Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Re: Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Post by LoyalOak »

gator81 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:00 pm I said it before and now again! If the community of Oak Hill doesn't fight to keep the program alive, who suffers? The BOE hopefully, the Superintendent Nope ! How about the the parents yes and the players most of all. I am SICK of those people who are in command positions with blown up egos yelling it is all about the kids. IF THIS WERE TRUE Oak Hill would Not be in this position now. So now Oak Hill BOE all eyes are on you. When the meeting adjourns and the smoke clears. We will know then, if it's all about the kids?
It has to go against super 4-1 or 5-0. I know 3 of the 5 and would be very shocked if they didn’t side with the public. Other 2 I have no idea.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

gator81 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:00 pm I said it before and now again! If the community of Oak Hill doesn't fight to keep the program alive, who suffers? The BOE hopefully, the Superintendent Nope ! How about the the parents yes and the players most of all. I am SICK of those people who are in command positions with blown up egos yelling it is all about the kids. IF THIS WERE TRUE Oak Hill would Not be in this position now. So now Oak Hill BOE all eyes are on you. When the meeting adjourns and the smoke clears. We will know then, if it's all about the kids?
If it were about the kids, they would have joined the TVC.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Dundas, exactly 💯

Sideline Sammy
Waterboy

Post by Sideline Sammy »

I know a guy who has turned an application in. For the coaching position. After it was posted on Facebook. So apparently they are going with someone new but have heard it will not get to the public. So not sure how they are going about this hire this time. Thought it had to be posted internally for so long before it went to the public.

Mustang35
Waterboy

Post by Mustang35 »

Sideline Sammy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:06 am I know a guy who has turned an application in. For the coaching position. After it was posted on Facebook. So apparently they are going with someone new but have heard it will not get to the public. So not sure how they are going about this hire this time. Thought it had to be posted internally for so long before it went to the public.
I heard a teacher at the elementary applied and interviewed for the job. If thats true, the job would have to go to him and it can’t be posted publicly.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

D- Day for Oak Hill tomorrow. This should be a large invasion. Remember all of those voices of authority who say" it's all about the kids". Remember the Alamo !!

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Looked at the agenda: no recommendation for head football coach. There is a recommendation for an assistant football coach.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
MightyIronOakFan
Waterboy

Post by MightyIronOakFan »

OVC wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:55 am Looked at the agenda: no recommendation for head football coach. There is a recommendation for an assistant football coach.
Check again.

MightyIronOakFan
Waterboy

Jason Fitzhugh is listed as football coach under supplemental contracts.

MightyIronOakFan
Waterboy

Fitzhugh hired tonight 5-0

Sideline Sammy
Waterboy

Post by Sideline Sammy »

JasonFitchbaug new head coach at oak hill.
Board voted 5-0. Good luck coach.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Well, there you have it. 5 BOE members Plus 1 Super, may have duped the community at large. So now they have about two months to prepare for an impossible season as it stands. But for sure it's all about the kids !!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

When Oak Hill went to the SOC II the Oak Hill Head Football Coaching job went from one of the best SE Ohio to one of the worst! They will not compete with the 3 W!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yeah, Oak Hill may have just put the final nail in the coffin of their football program. Let’s see if they even get 20 kids out. Best hope at this point is become beyond terrible, cancel more games, and force SOC to move them back to SOC I.

As for Kratzenburg, he will land on his feet somewhere with a real football program and eventually be a head coach again down the line.*

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

There is no hope now! All of the concerned powers that be, Have done there best for the KIDS. I can't imagine being a senior, knowing this is my final year of football, staring down the mess that those in charge have created. They have turned a legitimate program into a total disaster. This thing started when the move to the Soc 2 happened, next turning down a move to the TVC, and now let's get a new coach two/ half months before the season starts. Parents with Jr. High kids better have your eyes open. As it is now, this program will go nowhere in the years to come.

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

whats his experience like

has he ahd success other places

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

He is/ or was the Varsity Baseball coach at Oak Hill.

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

gator81 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:00 am He is/ or was the Varsity Baseball coach at Oak Hill.
experienced football coach too?

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

Time to open the transfer portal.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Wish nothing but the best for the kids of that community.

Return to “Football”