October 20, 2023 Minford 0 - 24 Valley

Alitown
Freshman Team

Re: Rival: Valley @ Minford

Post by Alitown »

coop wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:14 pm So proud of the Valley Indians and thier effort tonight.

Congratulations and good luck next week!!!
As always, us true Indian fans miss our Friday nights with Coop!

FalconNation
Waterboy

Post by FalconNation »

Time for a complete rebuild in Muletown.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Indians on your impressive win tonight.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:30 pm That’s the best valley has played in the last 2 years. I know pica was not 100% but to keep him in check is not an easy job. The next 2 years valley will be challenging for that soc title.

There was a lot of negativity towards this team and staff early on. People didn’t realize the schedule they were playing with a most JV roster that it was gonna be a tough go. Thankfully this staff and this team didn’t listen to the noise and kept grinding. People who know anything at all can only see improvement and heart. This program has a great staff and are making huge strides!
Congratulations to these kids that kept grinding.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Alitown wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:53 pm
coop wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:14 pm So proud of the Valley Indians and thier effort tonight.

Congratulations and good luck next week!!!
As always, us true Indian fans miss our Friday nights with Coop!
Feelings are mutual....I plan to get up there at some point next fall!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: October 20, 2023 Minford 0 - 24 Valley

Post by mattash »

October 20, 2023 Minford 0 - 24 Valley

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley is at West Liberty-Salem next week

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

FalconNation wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:12 pm Time for a complete rebuild in Muletown.
It's been LONG overdue, can't believe the school sits back and watches what product these coaches put out there just shocking.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

2 programs headed in different directions. Valley has just gotten better each week. Who would’ve thought they’d be heading to playoffs after the first 2 games against Portsmouth and Coal Grove? Coach Crabtree has these kids bought all in and they look like an upper tier SOC II team next few seasons. The Powell/McNeil duo is going to be fun to watch.

As for Minford, just a letdown of a season all the way around. The atmosphere was dead out there as the players looked like they had checked out before halftime. Oddly enough, loudest crowd reaction for them was for the personal foul penalty a couple of their seniors took with about 30 seconds left in this beatdown. Don’t know if changes are in the works, but already hearing rumblings of players leaving, all the way down to their junior high level.*

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Valley improves to 3-7 overall and 3-3 in SOC II, clinching a playoff berth and no worse than an equal record to last year's team with one senior on the roster.

First victory in Battle of Lucasville-Minford Road series since COVID year of 2020 and the first victory in BLMR rivalry at Minford since 2015.

This year's 3-3 mark in SOC II play also betters Valley's 1-4 mark last year. Only win was at Oak Hill in '22, and while Northwest wasn't in conference last year they lost to Mohawks too, so Valley effectively avenged two of its three losses from 2022. Only losses this year in conference were to the three Ws, two of which would've made playoffs even in old format.

I do believe they would be able to beat Coal Grove and Piketon also if the Indians played them today instead of Weeks 2 and 3. They are MILES MILES MILES ahead of the Week 2 setback against Coal Grove, especially on defensive front.

Valley is playing really inspired football and would not be a bit surprised to see them really make some noise next year. Lot of good energy and humble confidence out of that camp right now.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

What a night to be a Valley Indian! As others have said, the positive feelings around this program is really easy to see and feel. So much credit to this coaching staff for keeping these kids bought in and pushing forward, but the kids have grown up before our eyes. Valley definitely has the right people in place!

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Great job to this student group, you have worked hard, kept your team positive and fighting all year! Congratulations to thecoaches on all the improvements this year. Next year, we should be fighting for the top in SOC with the returning classes, and a playoff run is expected......

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Don’t worry Mumford fans, your 3rd grade won the “Super Bowl” today and got Championship rings to prove it. Help is on the way!! Lol

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

But seriously, Congratulations to Nolan and his kids! Keep grindin Indians!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Always chuckle when I see per wee and junior high titles celebrated as if a group of children has conquered the world. Then, when it doesn't equate to player development and success at the high school level, the fans/parents are pissed. Look at how your pre wee and junior high programs are ran/structured. Forget titles at lower levels and emphasize the basics.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jussmypinion
Waterboy

Post by Jussmypinion »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:50 am Always chuckle when I see per wee and junior high titles celebrated as if a group of children has conquered the world. Then, when it doesn't equate to player development and success at the high school level, the fans/parents are pissed. Look at how your pre wee and junior high programs are ran/structured. Forget titles at lower levels and emphasize the basics.
Ditto! I seen a back and forth yesterday about a peewee team being undefeated and beating a team 42-0. The second poster quickly reminded them that their peewee win is cute all, but player development is non-existen beyond that level. He reminded them that their non developed junior high and high school teams got beat 52-0 and 42-23.
Made them eat crow. I chuckled a bit.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:50 am Always chuckle when I see per wee and junior high titles celebrated as if a group of children has conquered the world. Then, when it doesn't equate to player development and success at the high school level, the fans/parents are pissed. Look at how your pre wee and junior high programs are ran/structured. Forget titles at lower levels and emphasize the basics.
its an epidemic in schools with little success at the Varsity level. Minford was the first school that came to mind when I read this. Player development at the Jr High and High School level is the key thought here.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:02 am
FalconNation wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:12 pm Time for a complete rebuild in Muletown.
It's been LONG overdue, can't believe the school sits back and watches what product these coaches put out there just shocking.
Minford's Head Coach is married to the Athletic Director. That's all that needs to be said on the subject really.

Feel bad for the kids. I've heard QB1 is interested in playing soccer at Minford next season. I'd say that is probably just frustration talking after a miserable season, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him and little brother at Ironton next season.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:31 am
Minford's Head Coach is married to the Athletic Director. That's all that needs to be said on the subject really.

Feel bad for the kids. I've heard QB1 is interested in playing soccer at Minford next season. I'd say that is probably just frustration talking after a miserable season, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him and little brother at Ironton next season.
Heard weeks ago, that their QB might not play football next year, sounds like he's over it but I also don't see him not playing with his brother. I'd be SHOCKED to see either of them at Ironton sorry but if you knew the family, you'd realize this isn't even in the cards. QB worked out with Ironton's QB coach in the off-season and realized how big the difference in coaching truly was. I've heard it over and over again about HC being married to AD and if that's what the holdup is then the school board is just as guilty as accepting mediocrity. Unfortunately, for the kids they always keep having hope, but they just don't know how truly under coached they truly are. A lot of ruined teams that had potential coming through Minford.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:48 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:31 am

Heard weeks ago, that their QB might not play football next year, sounds like he's over it but I also don't see him not playing with his brother. I'd be SHOCKED to see either of them at Ironton sorry but if you knew the family, you'd realize this isn't even in the cards. QB worked out with Ironton's QB coach in the off-season and realized how big the difference in coaching truly was. I've heard it over and over again about HC being married to AD and if that's what the holdup is then the school board is just as guilty as accepting mediocrity. Unfortunately, for the kids they always keep having hope, but they just don't know how truly under coached they truly are. A lot of ruined teams that had potential coming through Minford.
I think this game in particular will be the final nail in the coffin and the board does step in. I would be willing to bet there's a new HC in Muletown next season.

As far as QB and his fam, maybe I have a bad read on the situation but seems to me that Dad's #1 priority is getting his kids to the next level. Taking them to Ironton dramatically increases those odds. The promoting of the 7th grader all over social media is cringy to me.

Return to “Football”