SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

cannon: you should go into politics with that spin. sorry ytb i just made another post.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

qualified101 wrote:cannon: you should go into politics with that spin. sorry ytb i just made another post.

Spin? Its the truth.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

tigercannon71 wrote:
qualified101 wrote:cannon: you should go into politics with that spin. sorry ytb i just made another post.

Spin? Its the truth.

Kind of like that number advantage Ironton had over Wheelersburg? HAHAHA

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

LoganLocos wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

Spin? Its the truth.

Kind of like that number advantage Ironton had over Wheelersburg? HAHAHA

What number advantage?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Let's see:

Ironton D4

Wheelersburg D5

You tell me?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious from a tigger poster

Have gun, will travel
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

LoganLocos wrote:Let's see:

Ironton D4

Wheelersburg D5

You tell me?

You got no common sense do you? Lets look at this so called numbers advantage Ironton as over the Burg:

Ironton 216
Burg 185
Logan 515
Hmm not much of a differnce between Burg and Ironton is it? you guys know you are so wrong that now you are grasping at straws to try to prove your the best, but like all your efforts you fail miserably.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Logan is about to find out how life is in div.2. I talked to someone today from the Tri Valley area, and they said they would love to play Logan in game 1, and so would I :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Actually, the Scotties are going to find out what playing a 'real" D-II is like when Lake invades. 8)

I would love to play TV, junkman !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have gun, will travel
Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Totaled Cav wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:
2old wrote:Toy Cannon,
Now let the whole world know how much football knowledge youi have. Do you seriously believe West Jeff would beat Logan????

You asked if Ive seen a team better than Logan I responded by yes I have West Jefferson. Does that mean I think they would beat Logan no I dont think they would whys that because they are a DV team. The numbers game would be too much for them. If they were a bigger school then yes I think they would win.

So they're a better team... but wouldn't beat us. Makes a lot of sense Toy Cannon. I know you tried to justify that statment but there is really no way. Do you think before you post?

To those knowledgable it does make sense. If you take a great DV or DIV team and put them up agaisnt a good DII or DI team they will get beat. Why is that you ask? It is because of the numbers game. Those little schools dont have the numbers to compete with the bigger schools. Its common sense thats why you have the different divisions in high school. So yes they are a better team than you guys. I have seen you guys first hand. You running back does impress me, but thats it.

I do understand all of this but it all comes down to win and loss. If we were to play this team and we won we would be better. I do understand what you are saying though.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

how would you be aware of what real d-2 is about being from iron town Junkie :?:
and junkie..i don't think ironton wants to play any good teams this year...is it "rebuilding"...or is it deconstructing down there in ironton? ;-)

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

Is it to late for him to be a third party canidate? :)

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

tigercannon71 wrote:

Ironton D4

Wheelersburg D5

You tell me?

You got no common sense do you? Lets look at this so called numbers advantage Ironton as over the Burg:

Ironton 216
Burg 185
Logan 515
Hmm not much of a differnce between Burg and Ironton is it? you guys know you are so wrong that now you are grasping at straws to try to prove your the best, but like all your efforts you fail miserably.

D4>D5

That's the only numbers your people care about. All you do is whine about how Logan beats up on smaller teams. At least we're not losing to smaller teams!

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

tigercannon71 wrote:

Ironton D4

Wheelersburg D5

You tell me?

Ironton 216
Burg 185
Logan 515

I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here. As an old friend of mine, you might rember him The Space Cowboy, once said we have an abundance of FFA people who do nothing for the sporting areas. I know every schol has that but if we were to compare numers I'm sure ours would be astronomical compared to most other schools. If we were to take all the FFA kids and place them in one school we would be right in D3 or D4. That will never happen thogh so we are D2 stuck playing whiny tiggers in the SEOAL. It's the way the chips fell. We accept it, so should you.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

logan is the best in the seoal right now. as far as the rest of the state/region only time will tell. these are the only facts that matter at the present time. when and if we lose in the next month then it will be the past. Then everybody starts all over again getting ready for next year. if logan would happen to win it all then thats great but after a few weeks of celebrating, its in the past. it would affect the players and coaches the most and that is the way it should be. this is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world we live in. what somebody did 5, 10, 15, 20, 100 years ago in sports(unless its a racial thing or baseball) is irrelevant to right now. some of the folks from ironton cling to these past championships like 3 year old with a teddy bear. If you were on one of these teams then kudos to you because it should be something special but if not, welcome to the present.

This seems like a fairly plain post. It just states the obvious about both teams. I am anxious to see who puts what spin on it to promote their cause. Both teams seasons are going to end soon, one team will play more games than the other, then both teams seasons are over. Let the spinning begin.... 1....2....3.... GO!

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Logan posters brag and brag about how good they are. Get in a league and play schools your own size, you can't. First of all no one wants you. You would be the Athens in a good Div.2 league. The only team you played that is larger than you, Lancaster, which is 6-3, beat you like a drum. You are a big fish in a little pond. And Paladumb, I hope you get your wish. Mighty Logan is about to embark on a moumental task, playing schools there own size, and EVERYBODY but the Logan posters know it will be over quickly as usual. You people run down Coach Lutz, Please tell me what your coaches playoff record is. Let's compare. Boy it must be some great acomplishment winning a league against EVERY team that is smaller than you. Logan has a good team, but has not been battle tested. And will soon haunt you :roll: :roll:

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

Junkie we can brag cuz logan is good they have killed every team they have faced except for lancaster and we did beat pickerington north....and this week logan is going to kill ironton and if logan would face lancaster the outcome would be totally different than wut it was and ur just mad cuz we have a better team than you and will have a better team than you for a long time and wont win league for a long time[/quote]

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

tigercannon71 wrote:
To those knowledgable it does make sense. If you take a great DV or DIV team and put them up agaisnt a good DII or DI team they will get beat. Why is that you ask? It is because of the numbers game. Those little schools dont have the numbers to compete with the bigger schools. Its common sense thats why you have the different divisions in high school. So yes they are a better team than you guys. I have seen you guys first hand. You running back does impress me, but thats it.

Youngstown Cardinal Mooney

8/24 H Mentor (6-2) [1:1] W 21-10
9/1 N Gateway (PA) (7-1) [1:0] W 27-6
9/7 A Archbishop Hoban (2-7) [2:5] W 34-0
9/15 H Warren G Harding (4-5) [1:1] W 49-0
9/21 H Lake Catholic (6-3) [3:9] W 40-14
9/28 A St Francis (NY) (5-3) [2:0] W 21-0
10/6 A Benedictine (4-5) [3:9] W 31-17
10/12 A St Vincent-St Mary (8-1) [4:13] W 21-17
10/19 H Ursuline (7-2) [5:17] W 37-14
10/26 A Bishop Watterson (6-3) [2:7]

Unofficial Region 13 Standings

Canton Central Catholic 2007

8/24 H New Philadelphia (6-3) [3:11] W 25-0
8/31 H Perry (6-3) [1:2] W 35-8
9/7 H Dover (6-3) [3:11] W 35-14
9/15 A Holy Name (4-5) [3:9] W 26-13
9/21 H St Peter Chanel (6-3) [5:17] W 19-0
9/28 H Beaver Local (2-7) [3:11] W 31-27
10/5 A Triway (3-6) [4:13] W 41-7
10/12 A Youngstown East (7-2) [2:7] W 17-14
10/19 H Steubenville (9-0) [4:13] L 34-35
10/26 A St Thomas Aquinas (3-6) [5:17]

Steubenville 2007

8/23 H Indian Creek (4-5) [3:11] W 49-0
8/31 H Buchtel (1-8) [2:5] W 20-6
9/7 A East Liverpool (0-9) [3:11] W 42-0
9/14 H St Joseph's Collegiate (NY) (2-6) [1:0] W 32-14
9/21 H Beaver Local (2-7) [3:11] W 27-6
9/28 H Bishop Watterson (6-3) [2:7] W 23-14
10/5 H Mount St Joseph (MD) (3-4) [1:0] W 35-28
10/12 A Wheeling Park (WV) (5-3) [1:0] W 40-0
10/19 A Canton Central Catholic (8-1) [4:13] W 35-34
10/26 H Cardinal O'Hara (NY) (8-0) [6:0]

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

Tiger Cannon

I think my post kind of blows your little theory out of the water doesn't it?

Even without being from Logan I can see that you're just like the guy who showed up to the gun fight with a knife. lol

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

sports junkie wrote:Logan posters brag and brag about how good they are. Get in a league and play schools your own size, you can't. First of all no one wants you. You would be the Athens in a good Div.2 league. The only team you played that is larger than you, Lancaster, which is 6-3, beat you like a drum. You are a big fish in a little pond. And Paladumb, I hope you get your wish. Mighty Logan is about to embark on a moumental task, playing schools there own size, and EVERYBODY but the Logan posters know it will be over quickly as usual. You people run down Coach Lutz, Please tell me what your coaches playoff record is. Let's compare. Boy it must be some great acomplishment winning a league against EVERY team that is smaller than you. Logan has a good team, but has not been battle tested. And will soon haunt you :roll: :roll:

Junkie -

Your hypothesis: Logan can't win a league of team's their own size.

My counterpoint: We've already beat the Ohio Capital Conference Central Division Champion. That's a league where every team is BIGGER than Logan. I'll play in that league ANYTIME. And I'm not sure the games would have been a WHOLE lot closer. Maybe all 40-7 wins instead of 60-7.

How can you LOOOOVE Tri-Valley (playing in the MVL with D3, D4, and D5 schools, being the ONLY D2) but hate Logan for the same thing?

Let's see some consistency. Logan will lose in the playoff eventually. There are a lot of good teams out there. But outside of DeSales and Lake, I'd feel pretty darn confident and I'd be willing to play Lake as well. DeSales? They're a tough match-up for ANYONE, regardless of division.

Also, I've never said a bad thin about Coach Lutz. I've made fun of the way your fan base thinks he walks on water, but he's a great football coach. But even he can't turn water into wine.

Return to “Football”