OVC previews

Native Blood
JV Team

OVC previews

Post by Native Blood »

Anyone got results and or reviews of ovc teams from tonight's previews?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
bhicks42
Freshman Team

Re: OVC previews

Post by bhicks42 »

Coal Grove 14
Rock Hill 12

Ironton 7
Portsmouth 14

Peake over Fairland by a lot

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

When I left South Point had just scored.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

My take is it will be up for grabs in OVC. Ironton has size, Ports mouth looks better. Fairland will take some licks this year. RH and CG about the same this year. My Panthers should be in the mix with their speed and experience and have some size on the line. Can say much about SP and Gallia as I left early.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Thanks for the info, I was unable to attend.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would say the league is up for grabs also. I would also say the league maybe a little better than last year but the OVC is not muck to talk about at this time. But it is early had I hope all the teams improve. Good Luck!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

bhicks42 wrote:Coal Grove 14
Rock Hill 12

Ironton 7
Portsmouth 14

Did any of the 4-5 Ironton D1 players not dress?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

south point 14 gallia academy 7.... score says more about how bad blue devils played then that south point is good. Gallia academy a very young team hopefully they can grow a lot in the next 14 days.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I was very impressed with Portsmouth. The running back #14 is lightning quick. Also surprised Chesapeake defense was able to pitch a shutout, even if it was in one half of previews. Coal Grove looked strong as well. OVC is definitely up for grabs

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Score of Chesapeake-Fairland game was 24-0. Fairland had 4 fumbles I think, poor tackling team as well. Chesapeake used a good mix of run and pass, speed was too much for Fairland. Panthers rotating a lot of bodies on defense including some that didn't get varsity experience last season

ROLL PEAKE
fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Didn't get to see RH vs. CG but I am sure their name is in that hat to win the OVC. Chesapeake will be a favorite, a lot of speed and athletes, Ironton wasn't very impressed, their line is HUGE and they have a pretty good running back, IMO this will be Vass's last year in Itown. Team I was most impressed with.... Portsmouth, they flew to the football and played hard, line wasn't real big but they made up for it with effort, as for the RB #14 he's a freshman and the reason he is so good is bc its in his blood, that's JoJo Parkers boy. He will be fun to watch the next 4yrs and for all your Pmouth fans keep your chin up Coach Ducan has them going in the right direction, give him time!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

great news Im hearing about my Trojans,I love the staff, and hope for some great improvement this year, love hearing that they are running to the ball, we have lacked that skill in the last decade, tackleing has been poor at best Go Trojans

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

How good is South Point ?

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Abe Froman wrote:
Rock Hill 12

Ironton 7
Portsmouth 14

Lo

No ,they played all underclassmen no starters played at all coach vass. Not showing burg nothing

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

impossible to tell how good south point is. Blue devils played so bad you couldn't tell. hopefully they will improve over next 2 weeks

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

um Ironton Played all their starters until 4min to go. The Webb boy was playing and so was the other huge lineman they have and Tanner Wilson was in the backfield. Also talked to an Ironton Parent and was told this would be the starting group. This will be Vass's last year at Ironton.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Noitall wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
Rock Hill 12

Ironton 7
Portsmouth 14

Lo

No ,they played all underclassmen no starters played at all coach vass. Not showing burg nothing
Of course you don't show burg anything but you've got to get your put your projected starters in the game to see live action.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Didn't go the previews, but I heard some good things about the Trojans. We were much more physical than we've been the last several years, and our kids did very well defensively vs. Ironton's very big line.

Even though it was a scrimmage of only 2 quarters, it is encouraging to hear some good news from our football Trojans. GO TROJANS!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fred_flinstone wrote:um Ironton Played all their starters until 4min to go. The Webb boy was playing and so was the other huge lineman they have and Tanner Wilson was in the backfield. Also talked to an Ironton Parent and was told this would be the starting group. This will be Vass's last year at Ironton.
The starters (not all of them) for the scrimmage played the first series, there was 3 starters that didn't dress and Scott was one of them. Portsmouth does look much improved from last year, I think the OVC as a whole will do better this season. Good luck to all of the OVC teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fred_flinstone wrote:Didn't get to see RH vs. CG but I am sure their name is in that hat to win the OVC. Chesapeake will be a favorite, a lot of speed and athletes, Ironton wasn't very impressed, their line is HUGE and they have a pretty good running back, IMO this will be Vass's last year in Itown. Team I was most impressed with.... Portsmouth, they flew to the football and played hard, line wasn't real big but they made up for it with effort, as for the RB #14 he's a freshman and the reason he is so good is bc its in his blood, that's JoJo Parkers boy. He will be fun to watch the next 4yrs and for all your Pmouth fans keep your chin up Coach Ducan has them going in the right direction, give him time!
I'm glad to hear Portsmouth looked much improved. the ovc is in for a real treat if that ironton/Portsmouth series gets back to full steam.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”