Off-Season Coaching Changes

Roy rogers
Waterboy

Re: Off-Season Coaching Changes

Post by Roy rogers »

marshallman might want to watch state playoffs this year instead of TCU and Boise State.

Falcon 89
Waterboy

Post by Falcon 89 »

Marshallman. Ole Roy took the words outta my mouth did u watch any state games this past year.. Wing T can be very effective . If ran the correct way . To go complete spread u have got to be loaded at receiver position and a QB that can read .. How many schools in Soc can do that..

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

I seen the wing T be ran very successful in the playoffs this year it was ran the correct way and them teams racked up the yards. we run a complete spread at eastern pike from Jr high to the varsity level and against the good teams it flat didn't work we did have a 1000 yard rusher but a lot of times if he didn't move the ball we lost yards the defense was always in the backfield maybe we didn't have enough athletes but it's hard to be a complete spread team IMO.

GO EAGLES
FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

marshallman wrote:The spread option or some version of it is what needs brought in and don't say we never had the players to run it, we had numerous players with speed that were never used in the right way.
I'm not gonna get into a urinating match with you, but if you think Minford has been stacked at the skill positions we haven't been watching the same team the last few years. The "skill" players have dropped more passes than they've caught, even when the ball hits them in the hands. They don't hit the holes when they are there, they fumble at the worst times. To be honest, the skill positions have been the weak spot the last few years.

The team this year got about everything they could out of the skill players. The team went 4-6, lost two games in OT they shoulda coulda woulda won. If they had those two they would've been 6-4 and that would have been overachieving for this team.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

The wing-t is a great equalizer. Angle blocking instead of smash mouth one on one blocking. If you run it correctly the misdirection and multiple blocking schemes can make ANY team successful. No specific type of player needed to execute it successfully. Average players can win with the wing-t.Teams that don't run the wing-t have trouble duplicating it by the scout teams for a defense that has to defend it. Many benefits.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Anyone watch Coldwater win 4 straight State Championships? I did, That's balance. I'm not talking 5 wide on every play I'm talking about a spread read option attack. you can pass or run out of it. Everyone on here says the Wing T is successful if run correctly, I agree. They all are when you say that? so that holds no water. What most on here seem to point out is "if taught and executed correctly?" this is going nowhere.

Coach Tomlison
Waterboy

Post by Coach Tomlison »

Eastern Pike added Bob Shaffer as new Defensive Coordinator.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Coach Tomlison wrote:Eastern Pike added Bob Shaffer as new Defensive Coordinator.
Good for Eastern. Bob is a top-notch person and a pretty good coach also. Congrats to the Eagles.

1champion00
Waterboy

Post by 1champion00 »

All the 50-50 bull is a bunch of bull. Too many fans don't know the game.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

1champion00 wrote:All the 50-50 bull is a bunch of bull. Too many fans don't know the game.
Agree 100%. Don't think alot of people realize the importance of the personnel you have. If you don't have the right personnel in any offensive scheme you are not going to be successful.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

What you run does not really matter in football in my opinion. It's how you run it. You also have to have a counter when teams start taking away what you do best and have a "balance" of plays to keep defenses from being able to read what you are going to do. At the school I am at we have 6 base plays that put the ball in each of our skill players hands. Obviously one player is probably going to be your top player so you then design plays to get him the ball and tier it down from there. However, we don't start adding plays until we get the 6 base plays down to perfection. It has been really successful since 2002!

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

dodgecity15 wrote:Westfall is open
Trent Olds hired on 2/17, according to school board minutes. Was a coach at Kings Local near Maineville.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

55buckeyes98 wrote:What you run does not really matter in football in my opinion. It's how you run it. You also have to have a counter when teams start taking away what you do best and have a "balance" of plays to keep defenses from being able to read what you are going to do. At the school I am at we have 6 base plays that put the ball in each of our skill players hands. Obviously one player is probably going to be your top player so you then design plays to get him the ball and tier it down from there. However, we don't start adding plays until we get the 6 base plays down to perfection. It has been really successful since 2002!
This!!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The Minford job has never been posted on the OHSAA website, so they must have someone in mind already.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

rockcoach wrote:The wing-t is a great equalizer. Angle blocking instead of smash mouth one on one blocking. If you run it correctly the misdirection and multiple blocking schemes can make ANY team successful. No specific type of player needed to execute it successfully. Average players can win with the wing-t.Teams that don't run the wing-t have trouble duplicating it by the scout teams for a defense that has to defend it. Many benefits.
Any offense works if you "run it correctly" AND have the players to run it. No offense works consistently if you do not have both those components, not even the Wing-T. Also, teams have trouble duplicating any offense that they don't run on a regular basis, so that advantage is not exclusive to the Wing-T.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

The option is one of the best offense that a small man team can run and be very effective and very difficult to stop
So many things can be run out of this formation. .run to perfection cannot be stopped. .slowed down yes..stopped nope.

GoBigGrover
Waterboy

Post by GoBigGrover »

Add Coal Grove to the list.... Again...

Return to “Football”