Does Ironton need to consider a new offensive coordinator?

Tri_State790
Varsity

Re: Does Ironton need to consider a new offensive coordinator?

Post by Tri_State790 »

XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:13 am
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:59 am
XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:17 am

Im sure the team consists of people inside the football program. Basketball has people that could do same thing if they put forth the effort.
So Ironton doesn't make sure their student athletes are promoted equitably?
Good question. I’m sure the school will continue to do the commercial stuff during all the sports seasons. I think each program has a responsibility to market themselves. It comes down to which program decides to do it or not.
So who promotes football for Ironton?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:03 pm

Good question. I’m sure the school will continue to do the commercial stuff during all the sports seasons. I think each program has a responsibility to market themselves. It comes down to which program decides to do it or not.
🤷‍♂️

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Just doing a little figuring. Bob Lutz 381 wins in 477 games for a 79.8 winning percentage. Trevon Pendelton 77 wins in 90 games for a 85.5 winning percentage. I think Ironton will stay with what they got. All teams have their negative Nancy's. The majority of the folks in Ironton will stick with Coach Pendelton

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

RiverRatRay wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:16 am Just doing a little figuring. Bob Lutz 381 wins in 477 games for a 79.8 winning percentage. Trevon Pendelton 77 wins in 90 games for a 85.5 winning percentage. I think Ironton will stay with what they got. All teams have their negative Nancy's. The majority of the folks in Ironton will stick with Coach Pendelton
:lol: :lol:

....whats coaches record without all the transfers and recruits.... :D 6 wins in 11 games, 54% win %.... :lol: :lol:

id stick too if he continues to bring in the recruits... :lol:

CoachRock06
Waterboy

Post by CoachRock06 »

This thread is hilarious. No disrespect to the previous staffs but when was the last time that Ironton made it to the state championship before Pendleton came in? Ironton will back to having a deeper run next year.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Ironton had 11 players to make all district. 8 of those 11 return. Next year should be a very good year for Ironton.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

CoachRock06 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:53 am This thread is hilarious. No disrespect to the previous staffs but when was the last time that Ironton made it to the state championship before Pendleton came in? Ironton will back to having a deeper run next year.
He’s Vass with better players

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:16 am
CoachRock06 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:53 am This thread is hilarious. No disrespect to the previous staffs but when was the last time that Ironton made it to the state championship before Pendleton came in? Ironton will back to having a deeper run next year.
What a stupid statement Vass lost total control of the football team!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

osu 77 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:08 am
Sounds like the current coach is well on his way to doing the same thing. Current coach does no better than vass did with the same talent. Give vass current coaches talent there’s very little if any difference in the results.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Did not Coach Lutz have his window shot out of his house after losing to Ashland that first year or is that urban legend? how that man put up with the crap tossed his way I'll never know.

Never forget a man I worked with at the refinery telling me back in the early 90's that Lutz should have won the state every year with the talent he had. How do you even reply to someone like that? I took the Biblical approach, "answer not a fool in his folly" and I walked away.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:37 am
osu 77 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:08 am

Sounds like the current coach is well on his way to doing the same thing. Current coach does no better than vass did with the same talent. Give vass current coaches talent there’s very little if any difference in the results.
Another insane quote

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Kantucky, Lutz came real close to having an unmatched run back in the day. Think about it.
78 - undefeated...no playoffs...could've won the state
79 - won the state
81 - same as 78
82 - lost title game
85 - should've beat Desales...lost 23-19...Desales won state
86 - undefeated & #1...lost in mud bowl in playoffs...beat Cape, who won the state
88 - lost title game
89 - won the state
92 - lost title game
93 - lost title game
I won't say he SHOULD have won state all those years. But, he could have. And guess who avoided playing us most of those years ?
As for the topic of this thread... No offense to anyone, but - yes - they need to hire an OC.

WinnerWinner
Waterboy

Post by WinnerWinner »

paulwheeler wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:43 am Yes the playing calling can get better but that applies to over 80 percent of the teams in this area. To run this coaching staff down like this is crazy. Good luck Tigers and thanks for a great year!

By the way it is ok to run this coaching staff down and the moderators do nothing. But mention a team that wears red and black you get kicked off the site and they get as made as hornets!
Ain't that the truth.

WinnerWinner
Waterboy

Post by WinnerWinner »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:03 pm

Jared Pendleton

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

WinnerWinner wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:43 am
paulwheeler wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:43 am Yes the playing calling can get better but that applies to over 80 percent of the teams in this area. To run this coaching staff down like this is crazy. Good luck Tigers and thanks for a great year!

By the way it is ok to run this coaching staff down and the moderators do nothing. But mention a team that wears red and black you get kicked off the site and they get as made as hornets!
Ain't that the truth.
Can you explain how asking if they need a new oc is "running down" someone?

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

RiverRatRay wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:16 am Just doing a little figuring. Bob Lutz 381 wins in 477 games for a 79.8 winning percentage. Trevon Pendelton 77 wins in 90 games for a 85.5 winning percentage. I think Ironton will stay with what they got. All teams have their negative Nancy's. The majority of the folks in Ironton will stick with Coach Pendelton
[/quo

The wins that Pendleton had in the OVC dont compare or even count compared to Lutz.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

UNREAL wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:58 pm
[/quo

The wins that Pendleton had in the OVC dont compare or even count compared to Lutz.
They are part of official record so yes they count. This isn't pretend land or Trump tower where we lie to each other. Cmon now. Lol

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Tri state—have you contacted Ironton or Wheelwrsburg to get in there staff? All you do is criticize both programs, players, coaches and the programs. Do you realize how much time they all put in a year for these programs? Keep digging these programs—-recruiting and coaching. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks you and RBH are a joke!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:33 pm Tri state—have you contacted Ironton or Wheelwrsburg to get in there staff? All you do is criticize both programs, players, coaches and the programs. Do you realize how much time they all put in a year for these programs? Keep digging these programs—-recruiting and coaching. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks you and RBH are a joke!!
Sorry I hurt your feelings by pointing out the obvious. Please apologize for me to whichever family member of yours that is coaching at IHS or Burg.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Ironton does less with more than any other team in Region19. Your team isn't hated but your coach is a fake and a dishonest individual. Like Harbaugh of the wolverines, he insulates himself from what is truly happening at IHS. There isn't a level playing field when others wanna bend and break rules. Anyway, keep boasting about a regional 19 title, with multiple asterisk. It is hilarious reading about grown ass grandpa's trying to justify a non existent PROGRAM!!!

Return to “Football”