Which Team Will Win The SOC 1 this year?

bucknut 23
Varsity

Re: Which Team Will Win The SOC 1 this year?

Post by bucknut 23 »

Why would the SOC even consider allowing Northwest in Division I in football? They would still struggle in this division with East, Oak Hill, and Symmes Valley although they would be much more competitive.

However, couldn't you hear the uproar IF Northwest was ever to win the "SMALL" school SOC I and they are the LARGEST school enrollment wise in Scioto County. They were back up to Division II in basketball this year in the tournament, the same as Chillicothe, Zanesville, Logan, etc....

This would not go over well........

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:Compare East to Valley? :lol:

Valley needed to step up. After all there enrollment is close to West,Minford,Burg,etc.....
East's a small School like New Boston.

Burg wins alot in SOC-II should they move somewhere ?

East is where they need to be...

if you will see at the end of my post, i put n :-D

I was playing with tartanblue.
I would NEVER compare East with Valley, and you are right, East is where they need to be, to be able to compete.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

bucknut 23 wrote:Why would the SOC even consider allowing Northwest in Division I in football? They would still struggle in this division with East, Oak Hill, and Symmes Valley although they would be much more competitive.

However, couldn't you hear the uproar IF Northwest was ever to win the "SMALL" school SOC I and they are the LARGEST school enrollment wise in Scioto County. They were back up to Division II in basketball this year in the tournament, the same as Chillicothe, Zanesville, Logan, etc....

This would not go over well........

Northwest needs to move down to SOC I .
It is obvious to everyone in Scioto Co that they have a difficult time competing in the Soc II.
They may have the highest enrollment, but look at the demographics. There are a lot of kids walking the halls that do nothing athletically. Allowing them to drop to SOC I would allow them to have some success in their program. Success would allow the coach to persuade some of the athletes out there to get involved in the program. One the coach is able to turn the program around allow them to return to the larger school division.
What would it hurt for a couple of years to allow NW to play the smaller division?

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Nwest should never be allowed to drop to DIV. I. Just because they arent very good doesnt mean they should drop to the small division they either step there program up or go Independant for about 10 years to build the program and get some wins and that will get the younger kids in pee-wee and jr high more excited to play when they get in HS because those kids dont care who the varsity team beats they really dont know any better. All they know is winning is good and losing sucks. They just need some kind of winning tradition regardless of the opponents.

Ideal Schedule
East
Valley- Need to establish a good competitive rivalry here.
Oak Hill
Manchester
Green
S. Valley
S. Gallia
Hunt Ross
Notre Dame
Cupcake

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

using your logic they should play the SOC I teams but shouldn't be in the league. WOW!
You don't mind using the school for playoff points ?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

battlecats wrote:Nwest should never be allowed to drop to DIV. I. Just because they arent very good doesnt mean they should drop to the small division they either step there program up or go Independant for about 10 years to build the program and get some wins and that will get the younger kids in pee-wee and jr high more excited to play when they get in HS because those kids dont care who the varsity team beats they really dont know any better. All they know is winning is good and losing sucks. They just need some kind of winning tradition regardless of the opponents.

Ideal Schedule
East
Oak Hill
Manchester
Green
S. Valley
S. Gallia
Hunt Ross
Notre Dame
Cupcake

If Northwest went Independent, they would have a hard time trying to fill a schedule.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

battlecats wrote:Nwest should never be allowed to drop to DIV. I. Just because they arent very good doesnt mean they should drop to the small division they either step there program up or go Independant for about 10 years to build the program and get some wins and that will get the younger kids in pee-wee and jr high more excited to play when they get in HS because those kids dont care who the varsity team beats they really dont know any better. All they know is winning is good and losing sucks. They just need some kind of winning tradition regardless of the opponents.

Ideal Schedule
East
Oak Hill
Manchester
Green
S. Valley
S. Gallia
Hunt Ross
Notre Dame
Cupcake

Wow, they pretty much play these teams anyway and still does not do that good.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Theres actually a huge difference in these schedules. That schedule actually gives them hope and something to look foward to. You take off Burg, West, Minford and Waverly which are all almost garenteed loses every year and add a Manchester, South Gallia, Southeastern Ross and even a team like Hunt. ross or Unioto and they could compete and win a few of these games. Theres a hugeeee difference from going 1-9 or 2-8 every year to 5-5 or 6-4.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Even with that schedule they would still probly only win 1 or 2 games.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Tartanblue wrote:Even with that schedule they would still probly only win 1 or 2 games.

Sad but true. I wish that they would at least give teams some good competition. They have the numbers to because they are in DIV. It just must be lack of talent out in Northwest.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Enough with Northwest Im pretty pumped about the East squad again this year. From looking at the schedule I see another possible 10-0 season but more likely 8-2 or 9-1. Should have a great defense again and be loaded in the backfield with 4 or 5 good backs. The only ? is QB so hopefully they'll fine their man.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

OAK HILL

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

tartans or Oaks. east will have them at home though.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'm still sticking with Oak Hill.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

it's east's title to lose. after all they have won it the last 2 seasons

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Mad_Dogg wrote:it's east's title to lose. after all they have won it the last 2 seasons

Indeed.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

It’s always the current champs to lose. I see East being tough again but with all of Oak Hill’s Red Shirt freshmen returning it is retuning it theirs to win.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

East

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Not to take anything away from the kids; I have one on the team! Alot also depends on who the OC will be next year! Coach Bond was the OC last year. Had a productive offense last year; over 3,700+ yards rushing! That chews up a lot of ticks on the clock!

I will always pick EAST!

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

It will be interesting to see who steps in under center this year for East. This team has ALOT of talent returning and should be deep at the skill positions. I would like to see them use some more play action pass to go along with the wing-t. The defense returns 2 all state players and will probably the strength of the team. This team has a great shot of going 10-0 again.

Return to “Football”