Freshman Team

Re: OVC PREDICTIONS

Post by Devilhorse »

Coal Grove or South Point

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

As far as fairland goes, I have always said the main problem is Defense, the offense can catch people off guard in southern Ohio but it's size on the defensive side of the ball, and I know there is no way to teach size you are big or your not and even if you have speed on defense if someone is pounding your d-line thru an entire game they are going to give and that starts the problem.

Bucking Red I will agree with your injuries comments to a point, if you don't have the depth that falls on the coaching staff though, you have to find a way to get the boys to come out. Which brings me to the question, why doesn't Fairland have more boys come out to get that depth, and does anyone now if Fairland's Jr. High is having the same problem with numbers. I just want to let it be known I am not knocking Fairland I just want to find out why they don't have the numbers, because if Fairland can get the numbers to be better, if Chesapeake can get back to where they were a few years ago, and South Point, Rock Hill and the Grove stay where they have been then the OVC would be looked at as a feared conference again.

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

bgmonster wrote:You couldn't defend him Boy. And I seriously doubt you could block, tackle, or juke him either. You're in for a long season - maybe even two if you don't learn how to spell.

u dont even kno me and ur sayin all these things. so u dont even kno so u need to keep ur mouth shut

bgmonster
Waterboy

Post by bgmonster »

Actually, I probably do know you. I've followed Fairland sports for several years. I also know Lamb and most of his former teammates which is how I know the remarks you post are personal and not the opinion of the entire team. I think your time would be better spent concentrating on your job this season and not Lamb. I also think you should remember that a lot of Lamb's friends are your current teammates. I wish you and the Dragons a successful and injury-free season.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I don't think any team can be effective when you are playing your 3rd or 4th string back and that happened a lot last year.It also hurt them on D too because most of them played D too. We could move the ball but we just couldn't hide them on defense. I think most schools are down in numbers 20 yrs. ago there would be 70-80 kids playing now if you get 40 you are lucky.IMO most kids who are not going to get playing time will not play. They are not happy being just part of the team. From my understanding this year's jr. high team has about 30 kids out. Which is a little bit bigger than most years .

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The thing about Fairland's JR High team is that they're usually always at or near the top of the conference, while the High School remains in the middle or near the bottom of the conference.
The thing a lot of people look over is the fact that Fairland has a massive Cross Country team every Fall. XC is a sport in which everyone "gets to play" and the only thing you have to do is get better and better personally as the season goes on.
Coach Wentz has done a good job recruiting kids and so that is bound to shrink the football numbers.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fuzz the kids who are playing now had success when they were in jr. high. but the kids who graduated the last 2-3 yrs didn't. I agree coach Wentz and coach B do a great job with CC and track.But there are kids who don't play anything in the fall for whatever reason and there are several kids who would get playing time and might even start,but just don't have the desire to play.

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

why is everyone still yapping about the past. what's done is done, move on. the boys played hard in evey game and tried there best. that's all a you can ask for. I thought this was a site about the OVC THIS YEAR! I beleive it will be a very comptetive league this year, who knows what will go on during the season. I think it's up for grabs. could be anyone, heck the way River Valley has been playing, they're probably in the running too. good luck to everyone.

one last thing, I hope Lamb has a great season. Good Luck!!!!!! great kid

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I agree. I can't remember a time when the OVC looked more tight coming into a season. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

Fuzzhead,
Why are the Jenkins and Branch boys not playing for Coal Grove this year?

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

River valley will not be in the running,that is one thing i'm sure of.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

on a mission wrote:River valley will not be in the running,that is one thing i'm sure of.

I take it you are from RV or have seen them practice or know what kind of players they have for 2008??

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

No i havent, just going on past.SINCE COMING INTO THE OVC I HAVEN'T SEEN A TEAM FROM RV BE IN THE HUNT!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

racenut70 wrote:Fuzzhead,
Why are the Jenkins and Branch boys not playing for Coal Grove this year?

Well... Shane Jenkins graduated this year and from what I've heard, Jake just doesn't have the desire to play anymore.
I couldn't tell you why Trent Branch isn't playing.
Personally, I think they're both making big mistakes, but who am I to judge?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

on a mission wrote:No i havent, just going on past.SINCE COMING INTO THE OVC I HAVEN'T SEEN A TEAM FROM RV BE IN THE HUNT!

You are right....since coming into the OVC, RV has only been in the hunt 1 year, which was their first year at 3-2, tied for second.

HOWEVER....the past is just that......the PAST!! I'm concentrating on the 2008 Raiders, not what they did in 02, 03, 04, etc.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Yeah i guess u r right,sorry for jumping to conclusions.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Hey, you are fine. I wasn't arguing with ya.....just trying to get at what you were saying. It's cool! :122249

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Coal Grove
Rock Hill
Fairland
South Point
Chesapeake
River Valley

cgfootball
Waterboy