Off-Season Coaching Changes

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Off-Season Coaching Changes

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ny92 wrote:Well said NYBUCS . It is time for the people in charge to be in charge of making this decision. It is a mess for sure. Rather kids have or havnt mailed in who knows for sure. They are kids and I'm sure some aren't giving 100%. Who ever they hire needs to be able to get in soon and get to work with them mentally and physically. This definatly wont be fixed over night like some people thought would happen when Coach Dean took over. It didn't get broken over night .
Exactly!

It's going to take time, patience, and dedication to the the Buckeye express back on track.

I hope the hiring process isn't long and drawn out. Find the best candidate and get him hired so he can get in the hallways and motivate the kids to come out next season.

We have 4 or 5 really talented freshman coming in, and we had some young kids get good playing time this season.

I hope the community gets behind the new coach (whoever it will be), and give him time to get things rolling again.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

NY needs to form a committee ASAP Made up of school administrators (not the current AD), school board members and a member of the community and a team member. They need to decide what kind of coach they are looking for and open the application process after the playoffs Post on the OHSAA site!! Pare your finial list down to 3 and bring them in house for an in-depth interview Need to hire a coach by the 1st of March!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

3 school board seats are up next week also. That could also be a factor in what kind of coach they look for, or the process of finding the new coach.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I believe Valley losing Scott Rolfe as the OC will be huge. His replacement will be huge for the program going forward.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I think it's a shame how my dear friend merril triplett was treated in ironton after bob lutz retired. that was his dream job. and he was never given a chance. it was setup to fail from the start.it was sad how my hometown treated him.and he was a fighting tiger. he didn't even have time to assemble a whole staff. and still went to the playoffs and went I think 7-5. playing the logans, jacksons,Zanesville etc,
Surprised me too.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

burgbball wrote:Let's get some thoughts from some Valley loyals. We know that this will be the last year for Coach Rolf as he has taken the Superintendent position. With the loss of 95% of the talent leaving with this senior class and the amount of success that this staff has had over the past 5 to 6 years. Will coach Crabtree make a deep playoff run and decide that it is time for him to retire at the top of his career? This is just my opinion, I believe that Crabtree will retire, we know that he had health issues last year and seems to be healthy this year but with the drop in talent coming up I think that he will retire on top at the end of this season.

Do any of the Valley fans believe this or have you heard anything?
I don't think he'll retire until his son completes high school in 3 years...jmo I don't think the talent level will have anything to do with it...The guy was a competitor on the field and even more so as a coach...If, and that's a big if, he retires it'll totally be out of health concerns.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton needs to go way outside the box. Coach vass and staff will be always under pressure. The tigers are not as talented and deep as in years past, especially the next 5 years or so. I don't agree in principals being coaches either but they may be the best ambassadors for the program. The biggest problem at ironton, is the demographics of the town and area. The same thing Portsmouth deals with.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

We have a coach from within the program that can turn it around, but we need money to pay him. If we could get a gofundme page started and raise like $2 million plus the local business throw in some free stuff we might be able to lure Mark Synder away from Michigan State to be our head coach.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Snyder fixed Marshall, too.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

You guy's had a good coach but you guy's ran him out of town! COACH TRIPLETT!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I think it's a shame how my dear friend merril triplett was treated in ironton after bob lutz retired. that was his dream job. and he was never given a chance. it was setup to fail from the start.it was sad how my hometown treated him.and he was a fighting tiger. he didn't even have time to assemble a whole staff. and still went to the playoffs and went I think 7-5. playing the logans, jacksons,Zanesville etc,
I not sure but was the the coach when Logan beat the tigers 7-0 in the mud?

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

triplet that's a good one right there

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

South Point made the same mistake a few years back with Triplett. Now they've hired some carpet bagger, who has guided them to a 2-8 season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Heard on the radio, coach at Adena is retiring after this season. So Adena looking for new coach in 2016

1champion00
Waterboy

Post by 1champion00 »

Looking for change at Ironton.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Will GAHS be making a change ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

billcox wrote:Will GAHS be making a change ?
Didn't they just hire this coach???

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
GoBigGrover
Waterboy

Post by GoBigGrover »

I like how this topic is about coaching changes, and 3/4 of this forum is Ironton fans griping and hoping for something that will not happen. You won your league, made the playoffs after playing a brutal schedule. What more do you want? It's like griping about your gold watch because you wanted silver! Lol

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Made the playoffs in the weakest region

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Orange and Brown wrote:
billcox wrote:Will GAHS be making a change ?
Didn't they just hire this coach???
From what I have heard, change may be coming again in the French City.

Return to “Football”