SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

tiger cannon -

How about the Fighing Irish? I know you must be a Notre Dame fan. That's the only other fan base where someone as dilusional as you are can be accepted.

I guess one and done in the playoffs SURE beats NONE and done.

Do you want me to save you a seat at Logan's first playoff game? Beats sitting at home I guess.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

Its only fun if you win tho.

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

you all are better this year so are a lot of other teams getting in is a big feat for logan when you get consistent on being there then you can chime in and put up your wonderful post.missing it 1 every 10 years is better than making it 1 or 2 every 50 years

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Logan has played two games against teams that are of the same or higher rank in record and division - They are 1-1...

They got beat by DI Lancaster (as always)... then they beat Zanesville, who from what I hear is a 1 man team and is ranked below them anyway...

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Nope sorry Buckeye fan here.

Nah I got more important things to do than watch an overated team like Logan in the playoffs.

I guess when youve made the playoffs 9 years in a row the odds are you'll miss them once.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Logan has played two games against teams that are of the same or higher rank in record and division - They are 1-1...

They got beat by DI Lancaster (as always)... then they beat Zanesville, who from what I hear is a 1 man team and is ranked below them anyway...

Yes, Logan is good when you compare them to an average D4 team like Ironton, or a bad D2 team like Marietta....

With that being said, I hope they prove they can actually prove themselves come postseason time, but until then... what's there to talk about? If its gonna be such a blowout why talk?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the I'town shuffle has gotten sooooooo old ...

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

because fuzzhead
all year we've had to listen to ironton posters talk about how they are going to beat us this year just like the last 6958653641 years and how last year was a fluke blah blah blah
so we're still talking
just like we'll still be playing in week 11...where will ironton be?? on the basketball court ;-)

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

Ironton should just stay home, and save the emabarassment.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

:lol: shiiiiiiiiii

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

conjunction junction, whats your fuctionnnn??

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

JMoney I hope you are wrong. I hope my TIGERS win but I know it is going to be a difficult task.

If...... Logan has the game in hand I hope they do not try to run the score up just because they are playing Ironton. Lets have some class.

I am still going with my FIGHTING TIGERS in an upset

GO TIGERS GO!!!!!!!!

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

and again
logan won't be running the score up
but i'm sure both teams will have jv's playing sometime in the 2nd half and let them knock heads for a while as well
like i said defensive scores and a strong offensive performance..then the jv's take the field
my real prediction just for you beech ;-)
Logan---65
Ironton--14

1st team defense gets the shut out
ironton scores on our jv's a couple times

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

man, what a long winded bunch you logan cats are , first congrats on your beating of the trojans, although i thought they would really keep it a lot closer. because we saw how good a d4 team they are. capable of going deep in the playoffs.

we played a very competitive game against zanesville. we just refuse to wrap up, when tackling. allowing scores that should have never happened. not an excuse , a fact. we were behind 25-22, a 3 point game, and just quit tackling. then wer had a couple very costly turnovers , and the game got ugly in the last 5 minutes. take nothing from zanesville, they broke the tackles, but i've never seen an ironton team. give up that many yards , after initial contact. i'd venture to say, if i had a tape to view, i'd say that electrifying back gaiters , probably got 150/175 yards, after being hit. we just won't wrap up.

if we fix this problem in tackling, it could be a very different game, with logan. because we played very well against zanesville. in spurts. if we tackle like we did the last 2 weeks, we'll get destroyed. but we got 1 more left to play, i'll be there. and behind my tigers as always. we still getta play the game. and we are desperate , to return to the playoffs , and keep our long playoff streak alive. I HOPE THERE IS AN ENOURMOUS CROWD, AND IT IS STANDING ROOM ONLY. GO FIGHTING TIGERS LETS CLOSE OUT THE REGULAR SEASON, WITH A HUGE UPSET OF LOGAN. 8)

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

bait i bet you're excited as the posters of logan to see the hilltop full of purple and white and some spots of orange in our last regular season home game :?:

jenna's daddy
Waterboy

Post by jenna's daddy »

Logan 48 Ironton 6
Good Luck Logan in playoffs..ditto to Zanesville
In the old days Ironton still with the 80's and early 90's teams still would have had a hard game if they played this Logan team. they just don't have the numbers and the size to compete each week. Not to dismiss the Zanesville team which was Gaithers all night, they would have beaten them with the teams they have had easily...but not this Logan team. they are a good D II team. Ironton will be better next year with the whole backfield back,,but you have to get better on the line to compete with the Logan's out there. hopefully (not likely) that the following posts this week will be nice. Good Luck to the SEOAL in the playoffs

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

jenna's daddy wrote:
In the old days Ironton still with the 80's and early 90's teams still would have had a hard game if they played this Logan team. they just don't have the numbers and the size to compete each week.

Come on now.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

fuzzhead wrote:Logan has played two games against teams that are of the same or higher rank in record and division - They are 1-1...

Yes, Logan is good when you compare them to an average D4 team like Ironton, or a bad D2 team like Marietta....

With that being said, I hope they prove they can actually prove themselves come postseason time, but until then... what's there to talk about? If its gonna be such a blowout why talk?

fuzzhead -

I think you need to go back and look at Logan's schedule.

They beat Pickerington North who is 5-4 and Division 1, and also beat Marietta who is Division 2.

That makes them 3-1 against team's their size or bigger.

Also, we had to listen to the Ironton posters the last two years. First, about how they were going to "own" the SEOAL like they did in the '70s, then about how last year was a "fluke" becuase of Merrill Triplet, and third about how our win down at the Tank last year was also a "fluke" because of the mud, because of Triplett, yada, yada, yada!

Generally I'm not one to talk a bunch of trash, and I don't plan to talk a whole lot this week, but I don't blame anyone who wants to.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

logan...easily

Laila Ali
Waterboy

Post by Laila Ali »

tigercannon71 wrote:
2old wrote:Chieftain Envy

See how bad you want to be like Ironton. You gotta copy us in every thing. Ive seen enough teams to know Logan isnt all they are cracked up to be. You guys will find that out in the 1st round when you guys are 1 and done as usual.
As for the game this Tiger team needs to play perfect to beat Logan this year. They need to tackle and take advantage of Logan miscues. Its been proven Logan can be beat.

Spoken Like a True Tiger Fan.

1-2-3 KO Logan! :lol:

Return to “Football”