Minford vs. Oak Hill game CANCELLED

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Re: Minford vs. Oak Hill game CANCELLED

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Just pack it up and do away with sports altogether... that's the way it sounds from some. The others are taking the Northwest approach and if they can't compete in SOC 2 then drop down and beat up on the smaller SOC 1 schools to boost the morale. If you can't compete with the same size schools it might be time to figure out why. Numbers? Okay, drop the sport, unfortunately. Coach? Good-bye... Quit taking the easy route and figure out why your numbers are so low and deal with it.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:20 am Just pack it up and do away with sports altogether... that's the way it sounds from some. The others are taking the Northwest approach and if they can't compete in SOC 2 then drop down and beat up on the smaller SOC 1 schools to boost the morale. If you can't compete with the same size schools it might be time to figure out why. Numbers? Okay, drop the sport, unfortunately. Coach? Good-bye... Quit taking the easy route and figure out why your numbers are so low and deal with it.
I honestly feel like it was the lack of rec or elementary ball for so long. A lot of the kids playing now had nothing before middle school and I feel like that killed any chance of numbers or success with the low numbers they do have.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

If Oak Hill is having trouble fielding a team this year it’s probably a good thing for Minford. Harbin points are averaged out so beating a one or two win team is sometimes worse than not playing and dropping your divisors.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:10 pm What does that do for Minford when it comes to computer points? Is it the same as if they would have played and won?
It just lowers their total divisor, so it's not that big of a deal except for the Seniors.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out with Oak Hill, keeping in mind they were pushing extremely hard against the powers to be in SOC that they weren't going to be playing certain league games.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

I hope Minford found a game especially for the seniors. If I was South Gallia I would be pressing Oak Hill to give them a decision soon if they will be playing next week. That way SG can find a potential replacement.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

LoyalOak wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:44 am
BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:20 am Just pack it up and do away with sports altogether... that's the way it sounds from some. The others are taking the Northwest approach and if they can't compete in SOC 2 then drop down and beat up on the smaller SOC 1 schools to boost the morale. If you can't compete with the same size schools it might be time to figure out why. Numbers? Okay, drop the sport, unfortunately. Coach? Good-bye... Quit taking the easy route and figure out why your numbers are so low and deal with it.
I honestly feel like it was the lack of rec or elementary ball for so long. A lot of the kids playing now had nothing before middle school and I feel like that killed any chance of numbers or success with the low numbers they do have.
They not have a youth program?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Shane Falco wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:04 pm I hope Minford found a game especially for the seniors. If I was South Gallia I would be pressing Oak Hill to give them a decision soon if they will be playing next week. That way SG can find a potential replacement.
I’d be willing to make a wager that says Oak Hill will be playing the SG game. I heard this game was Minford’s homecoming game and it got pushed back to October.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I just feel bad for Minford having to play the Pirates on their homecoming now. Ouch.

WWE HALL OF FAME
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:47 pm It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out with Oak Hill, keeping in mind they were pushing extremely hard against the powers to be in SOC that they weren't going to be playing certain league games.
I am pretty sure you are thinking of NORTHWEST. They were the ones who were going to pay out the league teams not to play. That was in the spring. Also, Oak Hill has always had a Rec/Pee Wee team in football. They use to play in the OVC then moved to the TVC league. Not sure who or where they are playing now.

If players are hurt there really shouldnt even be a discussion of playing or not playing. Hurt is Hurt. However, if they are all of a sudden healthy for SG Then all of sudden hurt again for the remainder of the schedule then there is a flaw in the slaw.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:47 pm It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out with Oak Hill, keeping in mind they were pushing extremely hard against the powers to be in SOC that they weren't going to be playing certain league games.
I am pretty sure you are thinking of NORTHWEST. They were the ones who were going to pay out the league teams not to play. That was in the spring. Also, Oak Hill has always had a Rec/Pee Wee team in football. They use to play in the OVC then moved to the TVC league. Not sure who or where they are playing now.

If players are hurt there really shouldnt even be a discussion of playing or not playing. Hurt is Hurt. However, if they are all of a sudden healthy for SG Then all of sudden hurt again for the remainder of the schedule then there is a flaw in the slaw.
Nope both teams were trying to force their way out during the summer. NORTHWEST was the one trying to get the school board to pay the fine for not playing certain SOC2 teams. Oak Hill was trying to force the SOC to change things up by talking about not playing certain SOC teams as well only they didn’t go as far to get the school board to pay the fine where NW did.

Looking on maxpreps it’s saying they have 25 players could’ve lost some could’ve gained some, if it’s legit guess we’ll find out I’m sure they have injuries most teams do. I watched a Green team finish out a season with what 16 kids. We’ll see what happens but don’t get it twisted both teams were trying to get out. Certain parent at NW made the comment they didn’t want their kid to be a punching bag for teams. A northwest team fielding 40 plus players doesn’t want that but they had no problems beating on SOC1 teams fielding 17-21 players if healthy and a bunch of DVII schools. Pretty hypocritical honestly.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:28 pm
LoyalOak wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:44 am
They not have a youth program?
5-6th grades have played for a few years only against river valley and south gallia. They finally are playing multiple schools at that level this year.
1-4 just started all youth sports with a rec league last year.
So it’ll take some time to build up any sports again

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:47 pmMinford offered to play the JV friday night, just to be able to have homecoming !! It was turned down .

Nope both teams were trying to force their way out during the summer. NORTHWEST was the one trying to get the school board to pay the fine for not playing certain SOC2 teams. Oak Hill was trying to force the SOC to change things up by talking about not playing certain SOC teams as well only they didn’t go as far to get the school board to pay the fine where NW did.

Looking on maxpreps it’s saying they have 25 players could’ve lost some could’ve gained some, if it’s legit guess we’ll find out I’m sure they have injuries most teams do. I watched a Green team finish out a season with what 16 kids. We’ll see what happens but don’t get it twisted both teams were trying to get out. Certain parent at NW made the comment they didn’t want their kid to be a punching bag for teams. A northwest team fielding 40 plus players doesn’t want that but they had no problems beating on SOC1 teams fielding 17-21 players if healthy and a bunch of DVII schools. Pretty hypocritical honestly.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:47 pm

Definitely hypocritical.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford will benefit from not playing this game. This is due to Oak Hill will most likely be a 0-10 team.

In regards to playoff rankings, a team will need to win at least 3 games to break even. Usually, it takes 4 wins by an opponent for them to be beneficial. Minford's divisor will be lowered to 90 and not playing this game will help in their final playoff rankings.
Good week to heal up and to iron out some wrinkles to get ready for the SOCII.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”