November 3, 2023 Wheelersburg 34 - 0 Portsmouth

RBH23
S

Re: Trojans vs the Burg

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:24 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:07 am

I'd love to see a burg high school age kid sit down in a middle school classroom in Northern VA and realize the 11 yr old next to them already speaks 3 languages fluently. Lol. Smh.

I get second hand embarrassment from Burg fans and their righteous indignation toward Ironton and portsmouth. Smh. It's cringe.
"Academics" my ass lmao
You’re talking to that “kid”. Graduated from Burg and got my undergrad degree in electrical engineering while competing against other students from all over the world. Then got my Masters degree in the same manner. Finally working in multiple Fortune 500 companies as an exec, again competing against the best of the best; not just those in Northern Virginia.

This from a “kid” who finished 25 out of 108 in his class at Burg. The better Burg students accomplished far more, including one that became the first female president of Johns Hopkins Hospital!
The exception and not the standard. I've been to wheelersburg. Lol
There are many people from Burg who have been very successful: business leaders, pharmacists, doctors, lawyers, etc. And if you ask them about their high school education, they will all have praise for what they received from Wheelersburg. Hence why it’s in the top 20% in the nation.

Portsmouth and Ironton schools use to be much better but those communities have lost industry, thanks to the scumbags in DC who you support, and have lost significant business and population. Very sad what has happened to those great communities.

But must make you happy that the mostly white political dirtbags in DC have profited while your hometown has suffered.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:50 pm

You’re talking to that “kid”. Graduated from Burg and got my undergrad degree in electrical engineering while competing against other students from all over the world. Then got my Masters degree in the same manner. Finally working in multiple Fortune 500 companies as an exec, again competing against the best of the best; not just those in Northern Virginia.

This from a “kid” who finished 25 out of 108 in his class at Burg. The better Burg students accomplished far more, including one that became the first female president of Johns Hopkins Hospital!
There are many people from Burg who have been very successful: business leaders, pharmacists, doctors, lawyers, etc. And if you ask them about their high school education, they will all have praise for what they received from Wheelersburg. Hence why it’s in the top 20% in the nation.

Portsmouth and Ironton schools use to be much better but those communities have lost industry, thanks to the scumbags in DC who you support, and have lost significant business and population. Very sad what has happened to those great communities.

But must make you happy that the mostly white political dirtbags in DC have profited while your hometown has suffered.
I made my point. When burg fans do to Ironton and Portsmouth fans what I did to them, it's corny. This is a football thread. Everytime burg doesn't get it done on the field the burg fans on seops start screaming about academics and softball and anything but football and it's corny and hilarious anybody in seo would even attempt that particular narrative. 😂

Back to football. Man I sure hope Ironton and Burg both win so Ironton can spank them twice. Lol

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Just look at the Burleson's. Roger was a Dentists all 3 kids played D-1 basketball and are a Doctor, Dentist and a Surgeon. Jerry was a Dentists and all 3 kids are all Dentists.
That's pretty impressive.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:19 pm

I made my point. When burg fans do to Ironton and Portsmouth fans what I did to them, it's corny. This is a football thread. Everytime burg doesn't get it done on the field the burg fans on seops start screaming about academics and softball and anything but football and it's corny and hilarious anybody in seo would even attempt that particular narrative. 😂

Back to football. Man I sure hope Ironton and Burg both win so Ironton can spank them twice. Lol
You’re the one who went on the multi-post rant on this thread. Worse, your rant was not based on facts but just a big pile of BS that proved nothing.

Agree, let’s talk football instead.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:25 pm

Just look at the Burleson's. Roger was a Dentists all 3 kids played D-1 basketball and are a Doctor, Dentist and a Surgeon. Jerry was a Dentists and all 3 kids are all Dentists.
Exactly!

And there are lots of families and stories like this.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Zero kids from Ironton or Portsmouth or most other local schools have gone on to become a doctor or an engineer in 30 or 40 years. All hail Wheelersburg, Southeast Ohio’s only hope!

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:09 pm

Exactly!

"Alot" lol..

Perception ain't reality. A lot by who's standard?

Nothing special about wheelersburg. Not the academics. Not the sports. Nada.

Maybe the meth is good idk. I don't partake.

Not sold lmao

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:12 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:09 pm
Exactly!

"Alot" lol..

Perception ain't reality. A lot by who's standard?

Nothing special about wheelersburg. Not the academics. Not the sports. Nada.

Maybe the meth is good idk. I don't partake.

Not sold lmao
Academics: you may want to let US News and World Report know that because they disagree with you. They list Burg as the #1 school in the area and in the top 20% nation wide.

Athletics: may want to let OHSAA know that so they can remove Burg’s district, regional, and state titles. May even want to tell the Little League committee that gave the softball team the world championship trophy; only Ohio team to ever accomplish this but, according to you, nothing special.

Also, may want to tell the families wanting to move into Burg. Let them know they are wasting their money. No need to get into bidding wars for homes.

Please show them your facts and data that counter the above. I’m sure these third party organizations would be interested in your thoughts.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

"Spank" the Pirates twice!!!!! That's funny. The one team Ironton doesn't want to face in the playoffs is Burg. Burg made a couple of costly mistakes in that first meeting that cost Burg the win. Young QB making his first varsity start tried to throw a ball to a receiver that was double covered in the end zone.Cost Burg at least 3 points there. QB running the wildcat tried to make a throw that he shouldn't of been thrown. Cost Burg at least 3 more points. If they score TD's on those two drives that games a blowout. With the two FG's Burg wins 20-17.

Ironton is 1-3 all-time in the playoffs against Burg, the game that actually matters each year. Be careful what you wish for. It might just reach up and bite you in the arse mate!!!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Goodness fellas, this thread has gotten out of hand lol. Everything under the sun has been talked about. This bad boy might need locked.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:54 am Goodness fellas, this thread has gotten out of hand lol. Everything under the sun has been talked about. This bad boy might need locked.

Agree

Tri_State790
Varsity

Re: Trojans vs the Burgby

Post by Tri_State790 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:39 am

"Spank" the Pirates twice!!!!! That's funny. The one team Ironton doesn't want to face in the playoffs is Burg. Burg made a couple of costly mistakes in that first meeting that cost Burg the win. Young QB making his first varsity start tried to throw a ball to a receiver that was double covered in the end zone.Cost Burg at least 3 points there. QB running the wildcat tried to make a throw that he shouldn't of been thrown. Cost Burg at least 3 more points. If they score TD's on those two drives that games a blowout. With the two FG's Burg wins 20-17.

Ironton is 1-3 all-time in the playoffs against Burg, the game that actually matters each year. Be careful what you wish for. It might just reach up and bite you in the arse mate!!!
Lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣 Last season burg lost to EVERY ranked opponent on their regular season schedule and THIS season when you played Ironton, Jackson and Prep = same result. Burg LOST again. Not to mention burg had only made it past the region 3 times in 25 years.

Ironton isn't worried about burg lmao

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:39 pm

Lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣 Last season burg lost to EVERY ranked opponent on their regular season schedule and THIS season when you played Ironton, Jackson and Prep = same result. Burg LOST again. Not to mention burg had only made it past the region 3 times in 25 years.

The Burg fans all say burg has looked better after the Prep game. Lmao.

Duhhh. You LOST to the good teams and beat up on the weak teams. Lmao

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:40 pm

That’s true. Hope to see that improvement against good teams.

But a weaker schedule alone doesn’t always produce improvement. Oddly, IHS played worse (show no improvement) from Burg/Jackson to Gallia/Portsmouth. Not sure what to make of that.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:23 am
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:40 pm

That’s true. Hope to see that improvement against good teams.

But a weaker schedule alone doesn’t always produce improvement. Oddly, IHS played worse (show no improvement) from Burg/Jackson to Gallia/Portsmouth. Not sure what to make of that.
True. Ironton looked better against better competition and played down to teams they should have thumped.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:47 pm I agree with the thugs comment, in that the real deal won't carry signs and bullhorn.

I'm finding it difficult to believe there is a systemic issue coming out of Ptown. We'd be reading about this weekly if it were the case.

Just guessing, the actions of a few were probably the results of some taking old war stories (games of yesteryear) and wanting to make it about them instead of the game.

I can't blame an entire community for the actions of a few, just like I can't blame an entire region as being racists because of the actions of a few. I'm sure there are instances of both but but being systemic is a stretch.
Bench clearing brawl at a scrimmage? Maybe it is a systemic issue…

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=94937

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:15 pm
FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:47 pm I agree with the thugs comment, in that the real deal won't carry signs and bullhorn.

I'm finding it difficult to believe there is a systemic issue coming out of Ptown. We'd be reading about this weekly if it were the case.

Just guessing, the actions of a few were probably the results of some taking old war stories (games of yesteryear) and wanting to make it about them instead of the game.

I can't blame an entire community for the actions of a few, just like I can't blame an entire region as being racists because of the actions of a few. I'm sure there are instances of both but but being systemic is a stretch.

Last edited by fbnut on Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I can't blame an entire community for the actions of a few, just like I can't blame an entire region as being racists because of the actio3ns of a few. I'm sure there are instances of both but but being systemic is a stretch.

I dont know the correct answer. What I do know is seops would be ablazed, weekly, with stories.

Should all the doctors in the Burg be held accountable because Temponaras(sp) ran a pill mill and distributed over 1.6 million oxys over a short period of time? She directly contributed to the on-going heroin crisis in the county. The answer is NO! IMO. Same with blaming an entire school/community because a few bad apples. JMO

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:39 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:19 am
Bfan99 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:13 am I’m not sold on Burg being a regional contender but they have enough for a comfortable win vs Portsmouth. Overall the SOC was down this year and Burgs best win was to a 6-5 D4 team.
They are more than a regional contender.
Are they though? They’ll beat Portsmouth and have a good chance of losing to Barnesville, won’t beat HP or Ironton. Burg fans are very naive. Always think they’re a state championship caliber team. This team just isn’t that good.
You nailed it

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FIDO wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:52 pm

I can't blame an entire community for the actions of a few, just like I can't blame an entire region as being racists because of the actio3ns of a few. I'm sure there are instances of both but but being systemic is a stretch.

I dont know the correct answer. What I do know is seops would be ablazed, weekly, with stories.

Should all the doctors in the Burg be held accountable because Temponaras(sp) ran a pill mill and distributed over 1.6 million oxys over a short period of time? She directly contributed to the on-going heroin crisis in the county. The answer is NO! IMO. Same with blaming an entire school/community because a few bad apples. JMO
That’s a bad example:
- The first ever “pull mills” in Scioto County were started in Portsmouth.
- The Temponares’ did have facilities in Burg but they were from/lived in Portsmouth. They branched out of Portsmouth with their operations.

Return to “Football”