September 15, 2023 South Point 8 - 42 Ironton

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: September 15, 2023 South Point - Ironton

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

GoBigI wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:03 am
Bfan99 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:31 am
GoBigI wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:24 pm After watching Ironton practice today, I realize they are NOT going to try anyone else at the center position so they will live and die by the bad snap/bad blocking combination. You can’t tell me there aren’t better options at center on the sidelines, even if it happens to be a freshman. Swallow the ego and find a center! Your QB deserves that much!
I might be mistaken but I thought the snaps vs CM was good? The fumbles came when the QB scrambled. Ironton was down a lineman vs CM due to injury and has played 4 different centers this year already. Gossett the D1 lineman was the center vs CM and he played center last year. Having played 4 centers already might be a QB issue not a center

When a 6’4” QB has to use his vertical to control most snaps, the problem is the center. The D1 lineman, as you’ve called him, was the center most of the game at Cabell and at practice Tuesday. Practice was as bad or worse than at Cabell. The D1 lineman has not played like a starting offensive lineman at Ironton thus far. The snaps are just the start of his problems and he is not the only one. They need to try some different linemen before Gallia and the playoffs. This line isn’t cutting it and judging by this post and others I’m not the only one who sees it.
I love my Tigers but the town and fanbase are TOXIC. Sounds like the a typical Ironton approach. Privately ignore the problems. Publicly insist there isnt a problem. Ride that wave til the problems costs you an L. Then make excuses.

And so it goes.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

GoBigI wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:24 pm After watching Ironton practice today, I realize they are NOT going to try anyone else at the center position so they will live and die by the bad snap/bad blocking combination. You can’t tell me there aren’t better options at center on the sidelines, even if it happens to be a freshman. Swallow the ego and find a center! Your QB deserves that much!
I might be mistaken but I thought the snaps vs CM was good? The fumbles came when the QB scrambled. Ironton was down a lineman vs CM due to injury and has played 4 different centers this year already. Gossett the D1 lineman was the center vs CM and he played center last year. Having played 4 centers already might be a QB issue not a center

When a 6’4” QB has to use his vertical to control most snaps, the problem is the center. The D1 lineman, as you’ve called him, was the center most of the game at Cabell and at practice Tuesday. Practice was as bad or worse than at Cabell. The D1 lineman has not played like a starting offensive lineman at Ironton thus far. The snaps are just the start of his problems and he is not the only one. They need to try some different linemen before Gallia and the playoffs. This line isn’t cutting it and judging by this post and others I’m not the only one who sees it.
Bingo 🎯

94Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 94Tiger »

Does South Point stream football games?

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:59 pm

Bingo 🎯
What’s the solution? I’ve stated before they have switched between 4 centers. I have 100% faith that coach Walt knows his best lineman. If a freshman is better than any senior or junior he would be playing. There is no favoritism being played by the coaching staff. Maybe show up to practice and ask the Oline coach what’s going on? But I guess it’s easier to get on here and complain. Just Like you said the fan base is TOXIC

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Ironton had 48 Offensive snaps. I counted 2-3 snaps that was arguably bad (high or low) but the QB still was able to catch the ball cleanly. Go rewatch the film and watch the OLine gaurds, that’s the problem with the Oline.

joeshmo
Waterboy

Post by joeshmo »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:29 am Ironton had 48 Offensive snaps. I counted 2-3 snaps that was arguably bad (high or low) but the QB still was able to catch the ball cleanly. Go rewatch the film and watch the OLine gaurds, that’s the problem with the Oline.
I did notice the Ironton gaurds struggling vs Midland, but the LB crew for Midland was lights out with 3 college players, I doubt you see that talent anymore until deep in the playoffs

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Is this game going to be broadcast on my town t v ?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Mytowntv isn't streaming this game per the schedule. Should be on WIRO radio.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

No Audio!

Per Usual, the Iheart ItonTon crew is best for audio, & ic ya wanna watch, The above link supplies Eyez!!!

#GoTgo

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Wow.
Thacker throwz dime to schreck (sp) to 9.

Back up tyler carmon running hard to yhe 4.

QB runs it in.

Thacker getting strong leg work.
For TD!!

14-zip IHS

#GoTgo

Return to “Football”