Rest in Peace, Brad Morris (Circleville Herald / SportingPumpkin.com)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Rest in Peace, Brad Morris (Circleville Herald / SportingPumpkin.com)

Post by formerfcfan »

per Tom Wilson of the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette, longtime south Central Ohio sportswriter Brad Morris passed away last night.

Brad was, indisputably, a fantastic individual. A sportswriter at the Circleville Herald from 2004 to 2020, Brad continued to carry the torch of service to his community when he teamed up with John Howley, and other good actors, in forming Sporting Pumpkin — an independent outlet that provided fantastic breadth and depth to the student-athletes of Amanda-Clearcreek, Circleville, Logan Elm, New Hope Christian, Teays Valley and Westfall High Schools.

Brad’s positive impact on many lives cannot be overstated. The sum total of all stories he wrote over the years could span one end of the earth to the other, with depth that could reach the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and quality that rivaled that of all geographic wonders man could have the privilege of witnessing.

Brad was a proud Logan Elm Brave, but he extended that charity and high spirit to all schools in the Circleville area — as rivalry was secondary. To him, it was about the kids. Good men make impacts that are everlasting, that stand firm against the test of time. Brad was not just a good man. He was an institution.

May peace, comfort and healing come to all of those within the Amanda-Clearcreek and Pickaway County school communities, and to all of those who knew and loved Brad as a friend.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon02
Waterboy

Re: Rest in Peace, Brad Morris (Circleville Herald / SportingPumpkin.com)

Post by Falcon02 »

This one hurts. As someone who lives so far away now, I have engaged in chatter with Brad, Derrick Webb, Tom and Brock Netter. It’s always been a great way to stay connected and talk all things SE that normally involve my alma mater Fairfield Union.

I don’t know what it is… but there is a special relationship between FU and Logan Elm. I’ve always respected the people at LE and love their passion for the school and the fun and great competition between our schools. So people like Brad, the Evan’s family.. just great great people.

Brad also shared my love for the reds and buckeyes and we’d DM on Twitter and talk trash about those teams or laugh about things.

Just a great great man, and I’m so sad to hear this news this morning.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Falcon02 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:34 am This one hurts. As someone who lives so far away now, I have engaged in chatter with Brad, Derrick Webb, Tom and Brock Netter. It’s always been a great way to stay connected and talk all things SE that normally involve my alma mater Fairfield Union.

I don’t know what it is… but there is a special relationship between FU and Logan Elm. I’ve always respected the people at LE and love their passion for the school and the fun and great competition between our schools. So people like Brad, the Evan’s family.. just great great people.

Brad also shared my love for the reds and buckeyes and we’d DM on Twitter and talk trash about those teams or laugh about things.

Just a great great man, and I’m so sad to hear this news this morning.
No doubt, my brother.

As great of a sportswriter Brad was, he was an even better soul. One of the best Buckeye fans imaginable, yes, and a true fan of the Reds indeed.

Of all the human beings I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know and form a relationship with through the avenue of high school sports, Brad’s my first pick. Intelligent and caring, thoughtful and sincere; hilarious and artful, perceptive and wise. Brad was a great person to talk to about anything. In times where so many topics under the sun are often discussed with no nuance or balance, Brad was more than willing to have thoughtful discussion and grounded debate.

On other topics, he enjoyed hearing different traditions and viewpoints on things like religion: I remember one of the best conversations I’ve had in my life was talking about the Good Book with him, with thoughtful conversation over the Old and New Testaments as it related to not just the impact of the parables but also how similar-and-different our respective denominations incorporated the Bible. I’m Catholic, and Brad was a Methodist. What parts of the Bible were emphasized, what roles that different sections served in our spirituality and in what ways we saw readings intended to be literal versus allegorical.

It was a pleasure to know of Brad and his impact to so many kids, and it was a gift to know Brad and what covering the kids meant to him. I’m going to miss that good man, and scores of souls closer to his immediate impact will miss the institution that was Brad.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

RIP

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

RIP

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

RIP

I’m pretty sure he’s the guy who post the schedules as soon as the seasons over :(

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

RIP

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

This one hurts, a lot, Brad Morris - bman - here on SEOPs ... my go to guy from the Northwest Territories for all things involving Logan Elm, Circleville, Westfall etc, etc, etc, ... I have known bman for as long as I have been on SEOPs ... as we both searched out each other when covering hoops in the Northwest Territories - Logan Elm, Circleville, the Convo when teams in the MSL were present ... such a great guy, excellent writer, and photographer ... in March Brad, bman wrote the great tribute to Coach Doug Stiverson who retired the reigns at Logan Elm ... I'm still in shock, full of sadness losing such a great friend in sports ... my deepest condolences to the family, his many,many friends, both personal and in sports - pfloyd

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

RIP

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Rip bman

Go Blue
BeatOfTheSEOhio
Waterboy

Post by BeatOfTheSEOhio »

If anyone is interested, here is Brad's obituary:

https://www.wellmanfuneralhomes.com/obi ... rad-Morris

A Celebration of Life will take place from 2-4 p.m. Sunday, September 17th at Spangler Memorial Gymnasium. For those unfamiliar, it is the location of McDowell Exchange School and where the high school volleyball and basketball contests took place. The high school was demolished in the summer, but McDowell is still up.

Return to “Football”