2016 Logan Chieftains

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2016 Logan Chieftains

Post by noreply66 »

If Logan goes better than .500 the defense will need to do a lot better. You could go 7 and 3 but at the same time it could be 2 and 8.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Palladin
Waterboy

Post by Palladin »

Dandy Don wrote:Losses to Dublin Jerome, Jackson and DeSales.

Possible losses to Cambridge and Meigs (won by less than a TD last year and they return a core group).

Outside chance at a loss to Athens and/or NY but I doubt it.

No nothing about Hamilton Ross.

7-3 should be the record.
No way we lose to Meigs. Our SEOAL superiority will shine through. Meigs looks too slow on film to beat us.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:If Logan goes better than .500 the defense will need to do a lot better. You could go 7 and 3 but at the same time it could be 2 and 8.
In 2016 Logan's defense will make or break the season Very weak DE and LB's.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Doesn't Cory play defensive end? Or will he play the line this year?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Our run defense has to improve. 72 you are right. It will make or break the season.

AT THE RESERVATION
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

doubleplay is closest to my outlook -- losses to Jerome & DeSales. TV and Jackson are competitive. If Logan has injuries and is too young with backups, 6-4 is probable. However, stay healthy and Logan could win one of TV or Jackson for 7-3.

doubleplay wins the contest prize -- a years supply of cow chips to heat his furnance. Just pick up thru out Jackson Co. Good ole SEO energy ! :lol:

Have gun, will travel
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm hearing my purple buddies saying you are in rebuilding mode as well. I really like the schedule very much. no better way to improve than playing top flight competition. good luck to all my purple chieftain's buddies this fall.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Palladin wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Losses to Dublin Jerome, Jackson and DeSales.

Possible losses to Cambridge and Meigs (won by less than a TD last year and they return a core group).

Outside chance at a loss to Athens and/or NY but I doubt it.

No nothing about Hamilton Ross.

7-3 should be the record.
No way we lose to Meigs. Our SEOAL superiority will shine through. Meigs looks too slow on film to beat us.
Notice username

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

No way Logan loses to TV or Jackson. I've watched some films via hudl of both those teams as well as Athens and Warren and all those teams look really slow on film. Meigs is TVC slow, and NY is TVC weak and slow. All of those teams are typical Southeast Ohio talent wise. With the lack of talent, strength and speed those teams have coming back I just can't see them being competitive with the Chiefs next season. Time to get some of these weak SEO teams off the schedule and start scheduling North, and even better North East.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

how much did Jackson lose, and is Athens building back up. I know andy has em humming in Jackson.
really proud of the efforts the marauders are making there in meigs reviving a program that was on life support. and I'd love to see the ny bucks rolling again. I miss the series with ironton.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

is mike bartrum still at meigs guys.

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:is mike bartrum still at meigs guys.
Yes Bartrum is at Meigs. He has stepped up the schedule and I would love to see them come back to the SEOAL but I think he knows they can't compete on a regular basis with the step up in competition. That was the reason for the "No" vote from Meigs on the SEOAL teams joining the TVC IMO.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Jackson will be loaded with at least 8 kids back on that D from last year. They will be scary good

Live Like A Champion!
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

LogangradKD wrote:Jackson will be loaded with at least 8 kids back on that D from last year. They will be scary good
Good for SEO maybe. But S-L-O-W. It shows on film.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

It didnt show live.

Live Like A Champion!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think that is awesome having mike bartrum there. and I have been following their stepping back up. I remember going to meigs in the 70's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they were in the SEOAL back then.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

FWIW - I'd say I'm a little more pessimistic than Paladin.

Jerome, DeSales, and Jackson seem like a bridge too far for next year's group, although it helps to have Jerome week 1.

Meigs, Cambridge, and Athens will probably all be equal or better than what they had last fall. Can Logan have enough players to step up and get wins again despite the losses in personnel?

Teays Valley has proven to be a battle every year. Nelsonville-York should be much improved.

Hamilton Ross - who knows. At least they make the long bus ride first.

Warren is the only sure win on the schedule.

I think Coach Burke and Co. will put together a team that should win 4 games. With some luck and health I could see 5 or 6. But I think Logan is building for a couple of years from now when they should be back in the hunt for a playoff berth.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

This will be my 19th season being involved with Logan, from either the print, radio, or now the web with Logan Football.com. This Logan team is in a rebuilding transition as any team that I remember. But with that being said they have a good core of kids coming back. Inexperience will be the term used alot heading into the season I think. Logan needs to replace their stud RB and 4 year starter, a very good QB, one of the best if not the best WR in school history; as well as several holes on offense. I think best guess Logan returns maybe 3 starters on offense and 3 on defense. If thats not rebuilding I dont know what is. Every year I am asked by a coach "How many wins do you think this season?" and headed into the season I just dont know. On paper; I see 1 right away at Warren; the rest will be difficult to say. Road trips to Jackson, TV and Cambridge will be tough; home games with DeSales and Jerome will not be easy, and we have no idea about Hamilton Ross at this point but a 2 hour bus ride is never fun to get ready to play. My best guess in March is Logan wins 3 games (wow that was tough to type) but you never know how kids develop and turn out in the preseason. The schedule is daunting to say the least and the lack of experience could hurt them early with a 3 game road stretch.

Live Like A Champion!
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

loganlocos wrote:FWIW - I'd say I'm a little more pessimistic than Paladin.

Jerome, DeSales, and Jackson seem like a bridge too far for next year's group, although it helps to have Jerome week 1.

Meigs, Cambridge, and Athens will probably all be equal or better than what they had last fall. Can Logan have enough players to step up and get wins again despite the losses in personnel?

Teays Valley has proven to be a battle every year. Nelsonville-York should be much improved.

Hamilton Ross - who knows. At least they make the long bus ride first.

Warren is the only sure win on the schedule.

I think Coach Burke and Co. will put together a team that should win 4 games. With some luck and health I could see 5 or 6. But I think Logan is building for a couple of years from now when they should be back in the hunt for a playoff berth.
No way Logan loses to a TVC team. The Chiefs won't lose to a cut-n-run team. So that with Warren is 4 wins right of the get-go. TV and Jackson look really slow on film, especially TV so I can't see them beating Logan. Maybe Jackson but no way TV as slow as they look. So there is 5 sure wins.

Return to “Football”