SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Beechwood wrote:All this Logan walk. Let me ask you. Are you going to the playoffs? If not why so much talk?

They currently sit at 4th in Division 2, Region 7. If they beat Ironton, not only will they be in, but they will be hosting a first round game.

Up in Boone County, West Virginia
There lives the outlaw Jesco White
And the way he loves to dance
Makes all men want to fight...
Beechwood
Waterboy

Post by Beechwood »

Jesco White wrote:
Beechwood wrote:All this Logan walk. Let me ask you. Are you going to the playoffs? If not why so much talk?

They currently sit at 4th in Division 2, Region 7. If they beat Ironton, not only will they be in, but they will be hosting a first round game.

Well, i guess its about time logan makes the playoffs? One think about it 82 points will always comes back the haunt you.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Ironton has a monumental task ahead of them. Logan has been tearing up the SEOAL and looks to be hosting a 1st round game in DII. I would also think they would have to be favorites to win their region. Ironton, IMO, will have to win this game to make it to week 11. With that being said, I would still bet that the Tigers practice this week and head to Logan on Friday.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Beechwood wrote:
Jesco White wrote:

Well, i guess its about time logan makes the playoffs? One think about it 82 points will always comes back the haunt you.

They've been in back-to-back seasons, as they qualified in D-1, Region 3 last year.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I love my Ironton Fighting Tigers, but Logan is too much...I think Ironton will play hard, but Logan is simply a better team

Beechwood
Waterboy

Post by Beechwood »

Jesco White wrote:
Beechwood wrote:
Jesco White wrote:

They've been in back-to-back seasons, as they qualified in D-1, Region 3 last year.

If thats he case 82 points will not get logan points to qualify. Good Luck to Ironton. And, I look for an OVC Championship at Rock Hill.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Beechwood wrote:
Jesco White wrote:
Beechwood wrote:
Jesco White wrote:

If thats he case 82 points will not get logan points to qualify. Good Luck to Ironton. And, I look for an OVC Championship at Rock Hill.

I'm sorry, but you lost me. What exactly do you mean by, "82 points will not get Logan points to qualify"?

Logan will most likely get into the playoffs win or lose against Ironton and with a win they will end up hosting a first round game. Also, where do you get 82 points from?
Last edited by Jesco White on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Logan's 4th playoff exp. since 2000. The first in D-2 (where the 4 too many boys finally dropped a bit) where we belonged all along.
Still made it to the regional finals of region 3 only to be beat by eventual state champ in 2000.
Beat by eventual state champ last year.
Desales in our region is looking like state material with the wins on thier schedule.
1st, let's take care of bidniz! Ironton week 10. No, there won't be 82 scored by Logan. Maybe 50 or so.
GO CHIEFS!!!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

bet they play the starters a long time friday just to run it up to make a statement :?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

They should play their starters a lot. They need to work on the plays that will help them advance in the playoffs while keeping the team focused. The starters need to play and play at a high level of performance. The score is not as important as doing what needs to be done on the field. If it turns into a blow out Logan should substitute a couple of players with the first team. If it is a blowout the fourth quarter should be a time to use the second team.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

tl895 wrote:bet they play the starters a long time friday just to run it up to make a statement :?

Our starters have only played 4 quarters against one league team (Zanesville) all season.

I think we're making plenty of statements by playing the JVs in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

DAC10
Waterboy

Post by DAC10 »

Stranger things have happened....I am not so sure the Tigers will just lay down and let them run up the score....

I Am What I Am...You Are What You Are!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... let's see the Ironton supporters have set the stage for Logan to look bad IF Logan simply gets the close "W" ... they have set the stage for Logan to look bad IF Logan beats a lower division school ... they have set the stage for Logan to look bad IF Logan blows Ironton out of Bill Sauer ... they have set the stage for Logan to look bad IF Logan plays it's "players" past the 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter ... Ironton supporters have set the stage for Logan to look bad should the water boyz and girls give water to the officials ...the Ironton supporters have narrowed it down should Ironton get beat by Logan it has everything to do with "Global Warming" and nothing to do with the Logan TEAM ... RIP I say we just kick their A$$es and not worry about any of it ...

... one thing for sure on Friday night - with ALL of the alumni, the football drop, the ACE quad drawing ... all of the hoopla around the Last Game on the Bill Sauer Farewell Tour ... any Ironton fan better get to the field early or YOU won't have a seat EVEN on the visitors side of the field ...all of the alumni and families have to sit somewhere guess where they are heading ??? SRO for the Tiger fans ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

For the tigers to beat logan they have to play a perfect game....and i dont see that happenig....logan is kickin on all cylinders and there confidence is sky high and mike angle has been on fire these last few games...
logan- 55
ironton-7

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

pfloyd wrote:... let's see the Ironton supports have set the stage for Logan to look bad IF Logan simply gets the close "W" ... they have set the stage for Logan to look bad IF Logan beats a lower division school ... they have set the stage for Logan to look bad IF Logan blows Ironton out of Bill Sauer ... they have set the stage for Logan to look bad IF Logan plays it's "players" past the 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter ... Ironton supporters have set the stage for Logan to look bad should the water boyz and girls give water to the officials ...the Ironton supporters have narrowed it down should Ironton get beat by Logan it has everything to do with "Global Warming" and nothing to do with the Logan TEAM ... RIP I say we just kick their A$$es and not worry about any of it ...

... one thing for sure on Friday night - with ALL of the alumni, the football drop, the ACE quad drawing ... all of the hoopla around the Last Game on the Bill Sauer Farewell Tour ... any Ironton fan better get to the field early or YOU won't have a seat EVEN on the visitors side of the field ...all of the alumni and families have to sit somewhere guess where they are heading ??? SRO for the Tiger fans ...

AMEN!

DAC10
Waterboy

Post by DAC10 »

:roll:

I Am What I Am...You Are What You Are!
LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

Pfloyd, everything you just said was absolutely amazing.

GREAT POST!!

The Space Cowboy says :
Logan-63
Arruntun-6

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

tl895 wrote:bet they play the starters a long time friday just to run it up to make a statement :?

You cant just go and talk smack about Logan all year becuase they are indeed the big dogs that they said they would be before the season, dog them all year long THEN the week before the game get on here and say something like that. Ironton deserves to get beat as bad as they are going to get it this Friday. They have been asking for it, and they are going to get it.

CHIEFS ROLL!!!

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

If this game goes as the Logan posters say it will, the threads on here all week will be much more entertaining than the football tilt friday!!

Calling it like it is...
Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

That grammar for D1's last two posts doesn't seem like his. Wonder who it could be typing for him... :-D

Return to “Football”