SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ignore the " I'town bravado" ... execute, take no prisoners, play as if Friday night is your last time on a high school football field ... just kick their "arses" so they can hear the Victory Bell ringing at the East end of the field as I'towns final memory of playing on Bill Sauer Field ...

... Go Purple !!! keep your eye on the prize !!! ...

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

tl895 wrote:bet they play the starters a long time friday just to run it up to make a statement :?

Like Ironton use to do, lets face facts, Ironton has had the score ran up on them alot this year and not to make the fightin tigger fans mad on here, but, THE TIGERS HAD IT COMING, Everyone in I-Town should have known that a season like this one was coming sooner or later, that you would have a team that is good but when taking on better teams they would lay it on you.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

2trap_4ever wrote:
tl895 wrote:bet they play the starters a long time friday just to run it up to make a statement :?

Like Ironton use to do, lets face facts, Ironton has had the score ran up on them alot this year and not to make the fightin tigger fans mad on here, but, THE TIGERS HAD IT COMING, Everyone in I-Town should have known that a season like this one was coming sooner or later, that you would have a team that is good but when taking on better teams they would lay it on you.

Logan won't "run it up" on the Tigers if they get the opportunity. They have bigger fish to fry than the 4th best team in the SEOAL. If Logan can build an early lead the starters will play about three quarters.

I for one hope Ironton plays great and forces us to play our kids four quarters so they can finally get some real work in. They haven't had to since the Zanesville game way back in week 6.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

tigercannon71 wrote:
JMoney wrote:friday will be insane and unforgetable (spl.)

Especially after the Tigers pull off the upset.

so you do agree that logan is better than ironton and it would be an upset if ironton somehow managed a "W"??? ;-)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

thanks for the info, ohbuckeye...

Again, out of curiosity, what is Logan's postseason history? I'll be the first to tell you I know next to nothing about Logan :oops:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

JMoney wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

so you do agree that logan is better than ironton and it would be an upset if ironton somehow managed a "W"??? ;-)

Anytime a 5-4 DIV team beats a D II team that is 8-1 you gotta consider it an upset.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

fuzzhead -

Logan is 2-5 all time in the postseason, all their previous appearances have been in Division One.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Thanx double "L"

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

tigercannon71 wrote:
JMoney wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

Anytime a 5-4 DIV team beats a D II team that is 8-1 you gotta consider it an upset.

Jeeze, We have not even won yet and I already hear a hint at the D II excuse

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Well I see the board has changed during my most recent break and i AM glad to see most of the Chieftain Envy IS under control. i was hoping some of the things I prescribed would help and i see they have. We still have one acute case out the in Toy Cannon and i doubt if seeing the Chiefs just once will help. I hope he gets a tape of the Logan ironton game so he can watch it during the off season and he can get his Chieftain Envy under control.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Seen em not impressed. I will say Frye impressed me. He is a heck of a back. Other than that not impressed. Ive seen better teams.

Beechwood
Waterboy

Post by Beechwood »

Who have you put 82 points up against? I't won't be Ironton. Don't get to over confident. You all have the game won. And. it's only Sunday. Talk you TRASH to someone else. Of course thats all you.ve done all year.

Oh yell, Lancaster shut you up.

I'll post no more. See you Friday.

Arnton Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Arnton Tiger »

I hope the Fighting Tigers play hard and make a good showing. It would be nice to see a big upset, but I'm not going to bet my house on it.

As for the comments as to whether or not Logan will "run up the score"......who cares? Ironton football certainly doesn't have to point to the score of this game to make or break its reputation. Everyone around the area knows that the Ironton boys are having a rough year in the W/L catagory.

So, if it will make some folks from Logan feel good about their football program and themselves (vicariously of course), then go ahead and kick the Ironton Fighting Tigers when they're down. I doubt that Coach Lutz or the many Sophomores and Juniors that start for the Fighting Tigers will remember it anyway.

Go Fighting Tigers! Play hard!!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Toy Cannon,
I know you have seen the Buckeyes on TV. What high scholl team have you seen this year (in person) that is better than Logan. i know those teams are out there just curious who you have seen. Also if Frye is the only Logan kid you were impressed with I would say you have NO eye for talent. of course CE does cause temporary blindness.

Beech obviously you also suffer from Chieftain Envy. Check the computer points Logan has long since passed lancaster in points. Upsets happen. Heck LSU lost a game. Do you think they are a bad team??? I hope you get the cure.

Arnton,

I don't care how old the kids are. Ironton will not touch Logan the next two years. You see Logan is also playing a bunch of Sophs and Juniors. You are another poor guy living in the past. You guys were great once. It is over for you guys. heck Notre Dame (the college) was good once too. I think you both won your last championship around the same time.

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

Beechwood wrote:Who have you put 82 points up against? I't won't be Ironton. Don't get to over confident. You all have the game won. And. it's only Sunday. Talk you TRASH to someone else. Of course thats all you.ve done all year.

Oh yell, Lancaster shut you up.

I'll post no more. See you Friday.

talk you trash somewhere else? If you could address this with proper grammar I might have just done that. Instead... NO! It's mutual from Ironton and Logan. Here is an example of an Iroton post from say Toycannon from Ironton.

"I'm not impressed. Ironton has so many state titles we could never be beat. I have bad eye vision. You're D II"

Now an example from a Logan Poster like D II.

"Shii Dahh. Quit living in the past."

If you had viewed spats between Ironton and logan posters all year. Apparently you have not. Back out. We're cocky because we can back it up this year. Ironton's cocky because they have the past to cling to. Not a good excuse but whatever floats there boat. If you're not going to see it from both sides beechwood then take your bad grammar somewhere else.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

d14life...would it sound something like this :?:
speaking about beechwood mind you..
"Shiiiiiii Daaaahhhh that beech dun ben delt wit..jut like dem aron tigas"

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

ALL RIGHT , SPORTS FANS !!! Are we having fun yet ????????? :lol:

The game of the YEAR for the "smack daddys" from "Arnton".

The Logan kids need the workout for the play offs. They SHOULD play at least ALL 3 quarters and should also play some in the 4th to get "seasoned" for the up swing in competition in the D-II play offs. REGARDLESS of score.

And its the regular season finale EVER at the Hilltop. Forget about the mouthy "smack daddys" from the river. Win the game & get ready for play offs . 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

This game is all about FOCUS for the Chieftains.

Let the "posters" from each town talk all the trash they want. That's for the old men, especially the one who is TWO old.

As long as Logan keeps up their intensity and the focus they have had the first 9 weeks, they will be rewarded and get a home game week 11 and a third consecutive outright SEOAL championship. If the Chiefs get big-headed for the first time all year or allow all the emotion of "the last game on the hilltop" to take over, the Tigers are just the kind of team that will make you pay for those mistakes.

I'll take this senior class and their ability to stay focused.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

2old, congratz on your reincarnation.
I think its ok to be very confident, but to be cocky is different.
We are getting more confidense every week, and mike angle is getting more confident than anyone. and when hes confident, our offense is very balanced.
Locos, what team are we looking at for the post season?
not looking ahead..just very curious.. i know theres a few options..
but who most likely would we get?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

2old wrote:Chieftain Envy

See how bad you want to be like Ironton. You gotta copy us in every thing. Ive seen enough teams to know Logan isnt all they are cracked up to be. You guys will find that out in the 1st round when you guys are 1 and done as usual.
As for the game this Tiger team needs to play perfect to beat Logan this year. They need to tackle and take advantage of Logan miscues. Its been proven Logan can be beat.

Return to “Football”