Minford Football

vladimir
S

Re: Minford Football

Post by vladimir »

It's rumored that former Wheelersburg Coach Tony Lewis is looking for a new coaching job and maybe interested in coming back to the area. Also, it's rumored Ted Newsome head coach of Franklin Furnace Green is applying to Minford

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

vladimir wrote:It's rumored that former Wheelersburg Coach Tony Lewis is looking for a new coaching job and maybe interested in coming back to the area. Also, it's rumored Ted Newsome head coach of Franklin Furnace Green is applying to Minford
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Oaf and his knowledge of area teams and the game would be the perfect candidate. Every week he has the answers. I know he'd take a pay cut from his consulting fees that he makes from The other league schools, but his success would be unprecedented for a Scioto County team.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Anyone know when the next board meeting is ? :ugeek:

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Roger Gray is applying.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Roger Gray is applying.

Super! He will have the OC call the plays and formations 2-3 plays behind......just like he announces them on the radio.

I can't wait.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Jason Vorhees wrote:Roger Gray is applying.

Super! He will have the OC call the plays and formations 2-3 plays behind......just like he announces them on the radio.

I can't wait.
And all linemen will have numbers below 40 and all skill players will be 50 and higher :lol: :lol:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Jesse Ruby should be first on the list IMO. He's been an assistant the whole time Daniels has been head coach. He knows what it has taken to get the program where it is at now, and I think he has the ability to tweak a few things here and there and take the next step forward. Just as important and maybe more important, he loves Minford and he loves being around kids. Plus he's a high school teacher and having the head coach in the building is a good thing.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

vladimir wrote:It's rumored that former Wheelersburg Coach Tony Lewis is looking for a new coaching job and maybe interested in coming back to the area. Also, it's rumored Ted Newsome head coach of Franklin Furnace Green is applying to Minford
This really intrigues me, but also don't mind the Ruby idea.

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

Any update? Anymore it seems like everything is filled internally.

mglight
Riding the Bench

Post by mglight »

Not sure who Minford is replacing Paint Valley with in WEEK 3 but week 10 has been Valley and I don't see that game being dropped from schedule although we have in the past dropped locals like FF Green - Notre Dame - East from scheduling but seriously doubt Valley. I also think Ruby would be a good candidate for the head coach spot.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Minford can not drop valley, they are in their conference.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FarAwayFalcon wrote:Jesse Ruby should be first on the list IMO. He's been an assistant the whole time Daniels has been head coach. He knows what it has taken to get the program where it is at now, and I think he has the ability to tweak a few things here and there and take the next step forward. Just as important and maybe more important, he loves Minford and he loves being around kids. Plus he's a high school teacher and having the head coach in the building is a good thing.

The school district should hire the best candidate for the position, period. Just because someone has been an assistant coach doesnt qualify them to be a shoe in hire, nor does the fact they are currently employed by the school district. I think if someone fits the bill on both of those AND they are the best candidate, it makes it easy.

I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am, but I've been told by several people that Ruby was the coach pushing for the spread offense that...well.....didnt work out so nice the past 2 years when they tried it.

The kids deserve the best person for the job regardless of who they are, where they went to school and where they currently work.

Just a comparison- when West hired Triplett there were several "assistants" on the West staff that also interviewed, some even employed by the school district. It worked out well for them to bring in someone like Triplett and they had success. I feel that someone from Minford brings passion for the school as an alum, but doesnt necessarily work out great every time.

Luckily Coach Daniels was an alum, had tons of passion for Minford and the program and turned it around. He will be tough to replace regardless but I think they should keep all channels open.

How soon are they trying to hire someone? Seems they would be acting fast since weight lifting is right around the corner...if not already started.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Didn`t Daniels go to Portsmouth?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Yes. He graduated from there. Was a Minford guy, transferred their to play baseball his senior year. I hope that's correct, don't want to start anything.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Brent was a Minford Graduate, he did play baseball his senior season at PHS but came back after they were knocked out of the tournament. He was one of a few that PHS had do that back in the day.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

True ^^^^^^.

He also coached for a stint at Burg.

Nevertheless, a Minford guy through and through.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Has this even been posted via OHSAA?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

who was the falcons QB this past season.

GO EAGLES
SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

brown22 wrote:who was the falcons QB this past season.
Sophomore Noah Gray.

Return to “Football”