Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Post by 79Tiger »

art_vandelay wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This whole thread should be enshrined in a seopreps hall of fame*
Pretty good line coming from a latex salesman.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
thewhiterabbit
Waterboy

Post by thewhiterabbit »

Because you haven't lived until you've posted disparaging remarks about teenagers playing football.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (36.55 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Last edited by thewhiterabbit on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pirate Baller
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Baller »

Glad me and the squad decided to skip out on this one. Had a successful night hittin up the Huntington scene. Ladies?!?!?! Sounds like ironton ought to think bout ending this series. Pirates gonna have to get better though cause Jackson and cold water may be the only games on their schedule this year. Hit me up come week 14...me and the squad gonna be doin work in the meantime!

thewhiterabbit
Waterboy

Post by thewhiterabbit »

Nothing better than a squad especially hittin up a scene in West Virginia. I heard that place is where it's at yo. Good luck to the Pirates on getting some more games on their schedule. Only having 3 games is not good for any squad. Hopefully some more squads will want to play against your squad. Not your squad that was hittin up Huntington but the squad that plays football. Maybe during all of those weeks that the pirate squad is not playing your squad can be doin work to pass the time.
Last edited by thewhiterabbit on Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

tobehonest
Waterboy

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by tobehonest »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:It sounds as if both teams have emptied the bench.
I'd like to see burg work their run game still. Passing was incredible..
Radio said Burg rushed for 300 yards??

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

OMG I am surprised at ironton showing

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I commented prior to the game, but haven't since the end of the game, no need to, anyone who saw the game and understands the game even at an elementary level gets it.

Honestly hard to gauge how good Burg may be based on Week 1, not sure we learned that much, Ironton just, well, provided us with no challenges.

I respect our Ironton foes, they are witness to something that I think everyone can agree needs to change. They have a great tradition and history.

It is one thing to have 1 or 2 issues to work through as a program, but there is a pattern here that anyone can see and the real problem is the pattern is repeating itself. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing year after year and expecting different results.

Leadership is required to create enthusiasm for the program. Discipline, conditioning, body language, the basic ingredient of just wanting to compete as hard as you can doesn't require any god-given talent. First things first man, and best of luck to the Tigers. I think the OVC is wide open this year, and Portsmouth may actually be in that hunt.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

art_vandelay wrote:
JTEK wrote:I still can't believe the burg was able to defeat the best 6th grade team Ironton ever assembled
Actual lol on that post*
This made me launch my Cheerios through my nose. Thanks

Note to self - don't read seop during breakfast.

Ibtt may not know anything about football but at least he knows have to make us all laugh.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Anyone get any stats?

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

fbnut wrote:Anyone get any stats?
I saw a few stats

Ibtt predictions - 0 for 98

Ibtt FOSs - 61

Ibtt posts after game - 1

Ibtt high school career stats
2-14 in singles matches
1-16 in doubles matches
71% serves
2% set point
1% match point

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Have a nice day. Go Tigers
Last edited by sportygrl on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Wow.... Cleanup in aisle 5.

Gonna be a fun season. Life is hard to adjust too when you are just another team.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

I guess the Russell scrimmage the Pirates really were not showing anything. ;)
Well excecuted game Pirates. No contest. The QB position has been filled! Twice. I'd love to see #4 get some touches at RB when he isn't playing QB.
That was probably the dead nell for that Ironton coaching staff.
Disorganized, under conditioned, unprepared and unmotivated teams are a reflection of the coaches I'm sorry to say.
Ironton has talent on the field but it was not used well and by the end of the 2nd quarter the kids had quit. (It was over but you don't quit.)
I don't believe that Ironton team can win the OVC.
Best of luck Tigers the rest of the season.
Go Pirates.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IBTT wrote:I figure come Friday night there will be enough clips of this kid to go around. Pretty good for a third teamer.
Not sure if there will be any clips on that highlight DVD from last nights game.
Someone might want to check on IBTT this morning to make sure he's ok

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Seems to be a couple tiger posters mia , and they are usually on here 24-7. Talking all kinds crap ,in well we can listen to the crickets

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Very disappointing game to watch. Was hoping to catch a hard hitting game between two traditional programs . Instead it was a track meet. Ironton looked slow, tired and confused. Looked like first week of practice .

Burg looked fast , well coached and disciplined. Def flies to the football and swarms like hornets .

I just hope my ironmen (burg #2 with the halls running it) can keep it close for a few minutes

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

When you get beat 49 to 6, that's saying something. It says you just weren't ready, and your toughness and determination are in question. Seems that this Ironton team has the same problems as last season, except you don't have Palladino and Young to put a band-aid on it and keep things from getting ugly.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Every year I look forward to the Ironton game to guage where the teams are headed , you can see from the game where it's going. Sorry to say, if Burg played there first string longer I believe the score could have been 75 to 0. Won't look forward to the Ironton game as a guage for a while.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Id like to put my two cents in on this...

I know Ironton up to the point of Lutz retiring was the "Cream of the Crop" in Southeastern Ohio. Now that the Lutz Era has been gone for a couple of years... And Ironton is not looking like the Powerhouse program that it once was doesn't mean its fair game to attack these teenagers that's playing the game that they love. These kids get out and put in the work during the summer in long hot days. And they take away their relaxing from school time to work on getting better every day. If anything should be attacked. Its the Coaching Staff... Its the Coaching staffs responsibility to get the kids disciplined, prepared and ready for battle week in and week out. And if the Coaches aren't doing this... then possibly the devotion of the kids playing aint to the highest level. Hence, The kids are doing their best. Perhaps maybe they aren't getting the motivation from the Coaching staff that they need? But in no way would I ever put the fault off on these kids... Its just not right.

As for Wheelersburg, Congrats on the game! They look like the team to beat in the SOC II no question. As for Ironton, good luck and hopefully the tigers can regroup and find their niche.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

A few comments/questions about Burg:

1. When you have 83 kids in your program it promotes competition (in the weight room and on the field). You have to come to practice every day ready to fight for playing time. This shows on Friday night. In a lot of weeks the competition in practice will be more than what they will see in the game.

2. Burg isn't going away any time soon. They only have 12 seniors on the roster. That means next years roster will be around 90!.........not just 90 bodies, but 90 football players/athletes. This is a special time for the program that everyone needs to enjoy.....it won't last forever.

3. With that being said, what can Burg (or anyone else in SE Ohio) do to strengthen its schedule and get them ready for a team like Coldwater? Its not easy for a team from our area. Nobody wants to play Wheelersburg. Ironton went through it for years.....I remember several times they could only get 9 games. Everyone says play this team or play that team, but you must realize that so and so must want to play you AND your open dates must align.

Return to “Football”