Minford Football

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: Minford Football

Post by Sonny Weaver »

CuckooNest wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:42 pm Is Kaskey a teacher at wheelersburg? Does he want to teach at Minford if hired? Does it matter? I’ve always thought a coach has better odds if they’re working in the district but that’s certainly not a guarantee of success.
personally I wouldn't hire him in a million years to be the leader of young men, his off the field shenanigan's outweigh any coaching prowess he has in my opinion. At some point football becomes secondary.

But if he were to be hired, I'm 99.9% sure Wheelersburg has a clause in their district that teachers cannot coach for other school districts outside of Wheelersburg, so he would need a job.

I'm also 99.9% sure that the Minford HC job does not come with a teaching job, coaching only -- from a reliable source at Minford. I think this will hinder Minford ultimately in their coaching search entirely.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

also, go to Minford's Facebook post where this job was listed, and look at all the yahoo's that have shared this saying they'd apply lol. I would hate to sift through these applications. Several ppl with no more than PeeWee experience, lots of ppl involved with the Portsmouth Spartans or whatever they call themselves these days, washed up dudes from the early 00's -- it's quite a list lol.

For all their lack of success, Minford isn't East or Green, they can find a solid hire out there. My money is on them hiring someone outside of Minford (not named Kaskey) that has experience coaching at the HS level. They need an adult in the room.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:01 am
CuckooNest wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:42 pm Is Kaskey a teacher at wheelersburg? Does he want to teach at Minford if hired? Does it matter? I’ve always thought a coach has better odds if they’re working in the district but that’s certainly not a guarantee of success.
personally I wouldn't hire him in a million years to be the leader of young men, his off the field shenanigan's outweigh any coaching prowess he has in my opinion. At some point football becomes secondary.

But if he were to be hired, I'm 99.9% sure Wheelersburg has a clause in their district that teachers cannot coach for other school districts outside of Wheelersburg, so he would need a job.

I'm also 99.9% sure that the Minford HC job does not come with a teaching job, coaching only -- from a reliable source at Minford. I think this will hinder Minford ultimately in their coaching search entirely.
I would think if they get the guy they want a job of some sort will be available, if not, I think it will cost them a quality coach.
Unless they can get someone retired, I guess?

WWE HALL OF FAME
falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

MrPerfect wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:53 am

I would think if they get the guy they want a job of some sort will be available, if not, I think it will cost them a quality coach.
22 Applicants, narrowed down to 11

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

MrPerfect wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:53 am

I definitely think it's going to hurt them if a teaching job isn't attached. Ideally you want your Coach in the hallways daily, but from what I've been told that won't be the case.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

They made a teaching job for Bob Ashley.....figure it out.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

He is who without sin cast the first stone.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

They’ll have a job for whoever gets it if it’s needed. In this area it’s job part of it unless you find an applicant that simply doesn’t need it.

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:59 am
greygoose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:21 pm
NewEra wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:14 pm

You can bet the mortgage. The young man will play football, especially for Tom Kaskey.
Whether or not he does or doesn't I wouldn't be betting any mortgage on it. Kid was miserable this past season, honestly a coaching change might've been the only shot they had to getting him back out there. If he doesn't play added to what Minford graduated, you could be looking at a 3–4 win team at best. Luckily those guys rocked things out in pee wee and jr. high, sorry had to say it.
Is Minfords peewee system bad? I assumed all the scioto county schools expect Burg follows the Minfords peewee model? I thought Minfords great peewee team are the current 7th graders that never loss a peewee game. I don’t think Caudill’s group won anything in Pee-wee football or in Jr high. I’m pretty sure P West was the big dogs in peewee and Jr High for the current junior and senior group in scioto county
It’s not good. When the program was having success they were playing inter league format. It’s the best way I can think of to increase numbers at the HS level.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Awful quiet in Muletown...any updates?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

they've held interviews over the last couple days, sounds like it's going to someone outside of the district.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:44 am they've held interviews over the last couple days, sounds like it's going to someone outside of the district.
They are making a list- and checking it twice!! :mrgreen:

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

hearing an offer was extended, decision / announcement coming by the candidate

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:28 pm hearing an offer was extended, decision / announcement coming by the candidate
Yes, true!!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Hearing Minford went out of district on this one.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yes out of the district. Local guy who played college ball and been working his way around the coaching circuit since college. really really good hire if he accepts.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:13 pm yes out of the district. Local guy who played college ball and been working his way around the coaching circuit since college. really really good hire if he accepts.
Good for Minford for trying something different. Hope it works out for them as they've had some solid talent out there over the years, but just haven't been able to put it all together consistently.*

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:13 pm yes out of the district. Local guy who played college ball and been working his way around the coaching circuit since college. really really good hire if he accepts.
When do we get to know who the hire is

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Ohio1979 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:51 pm
When do we get to know who the hire is
As soon as he accepts

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Guy told me tonight that Jerrod Pendleton applied, but couldn’t tell if he was just goofin’ around or not. If so, that the type of hire that would be an absolute game-changer for Minford’s program*

Return to “Football”