Ironton "Play anyone" but West, "Play anywhere" but the Westside

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Ironton "Play anyone" but West, "Play anywhere" but the Westside

Post by XandOs »

Hoopster98 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:59 pm Immature adults are ruining youth sports and will eventually ruin high school sports. Adults trying to relive their high school playing days. This is a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM not PEE WEE. I agree with CoachC, all coaches should have to do certification just like high school coaches, reguardless if they are volunteer. I would not want my kid around someone who is not a good influence. I would love to see high school coaches pick pee wee coaches. Does anybody knows if that is done around here?
I believe Ironton and Wheelersburg HS programs run their pee wee and pick the coaches.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I believe that in the state of Ohio you do have to have a coaching certificate and cpr and concussion protocol.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

XandOs wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:01 pm
Hoopster98 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:59 pm Immature adults are ruining youth sports and will eventually ruin high school sports. Adults trying to relive their high school playing days. This is a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM not PEE WEE. I agree with CoachC, all coaches should have to do certification just like high school coaches, reguardless if they are volunteer. I would not want my kid around someone who is not a good influence. I would love to see high school coaches pick pee wee coaches. Does anybody knows if that is done around here?
I believe Ironton and Wheelersburg HS programs run their pee wee and pick the coaches.
Didn’t Pendleton try to change Ironton to an inner leagued peewee like Wheelersburg and was told no?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:15 am
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:31 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:54 am

Well, let's just hear what all you heard then and start comparing some notes. Because it's sounding like West is saying one thing and Ironton is calling BS on what they're saying. Also nothing would surprise me when it comes to West on this subject few years back the league they were in, still could be the same one no idea, was trying to get smaller schools with smaller schools and bigger ones playing bigger ones. The West HC at the time said, "well, I just don't know that I have the numbers and I think we should be playing the small schools." Wish granted but only to come to find out the guy had 4-300 lbs on his team, yes you heard that correctly well one was 295, and they had 20 plus kids on a 6th grade team. His other coaches didn't know he done this and the teams they were playing all said NO, not happening and the SOC1 schools formed their own league. When the other coaches at the meeting found out he had said this they were shocked and said no way we should be playing the bigger schools and they actually apologized meanwhile the guy who done it wasn't there. Guess what I'm getting at is yeah, ppl can do some shady stuff and in this case it was the HC being shady and not informing his other coaches of what he was doing meanwhile they were getting the brunt end of his lies.
I don’t know where you get your sources from but you are wildly wrong on everything you ever post pertaining to west.
:lol: :lol: Given that I was there at the meetings and spoke to the West coaches, who like I said didn't down play their team actually pretty nice guys as we had already played them, yeah it's legit.

What year are you referring too?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:30 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:15 am
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:31 am

I don’t know where you get your sources from but you are wildly wrong on everything you ever post pertaining to west.
:lol: :lol: Given that I was there at the meetings and spoke to the West coaches, who like I said didn't down play their team actually pretty nice guys as we had already played them, yeah it's legit.

What year are you referring too?
Oh gosh, 6 years ago or so the big guys on West line that are juniors it would’ve been when they were in 6th grade. Would be the first year the SOC1 schools left during the season and started their own league. Think they’ve added some teams since then, not involved now so not sure on that part.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

No affiliation with the peewee but West hasn’t fielded a team with any 300 pound kids in recent memory, let alone 4.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:44 pm No affiliation with the peewee but West hasn’t fielded a team with any 300 pound kids in recent memory, let alone 4.
So you weren’t there at weigh ins? Gotcha and you didn’t hear it from the ones in charge of the weigh ins gotcha. Also didn’t see the players then either? There’s a theme here.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:21 pm [quote=Westfan post_id=2081276 time=<a href="tel:1696549442">1696549442</a> user_id=249]
No affiliation with the peewee but West hasn’t fielded a team with any 300 pound kids in recent memory, let alone 4.
So you weren’t there at weigh ins? Gotcha and you didn’t hear it from the ones in charge of the weigh ins gotcha. Also didn’t see the players then either? There’s a theme here.
[/quote]

Lol
Just think about what you’re saying. 4 - 300 pound kids. That’s stupid

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 am
greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:21 pm [quote=Westfan post_id=2081276 time=<a href="tel:1696549442">1696549442</a> user_id=249]
Lol
[/quote]

Actually I think the only thing stupid in this conversation would be yourself, I mean you're seriously like you have knowledge on the matter when you've already said you have no affiliation with it. Yet, here I was THERE and you're trying to say it didn't happen, it was 6 years ago take a look at your roster for those juniors buddy. Only thing stupid here is the guy with NO KNOWLEDGE what so ever on the subject trying to say nah that didn't happen to the guy who was THERE. That is freakin hilarious. :lol: :lol: Oh wow thanks I needed that there's some good West posters on here but if you only feel like you want to ignore facts and go on what you think, then you my friend are some kind of special.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:42 am
Westfan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 am
Lol
Actually I think the only thing stupid in this conversation would be yourself, I mean you're seriously like you have knowledge on the matter when you've already said you have no affiliation with it. Yet, here I was THERE and you're trying to say it didn't happen, it was 6 years ago take a look at your roster for those juniors buddy. Only thing stupid here is the guy with NO KNOWLEDGE what so ever on the subject trying to say nah that didn't happen to the guy who was THERE. That is freakin hilarious. :lol: :lol: Oh wow thanks I needed that there's some good West posters on here but if you only feel like you want to ignore facts and go on what you think, then you my friend are some kind of special.
[/quote]

Whatever
Jack Geyer #66 is huge and by far the largest kid to play for West in several years. He’s 325 now. 5 to 6 years later

No one else was or is close to him in size.

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

Ironton would beat West by 4+ scores any year lol. Why is this a thread

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Tanks3232 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:11 pm Ironton would beat West by 4+ scores any year lol. Why is this a thread
Actually Ironton vs West we win most the time. Now yes , west vs Ironton + the tri states best athletes you are right.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:21 pm
Westfan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:44 pm No affiliation with the peewee but West hasn’t fielded a team with any 300 pound kids in recent memory, let alone 4.
It's SEO. 9 times outta 10 "4 300lbs kids" means = fat, white, and slow.

Settle down. 🤣 🤣 🤣

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:52 pm

Settle down. 🤣 🤣 🤣
8-)

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:26 pm
Tanks3232 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:11 pm Ironton would beat West by 4+ scores any year lol. Why is this a thread
Actually Ironton vs West we win most the time. Now yes , west vs Ironton + the tri states best athletes you are right.
But the post is saying Ironton is scared to play West right now? When right now Ironton would win by 28+

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

:geek:
noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:55 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:52 pm

Settle down. 🤣 🤣 🤣
8-)

I mean let's be real. Need fast athletic guys in today's game. 300lbs lineman in seo is 9 times outta 10 a fat slow kid. Then they play an athletic team like Ironton for example & Ironton puts a hybrid kid w a Lil size but Speed & he beats that 300lbs kid all night. Same thing happens when seo teams head to NE ohio. A smaller, more athletic kid [ Kirtland comes to mind] smokes him all night.

If it was 1988 yes "4 300 lbs linemen" might cause me to give notice, but today, in 2023, in seo? Nah. That tells me SLOW as watching paint dry.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tanks3232 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:09 pm
But the post is saying Ironton is scared to play West right now? When right now Ironton would win by 28+
Ironton just whipped P West in the playoffs last year right? Dusted the soc Champs? 🤣

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

They are talking about pee wee. I personally don’t really care all that much. But whoever made this post isn’t wrong. Irontons pee wee league posts on Facebook everyday they will play anyone anywhere anytime. They lost quite a few games to west the first go around. Now I’m not very involved and don’t put a whole lot into that, but maybe it doesn’t look great for their brand if they are getting beat. Once again it’s not really my topic, but it was directed towards the youth leagues.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:25 pm

Ironton just whipped P West in the playoffs last year right? Dusted the soc Champs? 🤣
This post is regarding pee wee. Once again, not my post and not my argument. I’m not saying pee wee equates to high school at all so don’t run with that. I’m just stating that in youth leagues, West has had Irontons number. All I’m saying

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Pee Wee is just that it's not about winning it's about kids learning the game.
And that is all it is.
If parents can't behave then why play that team.

Return to “Football”