Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: 11/07 week11 ironton 6-4 @ burg 10-0

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Every Ironton poster lives in a fantasy land.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

So are all the Burg posters who think they can beat coldwater :D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

P(irate) wrote:Burg has dominated every game so far this year. Ironton being somewhat of an exception. Score was close but Ironton couldn't get their offense going. One big play. That's it. The offense has evolved from week to week and keeps getting better. The defense is well schemed and hard nosed. Idk many high school teams that run a Nickle package as their base defense. That's give them an advantage in every scenario. Guys get to fly to the ball and outside run plays are cut short. The Dline gets to be more aggressive and the linebackers as well. It makes for some exciting football. Special teams are just outstanding. From the coach to the kids on the field. They are excited about what they do. Offensively I think they are the best in SEO. They can spread you out and run, throw it over your head or they can line up big and pound the ball right at you. It has to be demoralizing to have to prepare a team for all that.
I agree. but me bein me. I'd still like another shot at em. it's a travesty to me to think people are considering ending this series. I love this series and have nothing but the greatest of respect to both programs. ironton gets back on the level they were somehow, and gets as competitive as burg again. these 2 will be playing plenty of games together.i just hope ironton makes it regardless of who we play. and good luck to both squads.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Spamoony wrote:This game is not going to happen. Coshocton is going to be #8 with 13.40 points. This topic is a waste of time

spam , I don't rightly know how they figure these points out. do you think if ironton wins, we'll still not make it. I mean hey we did it to ourselves. and it was an exciting first season in ovc play. but we simply must do better against these powerful programs like burg, Ashland, beechwood.i'd sure like to see them at least get a crack at week 11. and see what happens regardless who it is.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the burg game this year could have went either way. both teams kept shooting themselves in the foot. but burg has progressed better through the year, and adapted.but that as easily could have been an ironton win. just not enough offense on our end.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

No doubt. Ironton whipped up on us for a long time. We never called it quits then, so why would anyone want to do it now? It just makes the series that much better to have an "underdog". But if Ironton gets back on track it will only strengthen both teams to be able to play at that level. I just wish the game was a little later in the year. Maybe week 4 or 5. It would make it more interesting I do believe. Don't get me wrong. It's a great way to start the season. Each team basically gets thrown into a battle and we all get to see the prospect of each team for the season. Here's to continuing this tradition and Burg inching closer to evening the series.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

sports junkie wrote:So are all the Burg posters who think they can beat coldwater :D
Would you like to edit that post so it makes sense? I would answer if I new what you meant.
Last edited by Jolly P(irate) on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spamoony
Waterboy

Post by Spamoony »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Spamoony wrote:This game is not going to happen. Coshocton is going to be #8 with 13.40 points. This topic is a waste of time

spam , I don't rightly know how they figure these points out. do you think if ironton wins, we'll still not make it. I mean hey we did it to ourselves. and it was an exciting first season in ovc play. but we simply must do better against these powerful programs like burg, Ashland, beechwood.i'd sure like to see them at least get a crack at week 11. and see what happens regardless who it is.

YTB, yes I think so even with a win. it all comes down to the teams Coshocton has already beat... specifically the West Holmes vs Bellville Clear Fork game... if West Holmes wins your tigers are out..... its a coin flip game IMO .... so tiger fans should root for Bellville

Spamoony
Waterboy

Post by Spamoony »

Holy Crap Joe Eitel just updated and now Coshocton has 3.5 more L2 points than yesterday from 81 to 84.5 gotta do some math but I think that means Coshocton controls own destiny now!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Spamoony wrote:Holy Crap Joe Eitel just updated and now Coshocton has 3.5 more L2 points than yesterday from 81 to 84.5 gotta do some math but I think that means Coshocton controls own destiny now!
:o :o I won't say I told ya so.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Rosecrans beat Conotton Valley 52-19 last night. That is the 3.5 points added.

QBPrincess
Waterboy

Post by QBPrincess »

Who even started this thread??? It isn't even a for sure game yet!!!!
My opinion it had to be a Burg person. Focus on one game at a time!!

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Well I'm usually not one to point out the obvious....... But the thread was started by herbie1/Cg-ironton fan/qb princess... Obviously!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Still hard to believe this thread is on page 7 and still no guarantee this game happens.

Looks like now if Coshocton wins they are coming down to Pirate land next Friday night.

QBPrincess
Waterboy

Post by QBPrincess »

Thank you that's my point yabbadabbadoo. It's going on and on about a fictitious game.
And Cpt Obvious you obviously don't know what you are talking about because I am neither of those people! I have been trying to be added to this for sometime but the administrator page was not working properly.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

:P Whoa! Remain calm! I'm not here to argue lol, I just state the obvious, obviously that bothers you and I offer my sympathies. I hope you have a great day! ;)

QBPrincess
Waterboy

Post by QBPrincess »

No need to offwr sympathies because it doesn't bother me what does is that you insinuated I was hiding under a fictitious name.
But all is good I'm not upset. I like a good talk about football.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

QBPrincess wrote:Who even started this thread??? It isn't even a for sure game yet!!!!
My opinion it had to be a Burg person. Focus on one game at a time!!
:!: We wouldn't waste our time making this thread princess. herbie1 is definitely not a Burg poster.

I however am stepping up my troll game. And when a dreamlander wants to make up a fantasy game, it just brings the best out in OL' JollyP

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Page 8!!!

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote:
sports junkie wrote:So are all the Burg posters who think they can beat coldwater :D
Would you like to edit that post so it makes sense? I would answer if I new what you meant.
I think he meant L, LOSS , START CRYING NOW, FAT LADY IS SINGING , BRING ON THE HOOPS , LONG DRIVE HOME.

get the point ????? hahahah

Return to “Football”