2023 Ironton Tigers

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:46 am Congratulations to Shaun Terry, after having a great performance at the 7 on 7 at Eastern Kentucky he received an offer from them.

Go Fighting Tigers……..
He just received his 3rd offer, Toledo has made him an offer.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

His videos are impressive!!!

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Surprised there no one has started a ironton vs burg thread yet. Less than a month away.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

How did the Tigers do in their scrimmage tonight?(Ironton)

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Ironton looked really impressive tonight vs waverly. I believe Ironton scored 7 times to waverlys 0. Irontons QB thrown the ball really well and has some wheels. Both RBs ran the ball well for ironton and the defense only gave up 2-3 first downs.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Exactly what I seen. Ironton team is very deep. Everyone they brought in was making plays.
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:03 pm Ironton looked really impressive tonight vs waverly. I believe Ironton scored 7 times to waverlys 0. Irontons QB thrown the ball really well and has some wheels. Both RBs ran the ball well for ironton and the defense only gave up 2-3 first downs.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Ironton looked very good for this early in the year. Zayne Williams is a truck at RB. I feel Tyler Carmon was the second best looking back with Copas/Hart fighting for the 3rd spot. It seems as though Pittman is always injured so it will be nice to find a solid 2nd option behind Terry at WR. Thacker threw the ball well but really showed he can be a weapon with his legs. The secondary needs to clean up some things as Waverly had some open WRs but their QB couldn’t connect. The Ironton D line is very impressive but there are some questions at LB and DB. Give them time and they’re gonna be a force.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:12 am Ironton looked very good for this early in the year. Zayne Williams is a truck at RB. I feel Tyler Carmon was the second best looking back with Copas/Hart fighting for the 3rd spot. It seems as though Pittman is always injured so it will be nice to find a solid 2nd option behind Terry at WR. Thacker threw the ball well but really showed he can be a weapon with his legs. The secondary needs to clean up some things as Waverly had some open WRs but their QB couldn’t connect. The Ironton D line is very impressive but there are some questions at LB and DB. Give them time and they’re gonna be a force.
Pittman isn’t injured…hes been sick with some stomach issues.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

BigSpoon wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:53 am
GoBigI wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:12 am Ironton looked very good for this early in the year. Zayne Williams is a truck at RB. I feel Tyler Carmon was the second best looking back with Copas/Hart fighting for the 3rd spot. It seems as though Pittman is always injured so it will be nice to find a solid 2nd option behind Terry at WR. Thacker threw the ball well but really showed he can be a weapon with his legs. The secondary needs to clean up some things as Waverly had some open WRs but their QB couldn’t connect. The Ironton D line is very impressive but there are some questions at LB and DB. Give them time and they’re gonna be a force.
Pittman isn’t injured…hes been sick with some stomach issues.
That seems to be going around with the players.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Ironton looked good on offense and the defense held Waverly to only crossing the 50 once and on the very next play they lost yardage to put them back into their end of the field. Next week will be a better gauge on how good Ironton is. Weakness are Dbacks and maybe center. Several bad snaps and Dbacks got beat a few times on the long ball.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:06 am Ironton looked good on offense and the defense held Waverly to only crossing the 50 once and on the very next play they lost yardage to put them back into their end of the field. Next week will be a better gauge on how good Ironton is. Weakness are Dbacks and maybe center. Several bad snaps and Dbacks got beat a few times on the long ball.
I agree, Cincinnati Anderson will be a better gauge as to where we are.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

What div. Is Anderson?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I'm thinking Anderson is D2. One other thing about the Waverly scrimmage, Pittman didn't play due to a stomach virus. Needless to say he wasn't needed in this scrimmage.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

The #1 Dbs didn’t allow a person behind them. Now the #3’s let the same Waverly player get by 3 times and he dropped the ball everytime. #1 center had 1 bad snap. Rest was on backups. I do agree next weeks scrimmage will be a better gauge tho.

RiverRatRay wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:06 am Ironton looked good on offense and the defense held Waverly to only crossing the 50 once and on the very next play they lost yardage to put them back into their end of the field. Next week will be a better gauge on how good Ironton is. Weakness are Dbacks and maybe center. Several bad snaps and Dbacks got beat a few times on the long ball.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:14 am I'm thinking Anderson is D2. One other thing about the Waverly scrimmage, Pittman didn't play due to a stomach virus. Needless to say he wasn't needed in this scrimmage.
"wasn't needed" as in to "win" the scrimmage or because he didn't need the work? I have never thought "winning" a scrimmage was the goal, rather a biproduct of the goal. I would argue regardless how bad you "beat" someone in a scrimmage or how bad you get "beat", you need the reps and work after a week of hitting on your own teammates.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

smurray wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:17 pm
RiverRatRay wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:14 am I'm thinking Anderson is D2. One other thing about the Waverly scrimmage, Pittman didn't play due to a stomach virus. Needless to say he wasn't needed in this scrimmage.
"wasn't needed" as in to "win" the scrimmage or because he didn't need the work? I have never thought "winning" a scrimmage was the goal, rather a biproduct of the goal. I would argue regardless how bad you "beat" someone in a scrimmage or how bad you get "beat", you need the reps and work after a week of hitting on your own teammates.
Not if you’re sick like he stated he was.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:13 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:17 pm
Not if you’re sick like he stated he was.
That wasn’t my point. Of course you don’t play if you are sick. He said he wasn’t needed - I assume meaning to “win” the scrimmage.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Never assume anything. Not needed as a running back. The ones that were used also needed the work. Pittman not playing let the coach see who might be his best backup. Waverly has a lot of work to do. Dline was non-existent. WRs dropped too any passes. Running game never got started. I would say the QB was the bright spot.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:38 pm Never assume anything. Not needed as a running back. The ones that were used also needed the work. Pittman not playing let the coach see who might be his best backup. Waverly has a lot of work to do. Dline was non-existent. WRs dropped too any passes. Running game never got started. I would say the QB was the bright spot.
Pittman isnt a rb. Wtf are you yammerin about?.😭🤡

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

The scrimmage shoe could be on the other foot for Ironton this weekend at Anderson. The talented Raptors will field a safety committed to Bowling Green, a tight end committed to WVU, and a running back who scored 39 TDs last year on almost 2,000 all-purpose yards and who holds multiple Ivy League offers. Anderson was a deceiving 8-6 last year, as their wide-open passing attack enabled an Elite 8 finish in the Division 2 playoffs. With a stock of returning players, they are aiming at even higher things this season.

https://andersonraptors.org/news/2023/7 ... alist.aspx

Return to “Football”