August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

RBH23
S

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:54 am
RBH23 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:51 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:15 pm

He’s a beast, like I said earlier in a post, this Offense has the potential to be one of the best we’ve had in sometime. We’ll find out soon enough.
These backs are better than Felder and Keyes?
I dont think anyone said that but I think the run game is going to be way stronger this season because the LOS IS going to be improved and Ironton has depth, size, and speed at RB AND Ironton has a BIG athletic QB1 with wheels.
I didn’t state that anyone did make that claim. Was just asking the question. Obviously LOS matters a great deal, but having backs like Felder and Keyes greatly impacts a run game as well.

So will Ironton be more run focused this year versus last?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:15 pm

He’s a beast, like I said earlier in a post, this Offense has the potential to be one of the best we’ve had in sometime. We’ll find out soon enough.
I dont think anyone said that but I think the run game is going to be way stronger this season because the LOS IS going to be improved and Ironton has depth, size, and speed at RB AND Ironton has a BIG athletic QB1 with wheels.
BTW if you would stick to just talking football you could bring some value to this site. It's obvious you know football. If you would stop being such an A$$ and troll every thread and just talk football more people would engage you instead of troll you... Personally I think Williams is a better player on both sides of the ball than fielder or Keyes IMO he is the best Football player in the area and it's not even close... If he was 4 inches taller he's probably a 5 star

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:08 am

BTW if you would stick to just talking football you could bring some value to this site. It's obvious you know football. If you would stop being such an A$$ and troll every thread and just talk football more people would engage you instead of troll you... Personally I think Williams is a better player on both sides of the ball than fielder or Keyes IMO he is the best Football player in the area and it's not even close... If he was 4 inches taller he's probably a 5 star
Before pointing the finger, go back through this thread and see who initiated the trash talk. I assure you, it wasn’t me.

Frankly, I much rather talk football than trash talk; it gets boring. Unfortunately, that seems to be what some from Ironton prefer.

So back to the topic at hand, did Williams get any varsity time last year? Also, do you see Ironton focusing more on the run this year?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:22 pm

Before pointing the finger, go back through this thread and see who initiated the trash talk. I assure you, it wasn’t me.

Frankly, I much rather talk football than trash talk; it gets boring. Unfortunately, that seems to be what some from Ironton prefer.

So back to the topic at hand, did Williams get any varsity time last year? Also, do you see Ironton focusing more on the run this year?
Williams started on Defense all of last year as a Freshman, he’s tough. I believe he led the team in tackles too. There will be a good mix of pass and run this year as the line will be much better.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:36 am
osu 77 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:33 am
RBH23 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:58 pm

Your younger, more ambitious coaches haven’t even reached what Burg coaches have accomplished. With the talent IHS had last year, anyone could have coached that team to the finals. Get back to me when they actually win the big prize.
Why don’t you just quit complaining and try to get out of your Moms basement and make a contribution to society!
“Complaining”? What am I complaining about? There was no complaint in my statement, just a criticism. Seriously, do you know the definition for the words “complaining” and “criticism”? 🤦‍♂️

“Get out of you Mr moms basement and make a contribution to society”, that’s original. Bet you were at the top of your class at IHS.

Why are Ironton kool-aid drinkers so sensitive? They love to talk trash but get discombobulated when trash is talked back. Sorry Burg fans don’t bow to your greatness and blow smoke up your a$$ to make you feel better about your once great program. I’ll try to be more empathetic in the future so as not to disturb your delicate sensitivities.
[/

I guess that original statement must hurt talk about sensitive!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

The bozo who has been hurling accusations of misconduct at Ironton with ZERO evidence didn't start anything huh? 😭🤡

#lilsis

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

If somebody cant stomach trash talk then sports isnt for you. Find a church league to follow. 😭 I bet mayo is too spicy too huh?

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Zayne Williams is a special talent. To me, he is Ironton’s best defensive player, and is step-for-step with Shaun Terry as Ironton’s top two offensive threats coming into the year.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I was Talking to and quoting BTWNTHE... I see where it was confusing since I just typed BTW. FWIW

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:02 pm

If somebody cant stomach trash talk then sports isnt for you. Find a church league to follow. 😭 I bet mayo is too spicy too huh?
Thanks for making my point that some Ironton fans on here just want to talk trash, and I’m completely fine with that.

But despite my best efforts, talking trash with you is very sad. Feel like I’m picking on a mentally handicapped person. Did you ride the short bus during your school years?

As for your church league comment… I was once a captain of a bball team in a church league. We lost a close game in the championship. Why did we lose? Half the team was out. My center and pg were arrested and considered accomplices in a recent murder while my small forward was on trial for armed robbery. Not all church leagues are created the same :)

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:24 pm

I was Talking to and quoting BTWNTHE... I see where it was confusing since I just typed BTW. FWIW
All good!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

KCol wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:47 pm Zayne Williams is a special talent. To me, he is Ironton’s best defensive player, and is step-for-step with Shaun Terry as Ironton’s top two offensive threats coming into the year.
What position does he play on D? Safety?

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:30 pm
KCol wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:47 pm Zayne Williams is a special talent. To me, he is Ironton’s best defensive player, and is step-for-step with Shaun Terry as Ironton’s top two offensive threats coming into the year.
Outside LB when I watched. Tackling machine. I also thought he was their best defender as a freshman. Very quick in space and likes to hit.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Carter and Keyes looked better getting off the bus and were fine players but Williams has better lateral quickness. If he only goes at running back they will certainly miss him on defense. Either way the kid is just a player

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

After watching the burg inter squad scrimmage, the biggest thing that jumped out to me was how big the line is End to End. There are some big dudes, and it may be the biggest line I have seen Burg put out. Again we will see if they can hit, looked like it during the scrimmage, but you really can't tell what they want to accomplish out there with the teams mixed up.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Last year, it was linebacker. Has great instincts for the position. If he can grow about 3 inches, he’ll be a sure fire DI guy, but he’s so good it may not matter.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:11 pm After watching the burg inter squad scrimmage, the biggest thing that jumped out to me was how big the line is End to End. There are some big dudes, and it may be the biggest line I have seen Burg put out. Again we will see if they can hit, looked like it during the scrimmage, but you really can't tell what they want to accomplish out there with the teams mixed up.
That definitely is a massive statement, and with the skill guys Burg will have, certainly a good starting sign.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:25 pm

Thanks for making my point that some Ironton fans on here just want to talk trash, and I’m completely fine with that.

But despite my best efforts, talking trash with you is very sad. Feel like I’m picking on a mentally handicapped person. Did you ride the short bus during your school years?

As for your church league comment… I was once a captain of a bball team in a church league. We lost a close game in the championship. Why did we lose? Half the team was out. My center and pg were arrested and considered accomplices in a recent murder while my small forward was on trial for armed robbery. Not all church leagues are created the same :)
lol I'mma put that on a list of things that never happened right next to you providing evidence for any of those allegations. 😭

#lilsis

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Outoftowner wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:54 pm
Outside LB when I watched. Tackling machine. I also thought he was their best defender as a freshman. Very quick in space and likes to hit.
He led team in tackling as a freshman. Natural talent. He's one of those kids that is just a football player.
Last edited by BTWNTHE__ on Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:25 pm

Only in your head do ya not sound corny investigator. 😭 Tell me more of that church league team gone bad after school special you were mappin out for me my guy? Lmao

#lilsis

Return to “Football”