58-0 at the half
72-6 after 3rd
ND 78 Manchester 6

Nice road win to open the season!!

GoIrish
JV Team

Re: Notre Dame @ Manchester 8.18.23

Post by GoIrish »

I hope they kept the ball on the ground the second half.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

ND that good or Manchester down?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

GoIrish wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:59 am I hope they kept the ball on the ground the second half.
My thought is as long as they had the back ups in they should continue to run their base offense. If not, what experience are they really getting.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Whatever you sew you will also reap. I feel bad for Manchester. Notre Dames coach obviously knows nothing about winning with class. Actually with an 0-17 record he obviously doesn’t know much about winning anything.

Karma exists at Shade River Stadium. Notre Dame will get the same bareassing from the Eagle Machine that they give to Manchester. Get ready.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

mattash wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:22 am ND that good or Manchester down?

Manchester is always terrible.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:31 am Whatever you sew you will also reap. I feel bad for Manchester. Notre Dames coach obviously knows nothing about winning with class. Actually with an 0-17 record he obviously doesn’t know much about winning anything.

Karma exists at Shade River Stadium. Notre Dame will get the same bareassing from the Eagle Machine that they give to Manchester. Get ready.
Stop crying about it. It's great that you speak about getting embarrassed and how it shouldn't happen and in the same breath you say karma exists. Grow up, Peter Pan. I'm sure they kept the ball on the ground in the second half. If you haven't seen their roster yet I'll give you a little bit of insight. They have 18 TOTAL players. Want them to kneel on the ball for 3 and outs and play defense the entire second half?

At some point, you have to figure out that telling a football team to let up and not play as hard is setting up the kids for injury. Run the ball and stick to it. Failure is life and purposely giving up and letting the other team have the ball is more embarrassing than the score.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:26 am
GoIrish wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:59 am I hope they kept the ball on the ground the second half.
My thought is as long as they had the back ups in they should continue to run their base offense. If not, what experience are they really getting.
Roster isn't big enough to go putting backups in.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:22 am ND that good or Manchester down?
Manchester hasn't been up for about 10 years now and that was just the right group coming through and at best they went 6-4.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:45 am
Baldeagle wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:31 am Whatever you sew you will also reap. I feel bad for Manchester. Notre Dames coach obviously knows nothing about winning with class. Actually with an 0-17 record he obviously doesn’t know much about winning anything.

Stop crying about it. It's great that you speak about getting embarrassed and how it shouldn't happen and in the same breath you say karma exists. Grow up, Peter Pan. I'm sure they kept the ball on the ground in the second half. If you haven't seen their roster yet I'll give you a little bit of insight. They have 18 TOTAL players. Want them to kneel on the ball for 3 and outs and play defense the entire second half?

At some point, you have to figure out that telling a football team to let up and not play as hard is setting up the kids for injury. Run the ball and stick to it. Failure is life and purposely giving up and letting the other team have the ball is more embarrassing than the score.
I couldn’t agree with this more!

WWE HALL OF FAME
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

You Notre Dame jerks won’t be so smug much longer. 43 angry eagles are gonna shove that football up your arse. You won’t be able to do anything about it.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

You Notre Dame jerks..... those are funny words but only when spoken by you. Please quit looking and talking to the mirror and go do your homework.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:38 am You Notre Dame jerks won’t be so smug much longer. 43 angry eagles are gonna shove that football up your arse. You won’t be able to do anything about it.
Notre Dame is ALWAYS the underdog no matter the team or sport. Look at the number of boys who are enrolled there, but still seem to win conference, sectional, district, and regional championships in a variety of sports.

It's not about being a jerk when you're constantly being talked down to or even forgotten. Money spent on education does not make the student/athlete any better or make that person better. It is chosen by said parents to send their kids to a school that provides quality education. So, hopefully that answers any other questions or arguments you may start.

ND's back is always against the wall, hate is constantly spilled, and people like you who get behind a computer and make themselves feel good are the majority of the problem. If a requirement was to put your real name and photo for your avatar, I'd say there would be a lot less keyboard warriors like yourself.

Notre Dame will show up to the game, give 100%, and at the end of the game either win or lose, just like any other team. But, beat your chest that you or your child "whipped" up on one of the smallest Division 7 schools in the state of Ohio. All because they scored the majority of their points in the first half and kept the ball on the ground in the second half to ease the pain against an opponent who has struggled.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

No-win situation for ND. They only got like 20 kids, so it not like they can just sub out and “put in the freshmen” like other schools can. And the 20 kids they got are pretty solid.

This game more of a statement of how bad things are at Manchester. Sounds like a team that should be playing a jv/freshmen schedule.*

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:27 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:26 am
Roster isn't big enough to go putting backups in.
Thanks. Then with that being the case my thought is if you are a base run team you then go to a short passing game and if you are a pass happy team you go 100% run.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

What was the score at halftime and at what point did they go to a running clock?

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

58 - 0 at half. I believe they started a running clock starting 3rd quarter.

Return to “Football”