SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Curious George wrote:Tiger Cannon

I think my post kind of blows your little theory out of the water doesn't it?

Even without being from Logan I can see that you're just like the guy who showed up to the gun fight with a knife. lol

Bravo, Bravo.

Good teams are good teams, period.

Ironton USED to go out and flat out beat people regardless of division. They used to say "we'll play anyone, anywhere, anytime."

Now they're like everyone else in SE Ohio. Poor little me. We're scared of bigger teams. Yada Yada Yada

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

Can someone run down coach lutz record this year?...?Junkie...
ohh....yeah.....and run down what his record will be in the playoffs this year...oh..yeah..
welll..there is a positive out of it.... he wont get a playoff loss, to make his percentage worse.
anywho,
I HOPE WE PLAY TRI VALLEY..
if we had a choice, they would be the 2nd team i would pick to play.
u keep braging up on tri valley, how they are so good.
but u dont use the d2 excuse for htem, when they play dv 4 and 5 schools all year long.
and im glad ur buddy from valley whishes a game against us.
cuz we are going to give them the same beating they are going to get from lake this week.
We are 20 points better than tri valley.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Even without being from Logan I can see that you're just like the guy who showed up to the gun fight with a knife. lol

No it doesnt blow y theory out of the water. It just shows there are exceptions to every rule. You got 3 out of 800 and some teams that play football in Ohio. Not a real good average is it.

5nybuckeyes
Riding the Bench

Post by 5nybuckeyes »

found something I think you Ironton fans will like.

Just a suggestion but if you plan on being on SEOPS for any amount of time...Don't use your mascot in your name if you plan on moving any time soon!
Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

tigercannon71 wrote:

No it doesnt blow y theory out of the water. It just shows there are exceptions to every rule. You got 3 out of 800 and some teams that play football in Ohio. Not a real good average is it.

There's that "spin" the Logan folks were talking about. Go back and read your original thread that is in my post above. In it you'll find that you said "if you take a GREAT DV or DIV team and put them up against a GOOD DII team they will get beat."

There are 119 D-IV teams in the state of Ohio in football. Since you said "GREAT", then the number we are looking at gets considerably smaller. Obviously, not every team that qualifies for the playoffs is "Great", but we'll use that as a cut-off for th sake of this argument. Now, that's 32 teams right there, and I just gave you 3 better than good examples of your theory being proven wrong.

You tried to switch it up and come back with "3 out of 800", but that isn't the actual case now is it? I didn't make up this comparison, you did. Heck, 3 out of 32 is almost 10%, and I think we all know that to be considered "GREAT" you'd have to do more than just qualify for the playoffs...or should we go ahead and let the other fans from your area know that you think Rock Hill is a "great D-IV program".

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Agian I poke holes in your argument and you want to change it up. What is it with you guys and changing your quesions when your proven wrong. I guess you get good at it when your wrong so much.

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

tigercannon71 wrote:Agian I poke holes in your argument and you want to change it up. What is it with you guys and changing your quesions when your proven wrong. I guess you get good at it when your wrong so much.

What?

What do you mean "I changed it up?" I just said the exact same thing to you in my previous post and showed you where you did so. Can you show me where I've talked about ONE thing that you didn't bring up first? All of my responses have been right on point with what YOU brought up.

Please, just show me ONE thing that I "changed up". Please, any one thing will do.

Don't worry...I'll wait.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Curious George -

You are wasting your breath. TigerCannon doesn't understand how an argument works, let alone how to put one together.

It's fun to banter, but far from intellectually stimulating.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Amen to that! :lol:

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

Loco's have I ever told you I love you?

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

anyway. .. .. back to the ironton game.
i think ironton will be able to move the ball SOME on offense, but not all the way down the field. they have nice runners, i really like #25,

I still believe logan can post the shutout.
and on O.
logan will have their way.
logan 65-7

5nybuckeyes
Riding the Bench

Post by 5nybuckeyes »

Have any of you come to the conclusion that you are making this personal, things are getting a little mean in here.

Just a suggestion but if you plan on being on SEOPS for any amount of time...Don't use your mascot in your name if you plan on moving any time soon!
Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

I've read these threads about how some of you guys are eating up that Logan has a chance to big numbers on the Tigers, if it happens, so be it. I personally don't care if Logan is DI, DII, or DIII or whatever, but anybody that knows anything about high school football knows that the population of a school does matter or there would be no divisions.

Furthermore, I complimented you guys on the obvious good team that you have and the paranoid comes blaring out on how we are setting you guys up. YOU HAVE A GOOD TEAM, please deal with it.

I know that some of you can't believe this, but I do think Logan will be a favorite in their region. It's a tough region and the Cheiftains will have their hands full, but I believe they could be in every game. Just saying this or that won't make it happen and hopefully your young men don't read this stuff. Hard work and focus will make it happen and that includes this Friday Night. Good luck to Logan in the playoffs, but as always.....

GO TIGERS!
Last edited by Riverrat Tiger on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Lets look at it Georgie Mooney top 10 ten in the state overall. Thats very rare for a DIV team to be. Maybe best team in the state I dont know. Look at the other 2 treams the DI and DII teams that Steubenville has played is a combined 17-24. Canton Central Catholic DI and DII teams are a combined 13-5. So these guys arent playing good DI and DII teams they are playing average teams. All you gotta do is look at the schedule. Bam blown up again! I cant wait to see how you change it up now.

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

sports junkie Posted:
Logan posters brag and brag about how good they are. Get in a league and play schools your own size, you can't. First of all no one wants you. You would be the Athens in a good Div.2 league. The only team you played that is larger than you, Lancaster, which is 6-3, beat you like a drum. You are a big fish in a little pond. And Paladumb, I hope you get your wish. Mighty Logan is about to embark on a moumental task, playing schools there own size, and EVERYBODY but the Logan posters know it will be over quickly as usual. You people run down Coach Lutz, Please tell me what your coaches playoff record is. Let's compare. Boy it must be some great acomplishment winning a league against EVERY team that is smaller than you. Logan has a good team, but has not been battle tested. And will soon haunt you

We've been in the league for 80 some years, we aren't going anywhere.
We've beaten every bigger or same size school we've played this year except Lancaster. What is your argument?

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

Here's Tri-Vally's BRUTAL schedule. Junkie, there's a reason they are 9-0 and still only 5th seed...genius. :roll:

8/24 H River View (1-8 ) [3:11] W 42-6
8/31 A John Glenn (7-2) [3:11] W 39-7
9/7 A Maysville (2-7) [4:15] W 55-14
9/14 H West Muskingum (1-8 ) [4:15] W 47-0
9/21 H Philo (3-6) [3:11] W 61-0
9/28 A Morgan (6-3) [3:11] W 48-7
10/5 A Sheridan (7-2) [3:12] W 35-6
10/12 H Crooksville (1-8 ) [5:19] W 61-0
10/19 A New Lexington (7-2) [4:15] W 40-0
0/26 H Lake (6-3) [2:7]

ONE DII TEAM!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Lancaster (6-3) [1:3] L 7-31
Zanesville (7-2) [2:7] W 26-7
Marietta (3-6) [2:7] W 76-20

You beaten 2 teams your size, but Marietta is horrible the only wins they got is over Athens, Warren and an 0-8 Parkersburg South team. So its not like you are dominating teams your size.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

tigercannon71 wrote:Lancaster (6-3) [1:3] L 7-31
Zanesville (7-2) [2:7] W 26-7
Marietta (3-6) [2:7] W 76-20

You beaten 2 teams your size, but Marietta is horrible the only wins they got is over Athens, Warren and an 0-8 Parkersburg South team. So its not like you are dominating teams your size.

And you are LOSING to teams who are smaller than you. What's your point?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

5nybuckeyes wrote:Have any of you come to the conclusion that you are making this personal, things are getting a little mean in here.

I'm not making anything personal. That doesn't mean that other people are not. However, a lot has been said over the last two years and I'm not sure anyone is surprised.

Would I like it to be more civil? Sure, but I'm not sure everyone else feels that way.

Return to “Football”