Logan 31 Athens 30

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK6 Athens (4-1) @ Logan (0-5)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:I need a Luck Focos shirt made before I see Spencer in the pressbox friday. Lol

Josh Jackson, a kicker? That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. :)
Hey, a kicker can win a ballgame for ya too. Got to be darn good to kick for a top notch college program.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

93Bulldog wrote:Seriously noreply? Toledo Central Catholic, DeSales & ASVSM couldnt hold Athens down, but Logan could? SMH
Down to 30 points and we score 40 plus...Seriously

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Our QB is the backup at Ohio State, our RB started for Northwestern last night, our two receivers were dressed for OU game yesterday and slot guy will be starting for Georgetown next year. But ok, Logan would have held that offense in check. Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Btw, the defense was not horrible. But when your average scoring drive is under one minute - it puts a lot of pressure on your D. Just like Oregon under chip kelly. The poor guys are asked to play defense almost every minute of every game.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:Seriously noreply? Toledo Central Catholic, DeSales & ASVSM couldnt hold Athens down, but Logan could? SMH
An AMYX defense. Yep. Stop a truck most of the time. It would have been a fight VS the Burrow team with many of the Real good Logan teams. Logan could have scored a bunch too on Athens's defense in the Burrow era. I could guarantee it but we will never know because we didn't play. I liked the Angle team too. Score and score quick.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:Our QB is the backup at Ohio State, our RB started for Northwestern last night, our two receivers were dressed for OU game yesterday and slot guy will be starting for Georgetown next year. But ok, Logan would have held that offense in check. Lol
Hold them in check enough to score back. Not saying completely stop them. I seen the Angle team go right into to Lancaster and put it on the Gales quickly and had a very good year. And when Logan was a borderline "Div 1" with the Conrad team go in and put it on Westerville South very hard then turn around and beat Pickerington the next week. Then finally got beat by UA, that went on to win it all.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:We also decorated your town in green & gold before the 1990 game, as your policeman watched & laughed! Lol
:D :D :D

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Plans are in the works to decorate the infamous Pfloyd's house this year! A green & gold bulldog in the yard would look sooooooo much better than the purple hippo!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Plans are in the works to decorate the infamous Pfloyd's house this year! A green & gold bulldog in the yard would look sooooooo much better than the purple hippo!
... I heard thru the grapevine that 93dog was making threats about burning an AHS in the Pfloyd Yard ?!!! LOL ... not sure if I will make the game Friday nite as my youngest is graduating from the Ohio State Highway Patrol in C'bus Friday ... If we get back in town early enough I'll get over to Chieftain Stadium to run into to 93dog & friends ...

... as far as the argument about which schools program has been the better of the 2 in the last 10 years ? Logan's record is around 64-42 ... 4 playoff appearances since 2006 ... 5 SEOAL titles since 2006 ... I defer to 93dog and the Athens contingent as to the overall record for the Bulldogs' over this span 95-22 ? 4 straight playoff appearances , regional championship appearances 3 straight times, 1 regional championship, a state final appearance that they should have won given another 30-60 seconds ...

Got to go with the Bulldogs over the last 10 years ... one of the best if not THE best program in SEO ... imo a "program" gets it done EVERY year Logan had a 5 year span prior to last year of averaging 3 "Ws" a season over that time ... "programs" may be up & down but due the coaching/preparation/teaching of fundamentals even the down seasons are .500 or better ...

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

93Bulldog wrote:Two more words ... Luck Fogan ... ;)
Your hatred of my beloved school is nauseating. I bet youre the one who burned that A in our field and broke the Bill Sauer field sign when you were like 11. Just because we owned you guys throughout the 80s and 90s your heart is black with a green outline. I understand. Growing up knowing of nothing but losses to guys in purple would give me nightmares as well. Barney probably scared you as a young dog and I am certain any time you replay any game in the pink gym you lost to us makes you wake up in a cold sweat.

To the game;
Logan played a very good half of football vs the buckeyes last week defensively but the wheels came off in the 3rd period for whatever reason. Logan has played very well at times but they have looked very bad at times. Is this the week they put 4 quarters together? Could be a great time to do it.

Live Like A Champion!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hahaha yes, I once punched Barney in the nose just because he was purple!

Pretty good rundown Floyd ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote:The Athens defense was so bad while Burrows was there.
The Conrads defense would have held Burrow down to 30 points and their defense would have allowed Logan to score 40 plus...just that simple.

Logan under the Conrads...good defense and good offense
Athens under Burrows "Our offense needs to score more than the defense gives up."
2000 Logan(10-0) 27 Zanesville(3-7) 21
2014 Athens was up 52-14 on 5-5 Zanesville at half. Remember Zanesville was at state the year before and after.

Compared to Athens, the 2000 Logan team had no offense
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Senior year

Joey Conrad 1900 yards passing 16 TD's 7 INT 363 rushing yards 9 TD's

Joey Burrow 4500 yards passing 63 TD's 2 INT 642 rushing yards 5 TD's

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:Senior year

Joey Conrad 1900 yards passing 16 TD's 7 INT 363 rushing yards 9 TD's

Joey Burrow 4500 yards passing 63 TD's 2 INT 642 rushing yards 5 TD's

2 great teams
0 rings

Logan probably had a better defense
Athens by far better offense

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nobody gets rings ... lol

Athens did get 4 state plaques though. 2 regional runner ups, one regional championship plaque & a nice state runner up one to show off in the trophy case. :)

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Unless Logan changes the culture around the varsity program and learn to play with pride look for a very long upcoming Friday evening! One of the worst display of football I watched last Friday night!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

At least you have the maturity to chime in moon. Paladin vanishes whenever the chiefs are down. Just an observation.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

93Bulldog wrote:At least you have the maturity to chime in moon. Paladin vanishes whenever the chiefs are down. Just an observation.
Up or down a true supporter always supports! and always call a spade a spade!
Last edited by moonshine on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:Our QB is the backup at Ohio State, our RB started for Northwestern last night, our two receivers were dressed for OU game yesterday and slot guy will be starting for Georgetown next year. But ok, Logan would have held that offense in check. Lol
That same Logan defense did a pretty good job of holding Westerville South in check.

For the record, their offense had a Super Bowl champion at wide receiver (Lance Moore), a #2 receiver that nearly broke all of that guys records at Toledo (Steve Odom), and a QB that was a preferred walk-on at Ohio State (Rocky Pentello) and set a bunch of DIII records after transferring to Capital.

Pentello set all the records that the Mauks and later Burrow broke. He passed for 3500 yards and threw 35 touchdown passes - this was all in 2000 before anyone else was throwing the ball like that.

But really, who cares. I have no idea how 2000 Logan would do against 2014 Athens. I have no idea how 1942 Athens would have done against 2014 Athens.

And yes, over the last 10 years Athens has been the much better program. Not hard to do to be honest, but Athens has been better than about anyone in these parts.
Last edited by loganlocos on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

On to 2016.

I'm afraid "The Streak" will come to an end. I was in The Plains the last time Logan lost to the Dogs. Unfortunately I will not be at The Chief this week.

I also don't envision Coach Adams taking any mercy on the Chiefs. Logan had opportunities in the first half against the Buckeyes, but didn't convert and the orange and brown made them pay for it in the second half.

But hey, Logan is really good at soccer now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”