September 8, 2023 Ironton 21 - 35 Cabell Midland (WV)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Ironton v/s cabell midland

Post by VetteMan »

Rza1 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:12 am
VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:50 pm I know very little about West Virginia high schools. Is Cabell Midland a consolidation of a couple other West Virginia high schools in years past?
Yes. Barboursville and Milton.. mid 90's.. around same time as huntington high
Thank you very much.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

fielddaddy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:32 am Ironton has to improve the exchange between Center and QB stop the silly penalties.
Ironton has improved from week one greatly and has shown they have speed to burn I believe we have yet to see the best of them still.
QB is throwing better and the line is improving for him in it's pass blocking.
I will go with Ironton in a tough one 28-20
They made a switch at center for fairland game. Little rough at first but they got it going

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:50 pm I know very little about West Virginia high schools. Is Cabell Midland a consolidation of a couple other West Virginia high schools in years past?
Yes, they combined 3 schools to make midland from what a guy told me i work with. He graduated from midland

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

I don’t like seeing other states win vs ohio teams but I think the knights take this one.

It should be close tho but this is going to be like playing a d1 Ohio school for the tigers.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:35 am
Yes, they combined 3 schools to make midland from what a guy told me i work with. He graduated from midland
Thank you.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:47 am
Thank you.
I thought Barboursville HS and Milton HS combined to make Midland.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bird Dog wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:02 pm

Thank you.
When did Cabell Midland High School Open?
Cabell Midland High School/Founded
Overview. The school serves students predominantly from the eastern part of Cabell County from Barboursville Middle School and Milton Middle School. The building was constructed in 1994 through of the consolidation of Barboursville High School and Milton High School.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:51 pm

Thank you.
When did Cabell Midland High School Open?
Cabell Midland High School/Founded
Overview. The school serves students predominantly from the eastern part of Cabell County from Barboursville Middle School and Milton Middle School. The building was constructed in 1994 through of the consolidation of Barboursville High School and Milton High School.
Thanks for all the Information.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Thank you.
Might be true, he told me 3 schools

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

The three school consolidation was spring valley. Ck, Vinsonand Buffalo Wayne combined to make Spring Valley

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabell_ ... igh_School All you want to know about the history of Cabell Midland

Not a lot is speculation on this games outcome which is probably the way it should be. I know Ironton fans expect to win every game we play (I know I sure do) but that's thinking with our heart and not our head. The truth is we have not much to go on. The small margin of victory over 0 - 2 Spring Valley (28-20) provides a measure of confidence in a Tiger victory. Spring Valley also lost to Huntington High 42 - 7.

I anticipate a huge crowd for this game. Warning fans, and especially those who are just curious and have no allegiance to either school especially, that there will be long lines at limited ticket boxes might put many off who don't want to buy online or ahead of time. That's a shame.

Gorgeous weather prediction and abundant seating will be great! What a treat for the teams to play at Joan Edwards too.

Addendum: Spring Valley HS has 1,012 students. Huntington High defeated S Charleston last week, 86 - 0

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Mr Shifty wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:56 am https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabell_ ... igh_School All you want to know about the history of Cabell Midland

Not a lot is speculation on this games outcome which is probably the way it should be. I know Ironton fans expect to win every game we play (I know I sure do) but that's thinking with our heart and not our head. The truth is we have not much to go on. The small margin of victory over 0 - 2 Spring Valley (28-20) provides a measure of confidence in a Tiger victory. Spring Valley also lost to Huntington High 42 - 7.

I anticipate a huge crowd for this game. Warning fans, and especially those who are just curious and have no allegiance to either school especially, that there will be long lines at limited ticket boxes might put many off who don't want to buy online or ahead of time. That's a shame.

Gorgeous weather prediction and abundant seating will be great! What a treat for the teams to play at Joan Edwards too.

Addendum: Spring Valley HS has 1,012 students. Huntington High defeated S Charleston last week, 86 - 0

The Spring Valley Cabell-Midland game is a fierce rivalry so that could indicate such a close game. Huntington on the other hand may be the the best team in WV. And South Charleston could be one of the worst teams in the state, Morgantown beat them 65-0 also. Cabell-Midland will be tough no matter what they are DEEP on both the offensive and defensive lines, a big barometer for Ironton as they struggle late into the playoffs on both sides of the line

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

If ironton doesn’t have the TO or penalty bug and they figure out the exchange issues, I see them turning this into a 3 score game. 38-20 I think the tigers control the LOS and live in the CM backfield.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

Ironton and Cabell Midland have Played 2 Times in The Past.

1996 Ironton Won 32-0
1997 Cabell Midland Won 35-28

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
BigBelliedBob
Waterboy

Post by BigBelliedBob »

If Ironton wins, they’ll be the self-proclaimed “King of the Tri-State.” Midland wins, there will be nothing but excuses spewed from the mouths of Fight’n Tiger fans.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

BigBelliedBob wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:13 pm If Ironton wins, they’ll be the self-proclaimed “King of the Tri-State.” Midland wins, there will be nothing but excuses spewed from the mouths of Fight’n Tiger fans.

Huntington would house Ironton

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

If Ironton plays a clean game I think they win by two touchdowns. West Virginia fb is not on the same level as oh

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I don’t think you can discount the size difference between the schools. No matter the states, a school with 400 kids beating a school with 2000 kids is tough. Especially one with a quality program like Cabell Midland. Ironton can do it, but it won’t be easy and it’s tough for me to see them as any kind of big favorite.

Ironton has been explosive offensively through three games, but that explosion has been Terry only against varsity competition. If Cabell limits Terry, can Ironton sustain drives? I think so, but it will mistake free drives. Not exactly Ironton’s speciality.

Ironton should hold up defensively, but this defense isn’t anywhere near elite. They are strong up front but aren’t supremely athletic in the back end. They’ll need a big effort from the line to keep Midland’s back from getting going or it could be a long night of 10 to 12 play drives.

Gallia very well could be 8-0 come Week 9, and would have a real shot against Ironton, but this should be looked at as a playoff preview type game for the Tigers. Win big and regional title hopes and more look possible. Lose and it kills a lot of early season momentum and will leave some doubt come neutral site season.

Auntyjp
Waterboy

Post by Auntyjp »

Vinton County coach Tj Carper was the DB coach at Midland before coming to VC. They’ve been pretty good over the years

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

As I said earlier,Ironton comfortably.Unless they turn the ball numerous times.

Return to “Football”