Passing yards: Morgan 182, Warren 142
First Downs: Morgan 19, Warren 14
Turnovers: Warren 2, Morgan 1
Penalties: Morgan 5-51, Warren 5-63

Morgan Stats:

Logan Niceswanger: Pass 11 of 17 182 yards 3TD, 1 INT, Rush: 14-96 2 TD
Kole Searl: Rec; 7-107 TD, Rec; Hayden Bankes 3-70 2 TD
William Dodd: Rush 10-83

I was not provided with Warren's individuals.
Last edited by MoCoSportsGuy02 on Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

beg003
All Conference

Re: August 25, 2023 Morgan 33 - 22 Warren

Post by beg003 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:11 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:02 pm
Bucknuts88 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:33 pm In the end it wasn't the amazing crowd noise that made the difference. The atmosphere had no impact on the game. Warren was out physicaled. The were bullied on both side of the ball. They fought until the end, but the young offensive line got beat all night. Morgan got everything they wanted on the ground. And Niceswonger (spelling?) Is a great player and was the Morgan offense. I remembered him from last year as well. Another thing that impacted the game was Warren's lack of depth. I don't think I've ever seen that many cramps in one game.

Hats off to Morgan. I would say they have a good chance of playing in the post season
Wasn’t there but this is the exact thing I heard. It surprised me about the physicality side, but I did think the lack of depth would catch up on a weather day like today. I thought the offensive line would be better, but they obviously have things to keep working on. Like I said, if we let the QB take over the game, it wouldn’t be good and it wasn’t. Credit to Morgan, they have had our number recently. Fairbanks needs to get healthy for us, that helps our RB and DB depth out a good bit.
Our guys played their hearts out. Strahler, and Carr ran hard, although I would like to see our guys make more people miss in the open field. But Sealey ran for his life and still made plays, and TP balled out. It just looks like the same familiar theme of the last 20 years or so. We always have good skill, but we have to develop our OLine, and DLine. We looked small tonight. Going to have to get those guys on not just a strength program, but a nutrition program so we can add some weight up front. This game shows us how much better we need to be to be a playoff team, because that's what Morgan is. Keep working boys
It’s not a talent issue, in my opinion. Bookman and Gorham are big, pretty talented kids. There just has to be certain amount of nastiness they play with. That’s something they have to want to do, it’s not really a thing that can be coached like technique or footwork. We’re not a bad team by any means, but we are flawed.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:33 pm In the end it wasn't the amazing crowd noise that made the difference. The atmosphere had no impact on the game. Warren was out physicaled. The were bullied on both side of the ball. They fought until the end, but the young offensive line got beat all night. Morgan got everything they wanted on the ground. And Niceswonger (spelling?) Is a great player and was the Morgan offense. I remembered him from last year as well. Another thing that impacted the game was Warren's lack of depth. I don't think I've ever seen that many cramps in one game.

Hats off to Morgan. I would say they have a good chance of playing in the post season
Warren has 4 returning starters on their line from last year. What exactly is young about that? Beg003 said Morgan starts 3 sophomores on their line? IMO the offensive play calling hurt Warren. They have to be more creative to win games against good competition. The QB scrambles and throws only go so far.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:03 am

Warren has 4 returning starters on their line from last year. What exactly is young about that? Beg003 said Morgan starts 3 sophomores on their line? IMO the offensive play calling hurt Warren. They have to be more creative to win games against good competition. The QB scrambles and throws only go so far.
You can call it what you want to. But the fact is the OLine play has to be better. The QB was scrambling because he was running for his life. It's not like a QB scramble is a play call. This is low level high school football. I don't know how creative you expect them to be with play calling. The team that blocks and executes the best is the team that's going to win. My only problem I had with play calling last night was why were we milking the clock in the 4th quarter when we were down 2 scores. There was no urgency. I would've thought we had atleast practiced a 2minute offense.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

beg003 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:44 pm
Bucknuts88 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:11 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:02 pm
Wasn’t there but this is the exact thing I heard. It surprised me about the physicality side, but I did think the lack of depth would catch up on a weather day like today. I thought the offensive line would be better, but they obviously have things to keep working on. Like I said, if we let the QB take over the game, it wouldn’t be good and it wasn’t. Credit to Morgan, they have had our number recently. Fairbanks needs to get healthy for us, that helps our RB and DB depth out a good bit.
Our guys played their hearts out. Strahler, and Carr ran hard, although I would like to see our guys make more people miss in the open field. But Sealey ran for his life and still made plays, and TP balled out. It just looks like the same familiar theme of the last 20 years or so. We always have good skill, but we have to develop our OLine, and DLine. We looked small tonight. Going to have to get those guys on not just a strength program, but a nutrition program so we can add some weight up front. This game shows us how much better we need to be to be a playoff team, because that's what Morgan is. Keep working boys
It’s not a talent issue, in my opinion. Bookman and Gorham are big, pretty talented kids. There just has to be certain amount of nastiness they play with. That’s something they have to want to do, it’s not really a thing that can be coached like technique or footwork. We’re not a bad team by any means, but we are flawed.
You're right, nastyness, and toughness can't be coached. But technique can. Our linemen were standing straight up, not getting off the ball. I saw atleast 2 plays were their strong side D End pancaked our LT and blew up the play. Thats unacceptable. Aside from Tanner Gorham and Owen Bookman, we gave up size across the line.
So I do think it's a combination of lack of toughness, lack of depth, lack of size, and technique. Ouch

UncleRico05
Waterboy

Post by UncleRico05 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:49 am
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:03 am

You can call it what you want to. But the fact is the OLine play has to be better. The QB was scrambling because he was running for his life. It's not like a QB scramble is a play call. This is low level high school football. I don't know how creative you expect them to be with play calling. The team that blocks and executes the best is the team that's going to win. My only problem I had with play calling last night was why were we milking the clock in the 4th quarter when we were down 2 scores. There was no urgency. I would've thought we had atleast practiced a 2minute offense.

I could be wrong but I think they call that coaching?

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2: Warren (1-0) at Morgan (1-0)

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:53 pm
Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:46 pm I came away impressed with Warren last night. While they did lose Williams and Taylor, this almost seems like it could be one of those "addition by subtraction" deals. Sealey may actually be an upgrade at QB, and that stable of running backs led by Carr was big and physical. You can tell their O Line has been in the weight room. They all look big and strong. I like the Pahl boy. He brings an attitude, as long as he can keep his head on straight. I know it was against Belpre. But after the scrimmage vs South Point, and the game last night, I think it's an improved team.
l

Carr only carried the ball 13 times for 208 and had 4 TDs and had 3 TDs called back …. Only a sophomore who just turned 15yrs old !! I totally agree with your addiction by subtraction comment ! We lost Williams to transfer yes he was fast but we gained a bigger , physical back with the same speed !! I think this young team with Payton’s staff he has now is going to surprise alot of people and teams !!! Got to remember also Fairbanks was out last night ….

How’s that addition by subtraction going? Haven’t seen many posts about 200 yard rushing games recently? Matter of fact, I haven’t seen Warren win a game recently either? That’s weird.. I’m definitely surprised!!

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:27 am
Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:46 pm I came away impressed with Warren last night. While they did lose Williams and Taylor, this almost seems like it could be one of those "addition by subtraction" deals. Sealey may actually be an upgrade at QB, and that stable of running backs led by Carr was big and physical. You can tell their O Line has been in the weight room. They all look big and strong. I like the Pahl boy. He brings an attitude, as long as he can keep his head on straight. I know it was against Belpre. But after the scrimmage vs South Point, and the game last night, I think it's an improved team.
l

Carr only carried the ball 13 times for 208 and had 4 TDs and had 3 TDs called back …. Only a sophomore who just turned 15yrs old !! I totally agree with your addiction by subtraction comment ! We lost Williams to transfer yes he was fast but we gained a bigger , physical back with the same speed !! I think this young team with Payton’s staff he has now is going to surprise alot of people and teams !!! Got to remember also Fairbanks was out last night ….

How’s that addition by subtraction going? Haven’t seen many posts about 200 yard rushing games recently? Matter of fact, I haven’t seen Warren win a game recently either? That’s weird.. I’m definitely surprised!!
You won't either. Now there playing good teams. Funny thing is haven't heard from beg003 either Warren will finish 2-8 on season hope I'm wrong but look at schedule.

Whs2422
Waterboy

Post by Whs2422 »

l

I don't think Williams has played in 3 games for Parkersburg. Don't know why though.
Last edited by Whs2422 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Whs2422 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:21 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:53 pm l

I don't think Williams has played in 3 games for Parkersburg. Don't know why though. I assume he is hurt. How many games or parts of games did he miss at Warren? It seemed like a lot.

He’s going through the transfer process. Not hurt. He’ll be perfectly healthy during the playoffs while Warren is playing basketball.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Because Carr has only had 6 carries a game since notsofastmyfriend !! Still averaging 9 yards a carry when he get the ball !! New back had 22 carries for 84 with 3 fumbles so idk why he is being held back !!

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:48 pm Because Carr has only had 6 carries a game since notsofastmyfriend !! Still averaging 9 yards a carry when he get the ball !! New back had 22 carries for 84 with 3 fumbles so idk why he is being held back !!
Maybe because Carr is a sophomore and the other back is a junior? Imagine if the other #2 was still there? He’d be 3rd string if that’s even a thing at Warren?

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:05 am
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:48 pm Because Carr has only had 6 carries a game since notsofastmyfriend !! Still averaging 9 yards a carry when he get the ball !! New back had 22 carries for 84 with 3 fumbles so idk why he is being held back !!
Maybe because Carr is a sophomore and the other back is a junior? Imagine if the other #2 was still there? He’d be 3rd string if that’s even a thing at Warren?
[/quote
You wanted the answer to why he hasn’t had 200 yards since I gave you your answer but you keep wanting to talk about how my boy is a JV running back and say he is third string lol guess you’ve never seen him in person or in action in all his sports he does and I’ll tell you for a fact old #2 is not the specimen the new #2 is !!!

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:09 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:05 am
[/quote
You wanted the answer to why he hasn’t had 200 yards since I gave you your answer but you keep wanting to talk about how my boy is a JV running back and say he is third string lol guess you’ve never seen him in person or in action in all his sports he does and I’ll tell you for a fact old #2 is not the specimen the new #2 is !!!
Running for 200 yards against Belpre has only proven my facts in the last 3 games. Maybe the coach knows best. Go ask him!

Return to “Football”