Bring on the Ashland tomcats

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Bring on the Ashland tomcats

Post by I-TownFanatic »

I'm sick of them running their mouth. Ironton would smack them all the way across the bridge.

Can't stop a moving train. Make this game happen.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Re: Bring on the Ashland tomcats

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Nothing would make me happier than to get the kittens back on schedule...
The whiners in charge @ Ashland will never agree..
besides..."It's Just Ashland" :lol:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bring on the Ashland tomcats, sounds like Irontons recruiting pitch to their players😂

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:04 am Bring on the Ashland tomcats, sounds like Irontons recruiting pitch to their players😂
Big difference between recruiting and a kid wanting to change schools to enhance their abilities and increase their chance at a collage scholarship..

Go Big I

WinnerWinner
Waterboy

Post by WinnerWinner »

I just wish someone would take responsibility for this series not being picked back up. Both cities blame the other side for backing out. I really think that this year's teams would be a heck of a game. The last couple years would've probably been blowouts Irontons way.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

WinnerWinner wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:13 pm I just wish someone would take responsibility for this series not being picked back up. Both cities blame the other side for backing out. I really think that this year's teams would be a heck of a game. The last couple years would've probably been blowouts Irontons way.
Great post. Shame these two are not playing each other. Game is bigger than those responsible for not playing.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Love my Tigers but gotta point some things out.

Pendleton is a goose egg in the W column vs Ashland. I believe he is 0 - 2. Reid Carrico graduated I believe 0 - 3 vs Ashland.

Over the last five years or so two teams have closed the door on Ironton in all of their meetings.

Kirtland and Ashland.

It'd be a very good matchup and again would be similar to Ironton vs Cabell Midland as Paul Blazer is also a much larger school than Ironton per enrollment. And Ashland handled George Washington who is also a larger school who was also defeated by Midland who is a conference opponent.

Very intriguing match up. Now that Ironton is headed toward being independent again Ironton should play Ashland and Huntington every year.

Sidenote: 4 best teams in tri state goes like this.

1. Huntington
2. Midland
And then Ironton/Ashland at 3 and 4 in whatever order because it's very close. West Virginia is on top this year in the tri state however. That Midland Huntington game is going to be the biggest game in the tri state this season. Both ABSOLUTELY LOADED big school teams with a TON of support and very solid coaching staffs.

I don't think Ironton or Ashland want any part of Huntington

a-trainsalomone
Riding the Bench

Post by a-trainsalomone »

They need to face Ironton off the get go to challenge themselves by upgrading the quality of their schedule right away

PVWC Sports Fanatic
KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Huntington is the best team in the Tri-State far and away. They have the best player in the area in Zah Jackson. Robby Martin is the best lineman in the area. And they got 4-5 other guys who can burn you if you key on Jackson. Defense is a great defense that would give anybody problems from the front back to the secondary.

WinnerWinner
Waterboy

Post by WinnerWinner »

KCol wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:48 pm Huntington is the best team in the Tri-State far and away. They have the best player in the area in Zah Jackson. Robby Martin is the best lineman in the area. And they got 4-5 other guys who can burn you if you key on Jackson. Defense is a great defense that would give anybody problems from the front back to the secondary.
Everyone is well aware that Huntington is the best team in the tri-state, with Cabell Midland in a close second at the moment. This isn't about that. It's about a rivalry that was lost a few years ago for reasons unknown. It's seems both fan bases want it back. The players want it back. Yes times change and Wheelersburg is their biggest rival now, but older generation in Ironton would say Ashland or Portsmouth was their Rivalry game not Wheelersburg.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

WinnerWinner wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:14 pm
KCol wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:48 pm Huntington is the best team in the Tri-State far and away. They have the best player in the area in Zah Jackson. Robby Martin is the best lineman in the area. And they got 4-5 other guys who can burn you if you key on Jackson. Defense is a great defense that would give anybody problems from the front back to the secondary.
Everyone is well aware that Huntington is the best team in the tri-state, with Cabell Midland in a close second at the moment. This isn't about that. It's about a rivalry that was lost a few years ago for reasons unknown. It's seems both fan bases want it back. The players want it back. Yes times change and Wheelersburg is their biggest rival now, but older generation in Ironton would say Ashland or Portsmouth was their Rivalry game not Wheelersburg.
Ashland will not be back on the schedule any time soon. Maybe after Pendleton moves on or retires.

Very sad given the history of this rivalry.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Would be a fun game, I liked watching games at their stadium. Really nice grass

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:38 pm Would be a fun game, I liked watching games at their stadium. Really nice grass
They are installing turf. John Clark is among those spearheading the project.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hopefully they keep the end zone style

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

I think Ironton has kids just as good. Patterson and Terry are outstanding. If Patterson was 6’5 he gets just as much p5 attention as Martin has achieved. All amazing players we are lucky to be able to watch them on Fridays. Looking forward to attending the CM and HHS game also.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

give back our players and we smoke u guys

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

CrackBack46 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:53 pm I think Ironton has kids just as good. Patterson and Terry are outstanding. If Patterson was 6’5 he gets just as much p5 attention as Martin has achieved. All amazing players we are lucky to be able to watch them on Fridays. Looking forward to attending the CM and HHS game also.
Scary Terry is awesome. He and Jackson will be fantastic at the P5 level.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Agree 100%
KCol wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:29 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:53 pm I think Ironton has kids just as good. Patterson and Terry are outstanding. If Patterson was 6’5 he gets just as much p5 attention as Martin has achieved. All amazing players we are lucky to be able to watch them on Fridays. Looking forward to attending the CM and HHS game also.
Scary Terry is awesome. He and Jackson will be fantastic at the P5 level.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

As for Putnam Stadium and the Addition of Turf. I found this information in an Article...

The artificial turf is the biggest part of the second phase, said Greg Jackson, who has served as the foundation’s committee chairman since its inception in 2008. New stadium lighting, a sound system, an LED scoreboard, a banked end zone, and a canopy for the band are among other pieces of the second phase.

So there's some more major renovations going to happen over the next year! It's an amazing stadium to watch Football games in.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

Ironton gains nothing from playing teams 3 or 4 divisions above their class. nothing but losses and injuries. the Cabell midland game did them no good and playing Ashland now the size they are would be pointless

Return to “Football”