September 1, 2023 Ironton 62 - 14 Fairland

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: WK3 2-0 Fairland v 2-0 Ironton (OVC CHIP)?

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

frankie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:41 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:05 pm Why would they go to Gallia? Truth, justice, and The American Way!

Why would they go to Ironton? RECRUITING!!
LOL TigerBob! Nice pep talk Galliaguy, but it's not working for you.
I think it worked just fine tonight. Gallia thumped Point Pleasant, Frankenstein. Week 9 should shut you Tiger fans up for a bit.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 3 Fairland at ironton

Post by CAT22 »

GoBigI wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:25 pm
CAT22 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:10 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:34 am

Stop it, get help.

Ironton 45-14
If you think ironton is winning this game by more than 2 scores, you don’t know ball.
Don’t know ball, huh? I said on page 1, Ironton 42 Fairland 6. Learn your lesson? Be quiet while adults discuss football. This game could’ve been won by 60.
I didn’t know Terry was like that. If he stays healthy and ironton keeps building offense around him, they’ll be region contenders at the very least.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Terry is Wow ….Special!!

Patterson is also a defensive line stud!!!

Thacker is faster than I expected.

The JV Tigers didn’t miss a beat and continued the blood bath when they came in.

Fairland won’t miss games like this after Ironton leaves the OVC.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Wow , didn’t expect that. Maybe Jackson’s effort wasn’t bad as most thought.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton still needs to clean up their penalties and the Center to QB needs worked on.
But overall Ironton showed improvement from week one.
Next week will tell everyone where they stand as a contender for a state run

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:27 pm
CAT22 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:10 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:34 am

Stop it, get help.

Ironton 45-14
If you think ironton is winning this game by more than 2 scores, you don’t know ball.
guess thats why they play the game huh.

I'll give ya Fairland +13.5
@CAT22 I said Ironton 45-14 but don’t know ball huh 😂

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:30 pm
frankie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:42 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:33 am

You called it an excuse, the other guy asked why/how any kid in the area would/could be recruited to Gallia. Neither one of you called me a liar. Curious.

See folks? They'll call it an excuse and take a dig at neighboring districts, but they'll never outright deny it. Why is that?
You have been crying about Ironton recruiting for years now. If you have proof report them instead of beatin' that horse over and over. With open enrollment a kid can transfer where ever they want. Successful programs get transfers that want a better opportunity to be a winner and to get noticed for a chance to play at the next level. Ironton's coach helps these young men get to that next level. He works every bit as hard as he works his players. He contacts colleges for kids in all sports, not just football players and he has done it for kids from other schools, too. He wants kids to succeed and kids notice that. He puts on a football classic, brings in teams from around the country. Next week his team is playing in Joan C, Edwards stadium, the first high school game played there. And against a much bigger school. Instead of hating on him and the Ironton program, the OVC schools should be trying to emulate some of what Ironton is doing instead of the constant bitching about them.
One thing that I will say about the current coach at GA is he's all about getting his young men as much exposure as possible. I have heard from a parent that he will volunteer himself to take his players to recruiting visits and other such functions around the state. And having known him personally, that's very much on character for him. So to answer your question as to why someone would want to go to GA? Tradition, brotherhood, and a coach who goes above and beyond for his players.
Its just laughable! Its called transferring and open enrollment. You really think these coaches out here recruiting? 🤣🤣🤣 bruh! Cmon man! You salty AF

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

CrackBack46 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:10 pm Terry is Wow ….Special!!

The JV Tigers didn’t miss a beat and continued the blood bath when they came in.

If I heard correctly, they are keeping Portsmouth, Gallia Academy and Fairland on their scheduling.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:38 am
BigSpoon wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:37 pm

Why didn't Ironton try to schedule St. Iggy or St. Ed when Vass was coaching? Oh....oh that's right, only the Lutz and Pendleton years actually mean anything to Ironton fans. OVC needs to kick Ironton to the curb and when the run of talent they have dries up and they're back to 5-5 every year, tell em to kick rocks and keep getting dunked on by Cincinnati and Columbus schools.
Its sad Ironton has to schedule schools like this because you ovc clowns get butthurt over getting beat like a drum now! A few years ago you all wanted a shot at Ironton. Ironton isn’t the ovc’s problem. The problem is you dont point the finger where it should be. Some of these ovc teams over the last few years have been absolutely terrible. Blame your coaching staff, not Irontons. Oh, and as for Vass. He wasn’t a very good coach. Kids were transferring to other schools from over how he ran things. It was bad
I would say the issue is more with the other schools not having the same *recruiting* staff. Yeah. I'll say it. We're all aware of it.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 a solid program and good coach doesn’t need to recruit! Kids want to transfer and be part of the tradition!

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:13 pm Wow , didn’t expect that. Maybe Jackson’s effort wasn’t bad as most thought.
Watched some of the scoring plays on YouTube after the game and you could see the Fairland players half heartedly try to chase Terry once he got past them, could’ve stopped one or two of them but they looked defeated after the 4th Ironton td.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: September 1, 2023 Ironton 62 - 14 Fairland

Post by mattash »

Fairlands good, just can't match the depth of Ironton.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:44 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:13 pm Wow , didn’t expect that. Maybe Jackson’s effort wasn’t bad as most thought.
Watched some of the scoring plays on YouTube after the game and you could see the Fairland players half heartedly try to chase Terry once he got past them, could’ve stopped one or two of them but they looked defeated after the 4th Ironton td.
They were wore down

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

That’s good to know! Thanks you!
TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:41 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:10 pm Terry is Wow ….Special!!

If I heard correctly, they are keeping Portsmouth, Gallia Academy and Fairland on their scheduling.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:41 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 am

Its sad Ironton has to schedule schools like this because you ovc clowns get butthurt over getting beat like a drum now! A few years ago you all wanted a shot at Ironton. Ironton isn’t the ovc’s problem. The problem is you dont point the finger where it should be. Some of these ovc teams over the last few years have been absolutely terrible. Blame your coaching staff, not Irontons. Oh, and as for Vass. He wasn’t a very good coach. Kids were transferring to other schools from over how he ran things. It was bad
I would say the issue is more with the other schools not having the same *recruiting* staff. Yeah. I'll say it. We're all aware of it.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 a solid program and good coach doesn’t need to recruit! Kids want to transfer and be part of the tradition!
Yeah, I'm sure kids just magically wanted to go to a program that went what? 4-6? 3-7 before Pendleton got there? And he was what? 6-5 his first year? You probably believe Jimbo Fisher recruited the best class ever (after going 4-8 at Texas A&M) through totally legitimate means.

I've got some oceanfront property in Montana, if you're looking to buy!

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:21 pm

Yeah, I'm sure kids just magically wanted to go to a program that went what? 4-6? 3-7 before Pendleton got there? And he was what? 6-5 his first year? You probably believe Jimbo Fisher recruited the best class ever (after going 4-8 at Texas A&M) through totally legitimate means.

Jimbo Fisher never won anything. This guy has been to what? three title games on 6 years? Gallia has done what? You guys party when you beat point pleasant. you are an embarrassment to court street

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:54 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:05 pm Why would they go to Gallia? Truth, justice, and The American Way!

Why would they go to Ironton? RECRUITING!!
I think it worked just fine tonight. Gallia thumped Point Pleasant, Frankenstein. Week 9 should shut you Tiger fans up for a bit.
I just hope no one gets hurt in taft embarrassment of a facilty you have in week 9. just have the stevie evans sausages warmed up and try to hang on to
a playoff spot. don’t drink too
much tonight.. I know the point pleasant win is huge these days. I still remember when Gallia had some pride

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:43 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:54 pm

I just hope no one gets hurt in that embarrassment of a facilty you have in week 9. just have the stevie evans sausages warmed up and try to hang on to
a playoff spot. don’t drink too
much tonight.. I know the point pleasant win is huge these days. I still remember when Gallia had some pride

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:39 pm

Jimbo Fisher never won anything. This guy has been to what? three title games on 6 years? Gallia has done what? You guys party when you beat point pleasant. you are an embarrassment to court street
>"Jimbo Fisher never won anything."

First of all, he won a national title at Florida State, so you're wrong on that part

>"This guy has been to what? Three title games in six years?"

Did he win? ..........crickets.........

Ironton has the exact same number of state titles in the last six years as Gallia does. Second place is first loser.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:48 pm
Paulcrew wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:39 pm

>"Jimbo Fisher never won anything."

First of all, he won a national title at Florida State, so you're wrong on that part

>"This guy has been to what? Three title games in six years?"

Did he win? ..........crickets.........

Ironton has the exact same number of state titles in the last six years as Gallia does. Second place is first loser.
Chew on that a while, bud. Hopefully the Tigers are healthy by week 9 so there won't be any excuses from you or any of the other Tigertown slappies when Gallia takes the league crown. If I'm wrong, I will gladly have that whole humble pie to myself. Good luck til then.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

TheIronBoy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:47 pm Their is just simply a huge skill gap between these too teams. Fairland is SEO good- Ironton is ALL of Ohio good. Gimme Ironton by 28.
Ironton is not all Ohio good

Return to “Football”