November 10, 2023 Ironton 14 - 20 Harvest Prep

Tri_State790
Varsity

Re: Ironton v Harvest Prep

Post by Tri_State790 »

Alumboy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:41 pm Seems like ironton lost on purpose to duck burg. Weren’t gonna be able to compete anyways.
Idk you but I imagine this being hard to understand when you hear it aloud. 🤣

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:55 pm Old enough to know that anonymously trashing kids online makes you a huge loser.
Sassy 💅

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:45 pm Awesome site we have here attacking 17 and 18 year old kids.

Prep has too many athletes for Ironton. Power run game sounds awesome if it will work. It didn’t. Ironton lined up a ton under center and ran it right at Prep. It wasn’t working. The passing game wasn’t much better given Schreck was running for his life and nobody was open. The one offensive TD was a scramble drill, not a designed play.

Sometimes the better team makes a few more plays and wins. It doesn’t have to be the coach sucks, or this kid sucks, or anything like that. It’s just one team is better than the other.

I will say Wheelersburg seems like a bad matchup for what Prep wants to do. Feels like if Wheelersburg can get Prep to make one extra mistake they’ll take it.
You can't even be normal and talk football without old tight ass sour puss like this guy taking it personal & clutching their pearls. Now he is going to run his sore vagina to the mods and cry and make all kinds of overdramatized accusations.

"Attacking" .

Smh. Unreal.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Why doesn’t ironton find A LOT more ways to get Terry the ball. Not an Ironton fan at all til they get to the playoffs. I just don’t understand why you leave a top player in the state outside all day when you can’t get him the ball. Ok, put him in the backfield a few plays. Run a wildcat a couple series. Do something to let him touch the ball since you can’t pass it to him... just my opinion from an Ironton hater til they get to the playoffs.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Friend of mine said that it got pretty sporty on the sideline after the game between Pendleton and some fans/parents. Said someone from Athens had to get between them and make the fans leave. What was that all about?

Deuce23
Waterboy

Post by Deuce23 »

Pendleton is a great motivator and gets the kids in front of college coaches but he is the worst play caller I think that i have ever seen . HP loading the box all night and we continue to try and run up the middle and QB sneaks over and over . I hate it for the kids because they work so hard and the defense played lights out the second half. Again we continued to reun QB sneaks and up the middle . Terry is one of the best players in the state and the two times tou run him in the first half its to the short side of the field and he does not touch the ball in the 2nd half. The coaching staff likes playing against 12 defenders and it has been like this all year. The coaching staff ( whoever is calling the offensive plays ) lost this game for them . Worst i think i have ever seen . Great job kids you had a great season and work hard and get ready for next year. Should be special if he geta an offensive coordinator. Good luck to all the teams still alive.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

No clue why people thought Ironton would be favored in this one. Coaching bites them in the butt again. Until he gives up the play calling, the playoff losses will continue

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:58 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:45 pm We’ll be just fine next year, on to a great Basketball season. Good luck to the Pirates of Wheelersburg next week.
I wish Irontons social media team promoted basketball as passionately. Why don't they?
Jerrod does the football promoting / hype train. So that’s probably why.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:51 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:42 pm Tough loss. Harvest prep is a good team and Ironton struggled by running the same game plan they had vs Heath. I heard Thacker was playing with a torn meniscus, not sure if that was the reason for the QB move. I thought Ironton outplayed prep in the 2nd half but give Prep credit they stepped up on some big 3rd downs and shutdown Ironton’s Offense. Ironton moving forward has a huge junior class coming up with around 25 kids and they bring back majority of the starters on both side of the ball.
It's really hard for me to agree Ironton outplayed anyone for a half. Idk. Ironton had very tiny pockets where they would make a play here or there. Mostly on defense. But overall no real continuity down the stretch. Offensively they failed to sustain drives. They let Prep flip the field on special teams. And even though the defense had some moments where they made plays they were left stranded unable to get off the field. Prep just gashed them. 3rd and short. 3rd and short. 3rd and short.

#12 for Ironton did something tonight I'm not sure I've ever seen before. He got outplayed by two quarterbacks in one game. That's tough.

Unbelievable. I’m glad you thinks it great to trash kids

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

Ironton just couldn't move the ball. Prep is very fast on defense. Ironton should be very good again next year

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

GoBigI wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 pm Yep, that’s what happens when you switch up the QB for the playoffs. Another game lost by the staff.
Absolutely the worst coaching move. By moving Thacker from QB he was a non factor in the games he played. Unbelievable

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

You guys should send Travis Pendlesin up to watch Eastern in playoff games. Maybe he could use a night watching a team with toughness for inspiration.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:45 am You guys should send Travis Pendlesin up to watch Eastern in playoff games. Maybe he could use a night watching a team with toughness for inspiration.
When Eastern (whoever that is) plays in 3 State Championships in 4 years, get back with me. Until then, I’ll search Google to see if I can figure out who they are.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:25 am
Baldeagle wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:45 am You guys should send Travis Pendlesin up to watch Eastern in playoff games. Maybe he could use a night watching a team with toughness for inspiration.
When Eastern (whoever that is) plays in 3 State Championships in 4 years, get back with me. Until then, I’ll search Google to see if I can figure out who they are.
Typical Ironton response. Still riding the coat tails of Lutz titles. You guys have been smart in avoiding playing us. Just get bareassed like everyone else.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:25 am
Choking in 3 games ain’t much to holler about. But at least your trainers is great at the Heimlich.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Deuce23 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:30 am Pendleton is a great motivator and gets the kids in front of college coaches but he is the worst play caller I think that i have ever seen . HP loading the box all night and we continue to try and run up the middle and QB sneaks over and over . I hate it for the kids because they work so hard and the defense played lights out the second half. Again we continued to reun QB sneaks and up the middle . Terry is one of the best players in the state and the two times tou run him in the first half its to the short side of the field and he does not touch the ball in the 2nd half. The coaching staff likes playing against 12 defenders and it has been like this all year. The coaching staff ( whoever is calling the offensive plays ) lost this game for them . Worst i think i have ever seen . Great job kids you had a great season and work hard and get ready for next year. Should be special if he geta an offensive coordinator. Good luck to all the teams still alive.
Best wishes in basketball lol

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

gobucs20 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:48 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:45 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:38 pm My guess is waverly. Ironton better clean up or prep wins.
Prep is sloppy too. I think Prep suits Ironton. Gonna be a good ball game again.
Ive never seen a team as undisciplined and sloppy as ironton. If prep keeps it close ironton is guaranteed to
Self destruct.
Looks like we made the right choice

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:29 am Friend of mine said that it got pretty sporty on the sideline after the game between Pendleton and some fans/parents. Said someone from Athens had to get between them and make the fans leave. What was that all about?
If true… it would be very sad and an embarrassment to Ironton and the community! Sometimes you don’t always come out on top. But go out with class! Ironton had an amazing year and should be proud!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:40 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:38 pm

Why, they have to face Harvest Prep again.
Still alive though😂
We know how the last game turned out, but good luck, we’ll be rooting for you.
Did you think the same thing in 21?

Girevik
Waterboy

Post by Girevik »

Where’s that one guy that keeps bragging about Ironton winning regional titles compared to Burg winning the state championship? Someone might want to check on him. 😂

Come to Ukraine! We Train!

Return to “Football”