Complaints: What are yours(about the football experiance)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Complaints: What are yours(about the football experiance)

Post by Orange and Brown »

Buford T Rutter wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:The quality of officials that schools use in Southeastern Ohio.
It's not a great job and the pay sucks, but something has to be done because I see so many blown calls game after game at home and away on both sides.
I doubt you really understand the rules well enough to know if a call was blown. Lots has changed since 1958.
I wasn't alive in 1958 but okay.........

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Buford T Rutter wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:The quality of officials that schools use in Southeastern Ohio.
It's not a great job and the pay sucks, but something has to be done because I see so many blown calls game after game at home and away on both sides.
I doubt you really understand the rules well enough to know if a call was blown. Lots has changed since 1958.
I wasn't alive in 1958 but okay.........
Of the 5 games that I have attended this year, only one crew was deserving of their uniform. And that game had someone on the sidelines wearing an OHSAA shirt and carrying a clipboard. Go figure.
The other 4 crews deserved cells to go with their stripes.
It's really a sad state.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Women, usually older ones, who think that they know more about football than the offensive/defensive coordinators.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

People who make their own parking spot and just cause an unnecessary traffic jam..

ROLL PEAKE
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

wagner97 wrote:Women, usually older ones, who think that they know more about football than the offensive/defensive coordinators.
Sadly, with some of the OC's and DC's this year many of those, "women, usually older ones," do know more than them. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! It's my favorite time of year so no complaints here.
I HEAR YA TROJAN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

A coach calling plays to feature certain players just to satisfy an influential parent. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

For Athens to build a brand new visitor locker rooms. Band bleachers in the end zones. Bigger away stands.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Injuries, I hate that kids miss out on opportunities to play when they work so hard in practice and in the off season for only 10 Friday nights.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

People (Mostly Moms) Who Do Not Understand The Meaning Of The Term "Garbage Time"
No, I Am Not Refering To Your Childs Play Time! I Am Refering To The Other Team Scoring Or Having Success In A Point In The Game Which Means NOTHING.
I'm Glad Your Son Got In The Game, He Is Not Garbage But The Point In The Game Is..
Heck My Own Plays In Garbage Time, But Im Aware Of What It Is.

So When ANYONE Hears Someone Say This Do Not Get Bent Out Of Shape, Just Go On Understanding Now.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Neutron Man wrote:People (Mostly Moms) Who Do Not Understand The Meaning Of The Term "Garbage Time"
No, I Am Not Refering To Your Childs Play Time! I Am Refering To The Other Team Scoring Or Having Success In A Point In The Game Which Means NOTHING.
I'm Glad Your Son Got In The Game, He Is Not Garbage But The Point In The Game Is..

So When ANYONE Hears Someone Say This Do Not Get Bent Out Of Shape, Just Go On Understanding Now.
Don't Be talking Trash :lol:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

piratepride86 wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:People (Mostly Moms) Who Do Not Understand The Meaning Of The Term "Garbage Time"

Don't Be talking Trash :lol:
:lol: You Know It!
Cause You Was There When It Happened!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

We all seem to have a lot of the same complaints

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

- Stadiums where the visitors side isn't big enough for 25 ppl or so low that you have to stand at the top, and by "The Top" I mean 5 rows up just to see over the crown of the field.
- Announcers that carry on conversations with other ppl in the press box or in the home stands.
- Ppl on cell phones or that try to carry on conversations with everyone around them. Instead of watching and rooting on there team.
- I haven't seen this that much in recent years but I did see it and a game this year. Kids, and I know they are kids just being kids but...... when a sheriffs deputy has to tell a group of kids, not once, not twice but 4 times to stop walk through to visitors side looking to start trouble with the visiting student section. Where was the school administrators?
- I know this is a football forum but..... Bands that have to go warm up for 8 mins before halftime. And if that is not annoying enough they play so loud you can't hardly hear the announcer because 3 of the 4 speaker from 1976 don't work and that one is on the home side.

AT THE RESERVATION
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This is a big one to me.

P.A. Announcers who do not call out each play.
P.A. Announcers who call out names and not numbers of the players. (My complaint on this is, so many names gets butchered and fans/parents yell out the correct name of the player over and over and over.(The guy at Bellaire is awesome)

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

wagner97 wrote:Women, usually older ones, who think that they know more about football than the offensive/defensive coordinators.
Same women who know more about officiating.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Same women who know more about officiating.
With some of the officiating crews I've seen this year I bet some women do.......

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Women shouldn't even be allowed to watch the sport! It's a man's game!!!!

Did I do that right? We're being anti-women in sports now, correct? I feel like that's the angle that is being played based on the last few posts. :roll:

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Oh yeaaa sorrrrrrreeey
Political correctness is not a major suit of mine.
Give em all trophies!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds like a bunch of know it all men on here. Just remember your mother is a woman. The ladies need respect.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”