Playoffs #7 River Valley @ #2 Zane Trace

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: #7 River Valley @ #2 Zane Trace

Post by spartans_fan »

greygoose wrote:River Valley simply the best team in an otherwise weak league this year, Zane Trace by 3+ scores and wouldn't be surprised to see a shutout pitched in this one.
Interestingly enough, the 6th best team in the TVC, Wellston, routed the third best team in the SVC, Adena, this year. I am not picking a winner, but this will be a closer game than most people think. RV has a very disciplined defense and their QB throws a nice ball.

Go TVC.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

spartans_fan wrote:
greygoose wrote:River Valley simply the best team in an otherwise weak league this year, Zane Trace by 3+ scores and wouldn't be surprised to see a shutout pitched in this one.
Interestingly enough, the 6th best team in the TVC, Wellston, routed the third best team in the SVC, Adena, this year. I am not picking a winner, but this will be a closer game than most people think. RV has a very disciplined defense and their QB throws a nice ball.

Go TVC.

And?? River Valley 2 wins against teams with a .500 or better record, Zane Trace had 5 wins against teams .500 or better 3 coming against D4 schools. Westfall put up late scores against the backups in final game of season and Logan Elm scored 28 in 1st game of the season the other 8 games a total of 35 points given up. You mention defense and QB throwing a nice ball, my prediction is simply based off the fact I don't believe they'll score on Zane Trace which going off the points they put up seems like a very fair assessment. I don't have a dog in the fight best thing to come from this game in the end one of the schools will have done something neither has done, win a playoff game. For River Valley this is their first ever shot I hope they enjoy the moment and the week leading up to game time. For Zane Trace they've been here before but this time they're the higher ranked team so we'll see if they use home field to their advantage. Good Luck to both teams

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

RV best team in a weak league? You realize RV didn't win that weak league, so not sure how they can be the best!

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

Outside of Paint Valley and Zane Trace, the Scioto Valley Conference is utterly terrible. Just something to keep in mind when comparing schedules.

That being said, I still think Zane Trace is the favorite in this one, and will find a way to win in a game that is closer than many expect.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Close games don't bother Zane Trace, they thrive on it. They play great defense and score enough to beat you.

BuckeyeNut10
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeNut10 »

BlizzardMan wrote:I'm picking RV in an upset. Zane Trace is 10-0, but playing a weak schedule. I just feel they are due to drop one. RV by a field goal (Wray has a boot).
I like the optimism! Go RV!
Do you think the 2003 team would beat this ZT team?

bevo
Varsity

Re: Playoffs #7 River Valley @ #2 Zane Trace

Post by bevo »

2 very evenly matched teams, River valley playing by far the tougher schedule and the better league. At home Zane Trace should be a 2-3 point favorite.
I don't think Zane Trace has seen a defense like RV has. They adapt well in game which is huge and yes I think they will score on ZT!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

greygoose wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:

Go TVC.

And?? River Valley 2 wins against teams with a .500 or better record, Zane Trace had 5 wins against teams .500 or better 3 coming against D4 schools. Westfall put up late scores against the backups in final game of season and Logan Elm scored 28 in 1st game of the season the other 8 games a total of 35 points given up. You mention defense and QB throwing a nice ball, my prediction is simply based off the fact I don't believe they'll score on Zane Trace which going off the points they put up seems like a very fair assessment. I don't have a dog in the fight best thing to come from this game in the end one of the schools will have done something neither has done, win a playoff game. For River Valley this is their first ever shot I hope they enjoy the moment and the week leading up to game time. For Zane Trace they've been here before but this time they're the higher ranked team so we'll see if they use home field to their advantage. Good Luck to both teams
Lets put it this way River Valley played 4 teams with winning records all were Div 5 Div 4 & Div 2 Zane Trace played 3 teams with winning records 2 Div 6 teams and 1 div 4 team and barely beat Adena who Wellston just rolled! How would Zane Trace fare against RV schedule? I think about the same or worse! They played Southeastern, Huntington etc and your bragging about the defense??

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

zt scrimmaged central crossing and held their own.. they are a d1 play off team
then scrimmaged circleville and wellston
we cant help our league schedule
we lost 3 of our top players in a week and maintained and undefeated team- not many d5 teams can do that

our 3 out of league were d4 teams logan elm, greenfield and waverly
they are not afraid to schedule and play anyone

central crossing was very good and would run the table in southern ohio (they lost to pick north, hilliard davidson and upper arlington)- burg would not beat them!
paint valley went 9-1 and although they took out several of our players they couldnt beat us
logan elm lost 4 games to 3 playoff teams

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on 92.1 FM with streaming at www.wyvk.com.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

if RV plays as well as they did against my Athens team they have a shot to win. Held our 2000 yard rusher in check. Why did ZT struggle with Adena? Adena isn't good

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Raider6309 wrote:if RV plays as well as they did against my Athens team they have a shot to win. Held our 2000 yard rusher in check. Why did ZT struggle with Adena? Adena isn't good
I heard something about that game as to why it was so close. I can't remember what it was though.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bevo wrote:
greygoose wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:

Go TVC.

Lets put it this way River Valley played 4 teams with winning records all were Div 5 Div 4 & Div 2 Zane Trace played 3 teams with winning records 2 Div 6 teams and 1 div 4 team and barely beat Adena who Wellston just rolled! How would Zane Trace fare against RV schedule? I think about the same or worse! They played Southeastern, Huntington etc and your bragging about the defense??
LOL, you do realize the same defense that shut down 9 of the 10 teams they played, westfall scoring against backups, also played a 9-1 Paint Valley team who by the way is playoff bound and held them to 8 points and I believe minimal yards. The only playoff team RV played was Alexander, who they lost to. Honestly with the defense and playmakers they had before some injuries, going against this years TVC, Zane Trace probably goes the same or better, please don't brag about beating Athens who lost everyone. Some of you are taking predictions way to seriously, if you can't handle me explaining why I believe a team will win then don't read and don't post. The game will be played this is the fun of the forum and I'll be proven right or wrong and the best part is it doesn't really matter because I could care less who wins but when I state the obvious about Zane Trace and why I believe they'll win because of defense that's just how I feel. You'll find out when you watch the game you want to know before hand call any SVC coach and they'll tell you exactly what makes them so tough against that front line. Good Luck

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

BuckeyeNut10 wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:I'm picking RV in an upset. Zane Trace is 10-0, but playing a weak schedule. I just feel they are due to drop one. RV by a field goal (Wray has a boot).
I like the optimism! Go RV!
Do you think the 2003 team would beat this ZT team?
I'm not sure, but I do think you are a jackass and have been one since at least 2003.

As fgor the game, ZT does have a disrtinct advantage in one important area..... experience. They've been here several times before.

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

greygoose wrote:
bevo wrote:
greygoose wrote:

LOL, you do realize the same defense that shut down 9 of the 10 teams they played, westfall scoring against backups, also played a 9-1 Paint Valley team who by the way is playoff bound and held them to 8 points and I believe minimal yards. The only playoff team RV played was Alexander, who they lost to. Honestly with the defense and playmakers they had before some injuries, going against this years TVC, Zane Trace probably goes the same or better, please don't brag about beating Athens who lost everyone. Some of you are taking predictions way to seriously, if you can't handle me explaining why I believe a team will win then don't read and don't post. The game will be played this is the fun of the forum and I'll be proven right or wrong and the best part is it doesn't really matter because I could care less who wins but when I state the obvious about Zane Trace and why I believe they'll win because of defense that's just how I feel. You'll find out when you watch the game you want to know before hand call any SVC coach and they'll tell you exactly what makes them so tough against that front line. Good Luck
RV has played three playoff teams. Aside from Alex, they beat Rock Hill 26-0 and lost to Shadyside last week.

My prediction is 20-14 ZT

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

How is the ZT field? If someone mentioned it earlier my apologies.
That field is closer related to a chicken coup/ pigsty/ dirt bike track than a football field. I feel bad for the environment that River Valley thinks they will be getting. Because unless some miracle has taken place out there to the field, river fans will leave thinking "What if we played on a football field?"

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

i wonder how the colts thought of playing in the pouring down rain the other night instead of their dome
oh wait, they won anyways- they didnt make excuses, they simply got the job done

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

River Valley is a big physical team. I don't think they care if it's on dirt

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

wrestlefan wrote:i wonder how the colts thought of playing in the pouring down rain the other night instead of their dome
oh wait, they won anyways- they didnt make excuses, they simply got the job done
But, the Panthers won...

These threads are usually fun, the TVC people that are the overwhelming majority on this site get really defensive about their league. I'm sure it's a quality league this year, especially in comparison to the SVC, but you shouldn't overlook the Pioneers because of their schedule.

The Adena game was their first full game without Dunkle at QB. Not sure how they only scored 9, but I'm sure that had a big impact.

I'll take ZT 20-7.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

As far as their football field is considered, I've heard it's not the best. But, they take advantage of where they play. They earned a home playoff game if RV loses, they can't come out of there thinking that's why they lost Rabeanos.

Return to “Football”