August 26, 2023 Ironton 35 - 14 Jackson

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Re: JACKSON AT IRONTON

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:17 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:11 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:59 am

It truly is the Wild West in WV in the Charleston/Huntington area with how their one time transfer works. And no competitive balance so no penalty to add the transfers
Yes sir. Very much so.
The Morgantown high schools and Eastern Panhandle schools like Martinsburg do the same kinda thing. Lot of Martinsburg kids transfer in from Virginia and DC & Maryland schools. Etc etc

Nobody whines lol
I have a close friend who’s very trustworthy about Morgantown High and this is so true. Especially the EPH

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:39 pm
522Pirate wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:28 pm My wife’s family lives in Louisville and her nephew played at Ballard, Male and another school while his sister cheered at Trinity. The whining over transfers here is mind numbing. 😂
I got past the whole transfer thing but Totally different circumstances.
Totally different, Wheelersburg doesn’t play those schools so we don’t care.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Jackson has done everything but win the game the past 2 years. As usual they have enough talent to compete with and beat Ironton. Can they get over the hump? Discipline and sustained drives will give them a helluva shot.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

522Pirate wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:28 pm My wife’s family lives in Louisville and her nephew played at Ballard, Male and another school while his sister cheered at Trinity. The whining over transfers here is mind numbing. 😂
I know why the whining about transfers or really any kinda change in the seo crowd. Because the majority SEO demographic is old. For example average age for ironton, burg etc is around mid 40s and male. So unfortunately seo is sorta dominated by a older outdated sentiment whereis Charleston, Morgantown, Martinsburg have younger, more open to change and progressive folks [ families, parents] and therefore a more modern sentiment regarding change in general.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:31 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:17 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:11 pm

Yes sir. Very much so.
The Morgantown high schools and Eastern Panhandle schools like Martinsburg do the same kinda thing. Lot of Martinsburg kids transfer in from Virginia and DC & Maryland schools. Etc etc

Nobody whines lol
I have a close friend who’s very trustworthy about Morgantown High and this is so true. Especially the EPH
Yes. Very common and has been since early 90s really.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:30 pm
I know why the whining about transfers or really any kinda change in the seo crowd. Because the majority SEO demographic is old. For example average age for ironton, burg etc is around mid 40s and male. So unfortunately seo is sorta dominated by a older outdated sentiment whereis Charleston, Morgantown, Martinsburg have younger, more open to change and progressive folks [ families, parents] and therefore a more modern sentiment regarding change in general.
And ALSO socially theres more to do than in seo so not as uptight about prep level sports.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to JHS.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Hope it’s another classic as these two teams have had the last few years.

Go Fighting Tigers……

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Is there a stream to this game?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

People always talking transfers but up north been doing it for years!! Around here last 10 years axcept 2 schools u know who they are! So what hell jackson how many divisions bigger than burg 2? I believe equal it up!! I myself like kids going where they’re comfortable or can play and if it makes a team unbeatable oh well root for then at the state!! Like I said if a D-VII school plays half D-II thru D-V schools with most players going D-I colleges what’s that tell ya?

SE0PScommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by SE0PScommenter »

Everybody transfers. Get over it. It's apart of sports

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

onewayoranother
Waterboy

Post by onewayoranother »

Looking forward to taking this one in. Should be great!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Craziest thing I have ever seen lol

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

14U wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 pm People always talking transfers but up north been doing it for years!! Around here last 10 years axcept 2 schools u know who they are! So what hell jackson how many divisions bigger than burg 2? I believe equal it up!! I myself like kids going where they’re comfortable or can play and if it makes a team unbeatable oh well root for then at the state!! Like I said if a D-VII school plays half D-II thru D-V schools with most players going D-I colleges what’s that tell ya?
Normal part of modern day sports at EVERY level. Some of these seops posters are mentally stunted & stuck in a rerun episode of the andy griffith show BUT i have bad news for them.

Most of seo has around a 2% annual population decrease AND their average demographic is mid 40s and male. Which means TRANSFERS is what will suppliment and keep marquee SEO programs like Ironton & Burg competitive in the future. Without the transers, over time, these marquee seo programs will eventually become the now vanished Ironton St Joe football program.

So its here to stay. It will increase as population decreases. And its never going away. Get use to it.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:01 pm Midland is big. Athletic & deep
Imperative IHS plays this caliber of teams to compete for a long post season run.

Great scheduling!!!

#GoTgo

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:43 pm
Imperative IHS plays this caliber of teams to compete for a long post season run.

Great scheduling!!!

#GoTgo
Agreed 💯

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:43 pm

Great scheduling!!!

#GoTgo
We will see how legit Midland is next Friday night vs Huntington for the annual BATTLE OF THE SHIELD. Huntington is completely STACKED and BLEW THE DOORS off Spring Valley last night. The Highlanders have MULTIPLE D1 kids.

Sidenote; when Ironton scheduled Midland.at the Joan a Bunch of Huntington players on twitter said Ironton wants no parts of the champs.

- i smell a new matchup coming soon. 👀

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:47 am
14U wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 pm People always talking transfers but up north been doing it for years!! Around here last 10 years axcept 2 schools u know who they are! So what hell jackson how many divisions bigger than burg 2? I believe equal it up!! I myself like kids going where they’re comfortable or can play and if it makes a team unbeatable oh well root for then at the state!! Like I said if a D-VII school plays half D-II thru D-V schools with most players going D-I colleges what’s that tell ya?
Normal part of modern day sports at EVERY level. Some of these seops posters are mentally stunted & stuck in a rerun episode of the andy griffith show BUT i have bad news for them.

Most of seo has around a 2% annual population decrease AND their average demographic is mid 40s and male. Which means TRANSFERS is what will suppliment and keep marquee SEO programs like Ironton & Burg competitive in the future. Without the transers, over time, these marquee seo programs will eventually become the now vanished Ironton St Joe football program.

So its here to stay. It will increase as population decreases. And its never going away. Get use to it.
I am used to it and like it like I said. I was just talking about those who don’t. If you lived in Lawrence county where would u want to play? Same goes for scioto. That’s why those teams up north are good. Been doing this for years, just find the loop hole.most around here gripping because they lost that stud player or playing against that team. I like it because that kid or player might not get a college looking at him because he plays on crap team etc!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

SE0PScommenter wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:31 pm Everybody transfers. Get over it. It's apart of sports
That’s what I’m talking about!! It’s just started around southern Ohio last 8 year and they don’t like it.

Return to “Football”