Newark Catholic 41 Nelsonville-York 21

Corso
Waterboy

Re: WK2 Newark Catholic (1-0) @ Nelsonville-york (1-0) (Saturday)

Post by Corso »

Bucks06 wrote:If this is what the new coaching staff has to offer us in the years to come its gonna be a lot of long losing seasons. Very very sad performance 2 weeks in a row. Play calling is the worst I've ever seen at NY. Defense is the worst I've ever seen at NY.
Yea I told ya were not as good as people think. Offensive line stands around and watches a lot. Defensive backs not lining up right. Playing 10 yards off so NC kept throwing 3 on 2 screens on the outside. If we play anybody decent were going to lose. I have a feeling this was a last minute staff.....I hope
Waiting on orange and brown to get on here and say we dominated the line upfront on both sides of the ball. Lol

Bucks06
Waterboy

Post by Bucks06 »

Lol. I agree. They ran pretty much two plays on us all night and dominated doing so. The staff at NY made no adjustments. Last years play calling was by far better than the first two games. And I kept hearing the coaching staff will fix our passing game and our tackling. Lol where was it fixed??? All I seen was both the passing and tackling got worse.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

You got beat by a very good team! Lose with some class and stay behind your kids and coaches. You still have a chance to have a very successful year (win tvc and make playoffs).

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

MeyerSpread wrote:You got beat by a very good team! Lose with some class and stay behind your kids and coaches. You still have a chance to have a very successful year (win tvc and make playoffs).
Am losing with class, just stating facts. Because I do that I'm not behind the kids?

Bucks06
Waterboy

Post by Bucks06 »

I am from NY I am losing with class and yes Newark Catholic won. But we DID NOT get beat by a very good team. Newark Catholic is average at best. With all the talent this coaching staff inherited here at NY. Its sad to see they are doing nothing with it. And I stand by everything I've said. The coaching staff is not benefiting our kids. Its like they know nothing about football and its showing. I will always support the kids. But this is ridiculous. The worst 2 week performances ever at NY. With the talent we have the right coaching staff would have beat Newark Catholic by 2 or 3 touchdowns.
Last edited by Bucks06 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Corso wrote:
Bucks06 wrote:If this is what the new coaching staff has to offer us in the years to come its gonna be a lot of long losing seasons. Very very sad performance 2 weeks in a row. Play calling is the worst I've ever seen at NY. Defense is the worst I've ever seen at NY.
Yea I told ya were not as good as people think. Offensive line stands around and watches a lot. Defensive backs not lining up right. Playing 10 yards off so NC kept throwing 3 on 2 screens on the outside. If we play anybody decent were going to lose. I have a feeling this was a last minute staff.....I hope
Waiting on orange and brown to get on here and say we dominated the line upfront on both sides of the ball. Lol

These kids who "stand around and watch" and that you think will lose when they "play someone decent" read these post and if you don't want what happened last year to happen again you better not run this team or their coaches down or they will lose confidence and all hell will break loose again.

Nelsonville needs to get behind these kids and Coach Richards like you did the Boston's and Meade and you can become a power again!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Ground Buck wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I think NC takes it and the interception will be a big reason.

#7 for NC will have to be a force on both sides of the ball for the prediction to come to be.
I think NY showed in week one what they can do when a team has one player to carry them. We all saw the result. If your post is accurate this week will be easier than last week. This team will not allow one player to beat them. :mrgreen:
Say again. :roll:

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

You beat your rival by 20 and started 1-0 after going 1-9 a year ago... I think they know SOMETHING about football!

Bucks06
Waterboy

Post by Bucks06 »

No just because they beat Trimble by 20 doesn't mean they know anything. Lol. They have a lot of correcting and teaching to do and if Richards wants to have the people behind him. He's got to get someone on his staff who can seriously improve the offensive play calling and defensive play calling because it is horrid.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Why 48 did not get the ball ore is still something I am shaking my head about.
He was not stopped at all when he did get it.

Hopefully #1 is not out very long.

I heard the injured player from Newark Catholic could be out up to three weeks.

The QB from N.Y. looked like he has each time I have watched him. A good runner and he throws a nice ball when he sets in the pocket. When he moves he is not very accurate. Not a knock on the young man. Just stating what I have taken in, when I have watched him play.

#48 and #1 both are studs. With no threat of a passing game, for the most part and a line that seems to lose a lot as the game goes on, those 2 studs have their work cut out as far as doing a whole lot.

Newark Catholic should have won by more than they should. Fumbled the ball into the end zone, when the NC player was trying to get extra yards hurt but the effort was there.

The refs having shall we say a really off night also kept this one closer than it should have been.

I also think NC had a GREAT game plan for this one as they showed, what looked to be a lot of new twist.

Someonebetter
Waterboy

Post by Someonebetter »

MeyerSpread wrote:
Corso wrote:

These kids who "stand around and watch" and that you think will lose when they "play someone decent" read these post and if you don't want what happened last year to happen again you better not run this team or their coaches down or they will lose confidence and all hell will break loose again.

Nelsonville needs to get behind these kids and Coach Richards like you did the Boston's and Meade and you can become a power again!
If the kids get upset after reading this garbage then NY is in trouble. Everything on this site is strictly someone else opinion and should have no bearing on how the kids perform on Friday night.

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

MeyerSpread wrote:You beat your rival by 20 and started 1-0 after going 1-9 a year ago... I think they know SOMETHING about football!
Beat our rival by 20. Our rivals who are down this year btw, that team should never beat us. kids trying to coach kids is not the answer. That's what our staff is right now. U have 2 coaches in that staff that May know some football, Richards and old man Watkins which the game may have passed him up.

Someonebetter
Waterboy

Post by Someonebetter »

Corso wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:You beat your rival by 20 and started 1-0 after going 1-9 a year ago... I think they know SOMETHING about football!
Beat our rival by 20. Our rivals who are down this year btw, that team should never beat us. kids trying to coach kids is not the answer. That's what our staff is right now. U have 2 coaches in that staff that May know some football, Richards and old man Watkins which the game may have passed him up.
I agree with your post 100%, just to many kids on the staff.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Wow.. Here it is again. One loss and the so called "Buckeye Faithful" are calling for the coaches' heads. Do you not realize this team was 1-9 last season? Were you expecting a 10-0 year? There is talent on this team, but why do you think they are going to run through everyone? Above average skill players and below average line. It's hard to win without a very good line. I just have a hard time thinking it's the coaching. To easy of a cop out if you ask me. I see the same thing at Athens. Kids are little league and junior high all stars, but in high school everyone kinda catches up with one another and things change. You can't think just bc these kids were undefeated when they were younger that it's going to automatically transform into high school success. Varsity football is a different game. Parents and fans have a hard time realizing that. Maybe there isn't as much talent on the team as you all think? and I don't mean that as a diss on the players. I'm sure they are working hard and I think they will still have a good season, but maybe expectations were a little to high? Part of being a fan I guess. Like I said it's the same thing at Athens. Everyone expects a joe burrow type season every year.. When we lose a game, it's the coaching every time. That's not fair.

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Rufus wrote:Wow.. Here it is again. One loss and the so called "Buckeye Faithful" are calling for the coaches' heads. Do you not realize this team was 1-9 last season? Were you expecting a 10-0 year? There is talent on this team, but why do you think they are going to run through everyone? Above average skill players and below average line. It's hard to win without a very good line. I just have a hard time thinking it's the coaching. To easy of a cop out if you ask me. I see the same thing at Athens. Kids are little league and junior high all stars, but in high school everyone kinda catches up with one another and things change. You can't think just bc these kids were undefeated when they were younger that it's going to automatically transform into high school success. Varsity football is a different game. Parents and fans have a hard time realizing that. Maybe there isn't as much talent on the team as you all think? and I don't mean that as a diss on the players. I'm sure they are working hard and I think they will still have a good season, but maybe expectations were a little to high? Part of being a fan I guess. Like I said it's the same thing at Athens. Everyone expects a joe burrow type season every year.. When we lose a game, it's the coaching every time. That's not fair.
I think it's plenty fair, u sing the coaches praise when he gets coach of the year, well sure when
u have the Players he had. Let's see his coaching skill now. Let's see coach Adams go 9-1
I'm saying we have coaches that haven't even coached before! Even at the pee wee level. Kids that don't know football. And it shows. Talent or not they can and should be technically sound. I can really go into details but I won't.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

First of all... Their is nothing wrong with the Buckeye coaching staff. They have done and continue to do an excellent job.
Newark Catholic is a darn good team and ground out that win. We had way to many missed tackles in the game. We shot ourselves in the foot a few times with missed opportunities and NC took advantage of it.
We did a lot of things right but still have some things to work on.

This is what happens when people get potential and expectations confused. This is a good football team with an excellent coaching staff. We played a heck of a team and learned a few things in the process. Chalk thus loss up and move on to next week cause it doesn't get any easier. Coach Richards and his staff will work hard to correct the mistakes and get ready for Liberty Center.
Sometimes you are going to take your lumps and have gut check games like thus one.
Be patient and let this team get better.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

MeyerSpread wrote:You got beat by a very good team! Lose with some class and stay behind your kids and coaches. You still have a chance to have a very successful year (win tvc and make playoffs).
Agreed

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Orange and Brown wrote:First of all... Their is nothing wrong with the Buckeye coaching staff. They have done and continue to do an excellent job.
Newark Catholic is a darn good team and ground out that win. We had way to many missed tackles in the game. We shot ourselves in the foot a few times with missed opportunities and NC took advantage of it.
We did a lot of things right but still have some things to work on.

This is what happens when people get potential and expectations confused. This is a good football team with an excellent coaching staff. We played a heck of a team and learned a few things in the process. Chalk thus loss up and move on to next week cause it doesn't get any easier. Coach Richards and his staff will work hard to correct the mistakes and get ready for Liberty Center.
Sometimes you are going to take your lumps and have gut check games like thus one.
Be patient and let this team get better.
Wake up dude ! I said earlier 7-3 , 8-2. With this staff. But trust me it's not a good one. Win the games u should win and lose to anyone that's decent. Mark it down. Don't say when we win the tvc that there are decent teams in it.

Bucks06
Waterboy

Post by Bucks06 »

Orange and Brown. If that's what you think then you are blind. The coaching staff is young and no experience with how to coach a team that should be competing week in and week out. No corrections are being made week to week or even at halftime. These last two weeks have been the worst play calling I've ever seen at NY and its embarrassing and I blame the coaching staff. Newark Catholic is average at best and did nothing fancy to beat us. We have talent and with the right coaching we should have won last night. But that's what's happens when you just bring in anyone to coach.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Bucksfan06 you really expect this team to go from 1-9 to 10-0. This is the same talent that you speak of that only won 1 game a year ago. I believe the old saying is "Rome wasn't built in a day." You keep complaining about these young coaches. Maybe you should have applied to be the head coach or apply to be an assistant. Sounds like you know it all.
Plus you do know the last 3 years prior to this we have been in a rebuilding mode. 4-6, 7-3, and 1-9. Lets give it time and wait and see how this pans out. I am with Orange and Brown I still believe our Buckeyes will compete for a league title.
Go Bucks

Return to “Football”