The BIG STAGE is KRYPTONITE for Fighting Tigers

BigSpoon
JV Team

Re: The BIG STAGE is KRYPTONITE for Fighting Tigers

Post by BigSpoon »

Midland beat Ironton by 13! It wasn’t a blowout and it could have went either way. Both teams played well. Midland scored off of Irontons turnovers and that was the difference. Midland is loaded this year and next year the Tigers might get some revenge

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:20 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:32 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:40 pm

Vs Midland at Marshall Univ, a top 5 big school wv conf team loaded w D1 commits is the big stage.

A 1st or 2nd rnd playoff game vs Wellston. Not so much. School of the blind.
As you know, Ironton has made it way past the first 2 rounds in 3 of the last 4 years. They weren’t playing “Wellston or the school of the blind” as you say to reach the championship game each of those years lol. Ironton scheduled a Big school to get better, learn and to prepare them for the playoffs and you still gripe because they got beat, it’ll only make them better in the long run. Wait until next years schedule comes out, we probably won’t win every game, but we’ll be a lot better off for playing a tougher schedule.
No doubt some water-boy that never played a down of football in his life. He surely got picked on by the real players back when he was in school in the 1990’s. Now he lives in mommy’s basement and spends countless hours on the internet researching Ironton and SEO football so he can get back at them with posts on social media. I’ve seen him on here with multiple usernames. He is entertaining though, but embarrassingly transparent. :mrgreen:
Exactly Donnie. Good point.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Harvest Prep just lost on the “big stage”, that’s just terrible. What do you think BTWNTHE?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:30 am Harvest Prep just lost on the “big stage”, that’s just terrible. What do you think BTWNTHE?
Although I think BTWNTHE is being hard on IHS for the loss to Midland, I get his point.

Example: a few weeks back Coldwater played Bellefontaine who has a QB considered one of the best in the country that has already committed to OSU. Coldwater was the underdog but still found a way to pull out the win.

Not to speak for BTWNTHE, but I believe that’s what he means by “stepping up on the big stage. Can IHS or Burg step up with teams like Coldwater? I know last time Burg played them, the answer was a resounding “NO.”

https://pressprosmagazine.com/2023/08/2 ... -st-clair/

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:26 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:24 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:22 pm

Lol. Nice shot taken on the Burg there, comparing them to your "lowly" OVC competition. Truth is, if you didn't have outside transfer help, especially Terry, you lose that game to Burg, badly. Ironton fans are finding fault with their lineman, when they would struggle this year without the transfer of skilled kids. That well is going to run dry, and then you will hear silence on this board because transfers don't equate to winning big games.
The OVC swept the SOC week one right?
What's your point in regards to my post?

As you can see by the lack of response, @BTWNTHE__ does not have points, although disguised as so-

Post ofter Post.

Topic after Topic.

TRUTHFULLY, the offerings are ALL VERBAL JABS!!!

IMO.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL RIVER RAT FOOTBALL PLAYERS, FANS, FAMILIES, ETC.

I am rooting 4us:

The SHORT
The CHUBBY.
The DISABLED
The BAD GENES

OF

River
Rat
FOOTBALL!

Proud to be one of them!

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:49 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:30 am Harvest Prep just lost on the “big stage”, that’s just terrible. What do you think BTWNTHE?
Although I think BTWNTHE is being hard on IHS for the loss to Midland, I get his point.

Example: a few weeks back Coldwater played Bellefontaine who has a QB considered one of the best in the country that has already committed to OSU. Coldwater was the underdog but still found a way to pull out the win.

Not to speak for BTWNTHE, but I believe that’s what he means by “stepping up on the big stage. Can IHS or Burg step up with teams like Coldwater? I know last time Burg played them, the answer was a resounding “NO.”

Saw awhile back someone asking you about using both usernames to post and argue with yourself. Looks like you wisely changed up and are now agreeing with yourself. :mrgreen:

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am
RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:49 am

Saw awhile back someone asking you about using both usernames to post and argue with yourself. Looks like you wisely changed up and are now agreeing with yourself. :mrgreen:
Sorry, I am one person with one user name. Grew up in and graduated from Wheelersburg. Can give lots of Burg details if you want evidence. Don’t live in Burg now but lots of family and friends do. Still support the school and listen to games on Burgfan.

BTWNTHE, as far as I can tell, went to Ironton. Few details I can give you about that school, although I did know some IHS kids from college.

This theory that we are the same person is funny but not true.

Return to “Football”