he's gotten bigger from last year and in the SVC he's going to be a matchup nightmare for teams. Also returning for PV is Braylon Robertson I think he lead them in rushing last season and plays a huge role on defense.

Piketon--He took over late in the year as a freshman but look for Luke Gullion to start at QB for the streaks who could push for the title but more than likely a year away. Luke should be the starter for the next 3 seasons as he tries to surpass the numbers his brother put up.

Wheelersburg--Very well rounded team and it'll be interesting to see what the addition of D. Lattimore from portsmouth brings.

Minford--J. Pica returns for his senior year and will push for top RB in the SOC this season. P. Caudill had a bit of an up and down season as a freshman but that's to be expected it'll be interesting to see if he takes a step forward. Also curious with the success Kaiser had as the basketball season went on if he's starting to come into his own and takes that next step forward at WR.

P.West--Bishop is the main guy I know of them returning but do they have anyone getting him the ball will be the question. West was a very talented team last season but lost quite a bit.

Chillicothe--Someone will have to help here because between the graduating players, Lee especially, and guys like Netter and Galloway transferring not really for sure what they have coming back.

Eastern Pike--Not necessarily one player in particular to pay attention to with these guys but I do believe this was the year they were really hoping to make some noise. They tied for the SOC1 title last year and lost very few players from that team, so overall I just think they're a team to keep an eye on could be seeing them put together the highest winning totals in schools short football history.

Waverly--Lost a group of impactful players but return a lot of talent and guys that got varsity experience last year as youngsters. The QB Mason Kelly will be a junior and his 2nd season as starting QB and last year lead the SOC in passing. J. Hurd one of the areas top RBs will be competing against Pica for that top RB spot in SOCII play. Outside of Hudson Kelly, Waverly returns the entire WR group. Depth behind Hurd will be the biggest question there.

Miami Trace--Garrett Guess will probably end up being the top WR in the FAC and the area as a whole, big bodied WR with great hands. The QB Trey Robinette should be solid going into his JR year.

Unioto--Lost a ton of players to graduation but they do return Hoops at QB for his senior year and he should lead the way for them.

Portsmouth--Have to replace the QB again but I think the biggest question coming out of Portsmouth right now is will JoJo Parkers boy see the field as a freshman at RB.

Northwest--Moving up to SOCII going to be tough Lintz left and went to Ironton but sounds like he came back so it'll be interesting to see how he handles SOCII play.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for Ironman98, I know I left off players and didn't discuss certain teams wasn't meant as a slight to any players these are just some of the players and teams going into this upcoming season to keep an eye on.
Zane Trace has the potential to be really good! Return a lot from last years 11-1 team.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Gallia will be talented with Kenyon Franklin and the Shamblin brothers. Fairland will have some talent returning with Hunt as their main guy. Portsmouth has a good base coming back. Outside of Ironton, those are the other contenders in the OVC and the other standout players in the conference.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

For galli, Cole Hines should be their best player, again. Not taking anything from anyone else but Hines has been Gallia’s most consistent player since his freshman season. Franklin has huge ability and will be as good as he chooses to be. Shamblins are both very hard nosed and talented, hopefully both stay healthy. A Frosh should push for PT but that’s a big leap. Connor Roe could be the best athlete on this team, different team with him on the field last season. Time for this class to move beyond the “potential” label as a whole.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

😀 start recruiting and you can be just like ‘em

then you can brag about your record and how great you are

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I don`t think you will be seeing Kaiser (Minford) on the football field this year, but you will see a few more that haven't played since Jr high ! Kaiser is most likely going to concentrate on basketball. Looking for Mr Pica to contend for the school record and SOC back of the year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

falcon1 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:11 am I don`t think you will be seeing Kaiser (Minford) on the football field this year, but you will see a few more that haven't played since Jr high ! Kaiser is most likely going to concentrate on basketball. Looking for Mr Pica to contend for the school record and SOC back of the year.
Interesting, at this point that's probably a known thing given we're heading into July. Kaiser is a nice player on the football field but I'll be honest basketball is where he's going to get his shot if he keeps improving. I'll still wait and see if he does or not guessing he's going to get some heavy influence from his buddies on that one.

Mommasaid
Waterboy

Post by Mommasaid »

The most underrated kid in SEO…. Fairlands WR Brycen Hunt.
The kid high points, has good speed and catches everything!!!
Led the OVC, and District, ranked in the State before his QB injured his shoulder with 4 weeks left in the season. Fairland then used him at QB and HB where he helped his team beat a very good Cole Grove team reach the playoffs. Watch this kid… you won’t be sorry.

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

If the kid ur talking about from Fairland thats a receiver, then I agree, I saw him in the ovc 7v7 and I was impressed with him, I actually had a conversation with him and from what I could tell he's a very polite young man with his height and the way he uses it hes a tough matchup for anyone!! When he would answer me it was yes sir no sir very polite!!!!!

Mommasaid
Waterboy

Post by Mommasaid »

bucs40 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:57 pm If the kid ur talking about from Fairland thats a receiver, then I agree, I saw him in the ovc 7v7 and I was impressed with him, I actually had a conversation with him and from what I could tell he's a very polite young man with his height and the way he uses it hes a tough matchup for anyone!! When he would answer me it was yes sir no sir very polite!!!!!
That’s the one!!!!

Uselogic6969
Waterboy

Post by Uselogic6969 »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:17 am Valley will have a very talented sophomore rb and qb but not a lot after that
Lol

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:53 pm Is there any good teams or players in the area other than Ironton or Wheelersburg ?
Eastern of Reedsville is loaded. Plus we got the best player from another team that transferred in. It’s going to be a great year. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.

Return to “Football”