Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Buramgerdin »

Since IBTT always disappears for weeks when his predictions are embarrassing, I will pick up with the Top Ten reasons Ironton beats Burg.

Reason #5

Burgs bus breaks down on the way to the field.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

I am an OVC Fan and would love to see Ironton win in week 1, BUTTTTTT it will not happen! Ironton looks like they have gotten worse form last year, they have great size but it didn't look real useful in the OVC Previews and you Ironton fans can say well they didn't want to show anything to burg maybe that's true but you should still play hard and Ironton didn't against Portsmouth. Wheelersburg by 30+

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigChuck wrote:After what I saw tonight out of the ing Tiger (sorry have to take the Fight out as there is none) tonight vs Portsmouth. The Cream of southern Ohio, The Burg, will utterly destroy the "no fight tigers"....
they never show anything in scrimmages, that has been policy for over 40 years. we'll see soon enough.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Buramgerdin wrote:Since IBTT always disappears for weeks when his predictions are embarrassing, I will pick up with the Top Ten reasons Ironton beats Burg.

Reason #5

Burgs bus breaks down on the way to the field.

NOTE TO SELF,=================SELF, SWALLER BEFORE READING. JUST HAD WELCH'S GRAPE JUICE COME OUT OF MY RIGHT NOSRTIL ON OLE BAIT'S KEYBOARD.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Soon enough we will hear:

Cue it up now...."Predictable Play Calling"....just got a gut feeling.

Call me telepathic.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Just bc you don't want to show anything in previews or a scrimmage your kids should still play hard and Ironton didn't, they looked out of shape and like they were running in quick sand.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

^^And that's a surprise? Ironton is notoriously a team that gets beat in the second half due to the fact they're fat, slow, and outta shape. The days of running between the tackles, burning the clock and trying to win a game 21-14 are over.

Its real simple, load the box and if they try and pass, use your team speed to recover. Even if we load the box and they try to run outside, we will still beat them to the edge. Speed is why living between the tackles hasn't worked in the NFL nor the college level for sometime.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Ironton offense will not be good enough to put any points up on the scoreboard against "Da Burg"

Da Burg 32
Ironton 0

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Blackjack wrote:Ironton offense will not be good enough to put any points up on the scoreboard against "Da Burg"

Da Burg 32
Ironton 0
:roll: :D

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BigChuck wrote:After what I saw tonight out of the ing Tiger (sorry have to take the Fight out as there is none) tonight vs Portsmouth. The Cream of southern Ohio, The Burg, will utterly destroy the "no fight tigers"....
they never show anything in scrimmages, that has been policy for over 40 years. we'll see soon enough.
Do you really think ironton is the ONLY team that don't show their full hand in scrimmage games?

I heard ports. Had 3 starters that was a little banged up so they didn't dress them.

You can't tell nothing by these games it's funny that coaches even scout them ,i seen valley and burg coaches at this game and I bet they both came away with nothing

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think you can get some things but not much. Ironton will be ready to play and better than what they showed in scrimmage and so will burg. Until Ironton can prove they can defend the pass, I'm going with the burg.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton had their speed back out, Scott, and he wont play until the Burg game. Ironton also had Carico out who would be the only returning starter in the backfield. He also wont be returning until the Burg game. Pleasant didn't play. He is one of the two starting linebackers, while Scott is the Starting Safety and Carico is one of the starting corners. Ironton also had out two of their starting linemen for that game who also wont be playing until the Burg game. This game was a nice game for some of the fans to see the orange and black jerseys get out on the field and have a few of the kids work on some plays that they needed to work on in a practice situation. It also gave some of the kids a chance to show the coaches that if they were needed down the road for certain roles how they might react against varsity competition. Some were ready while others weren't quite there yet. Scrimmages are just that. To some people it is their super bowl any time they get a shot at beating a team like Ironton or Wheelersburg even if those teams aren't at full strength or giving a full effort at winning the scrimmage. With two weeks left to go, at this point after seeing the talent in the OVC and most of the SOC, I am thinking Ironton will be the team in Southern Ohio to beat. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg will be a toss up for second, while Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Minford, Piketon and Chesepeake will be a toss up after that. I can see Ironton getting the one seed this year in the computer poll going 10-0 as Ashland now has no backfield or line, Russell is down and after seeing Burg they just wont compete athlete wise. Burg and Portsmouth both will either go 9-1 or 8-2 barring a major bad game. Among the next group of teams I would have to give the nod to Minford or Chesepeake. I believe Chesepeake's size will hamper them by the end of the season and keep them out of contention.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:Ironton had their speed back out, Scott, and he wont play until the Burg game. Ironton also had Carico out who would be the only returning starter in the backfield. He also wont be returning until the Burg game. Pleasant didn't play. He is one of the two starting linebackers, while Scott is the Starting Safety and Carico is one of the starting corners. Ironton also had out two of their starting linemen for that game who also wont be playing until the Burg game. This game was a nice game for some of the fans to see the orange and black jerseys get out on the field and have a few of the kids work on some plays that they needed to work on in a practice situation. It also gave some of the kids a chance to show the coaches that if they were needed down the road for certain roles how they might react against varsity competition. Some were ready while others weren't quite there yet. Scrimmages are just that. To some people it is their super bowl any time they get a shot at beating a team like Ironton or Wheelersburg even if those teams aren't at full strength or giving a full effort at winning the scrimmage. With two weeks left to go, at this point after seeing the talent in the OVC and most of the SOC, I am thinking Ironton will be the team in Southern Ohio to beat. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg will be a toss up for second, while Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Minford, Piketon and Chesepeake will be a toss up after that. I can see Ironton getting the one seed this year in the computer poll going 10-0 as Ashland now has no backfield or line, Russell is down and after seeing Burg they just wont compete athlete wise. Burg and Portsmouth both will either go 9-1 or 8-2 barring a major bad game. Among the next group of teams I would have to give the nod to Minford or Chesepeake. I believe Chesepeake's size will hamper them by the end of the season and keep them out of contention.
:lol: :o :shock: Somebody kick me, PLEASE. I think my brain stopped working. Did I read that right? Ironton is THE TEAM TO BEAT? Holy smokes guys. Burg can't compete athlete wise? :lol: This guy is a freaking comedian. He knows all this about an Ironton team who has "shown nothing" all while watching them and Burg and Minford and Chesapeake and Portsmouth from his couch in Florida. Lay off the sauce IBTT.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

IBTT wrote:Ironton had their speed back out, Scott, and he wont play until the Burg game. Ironton also had Carico out who would be the only returning starter in the backfield. He also wont be returning until the Burg game. Pleasant didn't play. He is one of the two starting linebackers, while Scott is the Starting Safety and Carico is one of the starting corners. Ironton also had out two of their starting linemen for that game who also wont be playing until the Burg game. This game was a nice game for some of the fans to see the orange and black jerseys get out on the field and have a few of the kids work on some plays that they needed to work on in a practice situation. It also gave some of the kids a chance to show the coaches that if they were needed down the road for certain roles how they might react against varsity competition. Some were ready while others weren't quite there yet. Scrimmages are just that. To some people it is their super bowl any time they get a shot at beating a team like Ironton or Wheelersburg even if those teams aren't at full strength or giving a full effort at winning the scrimmage. With two weeks left to go, at this point after seeing the talent in the OVC and most of the SOC, I am thinking Ironton will be the team in Southern Ohio to beat. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg will be a toss up for second, while Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Minford, Piketon and Chesepeake will be a toss up after that. I can see Ironton getting the one seed this year in the computer poll going 10-0 as Ashland now has no backfield or line, Russell is down and after seeing Burg they just wont compete athlete wise. Burg and Portsmouth both will either go 9-1 or 8-2 barring a major bad game. Among the next group of teams I would have to give the nod to Minford or Chesepeake. I believe Chesepeake's size will hamper them by the end of the season and keep them out of contention.
I'm speechless. I can't even think of anything to post after reading this one.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

OMG. That may be the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IBTT, for your sake, you better hope that your prediction comes true or it's going to be tough sledding for you. Burg has had some pretty good teams in the past even winning 9 out of the 10 SOC championships in the nineties, having said that last year was the first 10-0 regular season since the 1989 state championship year. Now we are supposed to believe that Ironton can pull that feat off after losing some of the talent they had last year going 6-4. I'm skeptical but will eat crow should they pull it off.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I get not looking good or showing anything in a scrimmage but I'm not sure how you explain the lack of fire and lack of conditioning that some were reporting

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

85yards wrote:^^And that's a surprise? Ironton is notoriously a team that gets beat in the second half due to the fact they're fat, slow, and outta shape. The days of running between the tackles, burning the clock and trying to win a game 21-14 are over.

Its real simple, load the box and if they try and pass, use your team speed to recover. Even if we load the box and they try to run outside, we will still beat them to the edge. Speed is why living between the tackles hasn't worked in the NFL nor the college level for sometime.
85yards wrote:^^And that's a surprise? Ironton is notoriously a team that gets beat in the second half due to the fact they're fat, slow, and outta shape. The days of running between the tackles, burning the clock and trying to win a game 21-14 are over. NO NEED TO HOLD BACK 85 , TELL US WHAT YER REALLY THINKIN HOSS.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

I wonder at times if ITBB even reads his own posts? Ironton has gone from having "6-7" running backs that were all going to be good and run in and out, to now they are missing 2 so that is the reason they were not very good. Of course, they didn't "show anything" from the T. What is there in the T formation that wasn't shown? Because every time I have watched Ironton it is the same basic 4 plays they run out of the T, which were the same ones they ran vs Portsmouth. And how do you not "show much" on defense? Ironton played their base defenses and couldn't tackle Parker or cover the Portsmouth receivers.

To me there were a couple of plays that were very indicative of the scrimmage. Ironton had 4th and less than 1 at their own 40. They ran behind their best lineman. The fullback was hit in the mouth and lost 2 yards. Another play, Portsmouth had 3rd and 12 and ran a draw with Parker who proceeded to shred the defense straight up the middle. Those are key plays that win and lose ball games.

And of course Burg never has the athletes Ironton does but somehow manage to put a running clock on them.

I was told Portsmouth scrimmaged Waverly and lost by 7 TDs. So Portsmouth must not be a powerhouse either.

Also, Ashland has a very good back in the Brown kid, who by the way is at Ashland and did not leave for Spring Valley so you might want to get ready to eat more crow on that one too. Russell also returns most of the players that beat Ironton last year, most importantly one of the best backs in the area Conley. Conley is more capable than Parker since Parker is a freshman and Conley being a senior. Ironton could easily go under 500 with what I saw.

Return to “Football”